Back to Introduction to Personal Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Personal Finance by SoFi

This course is a general overview of a variety of personal finance topics - including budgeting, the importance of your credit score, cash flow, setting financial goals, and taxes. Taught by two CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professionals, the concepts are broken down through videos, readings, and activities so you can apply what you are learning in real time. The course provides the foundation to build on for the rest of The Fundamentals of Personal Finance Specialization or as a standalone survey course to improve your understanding of basic personal finance terminology, as well as how they apply to your own financial situation. Whether you are just starting college, nearing retirement, or somewhere in between, this course will provide you with the knowledge to understand your money and actionable steps to manage your finances in the future. This course is geared towards learners in the United States of America....

ER
Jun 30, 2021

MN
Jun 24, 2021

Great overall course that can help with your personal finances and if you are in a business can also help with your goals for that business

1 - 17 of 17 Reviews for Introduction to Personal Finance

By Melissa M

Jun 14, 2021

O​verall, I really enjoyed this course. One of the primary reasons I had for enrolling was to learn more about and understand taxes. There was plenty of information provided on that particular topic. I also wanted to learn more about personal finance and about budgeting. Unfortunately, some of the videos had moments in which the speaker could not be heard. I struggled some with a few of the assignments but I did my best. I would recommend this to those looking to learn more about personal finance and to those in need of a refresher.

By Michael F

May 29, 2021

This course just made me feel much more confident in my personal money management skills. Of Course, I did pick up a few other tricks that will help me improve my budgeting skills. Highly recommend this intro course.

By Asiman D

May 19, 2021

Overall the course is as expected, a decent introduction to start with improving your own personal finance.

Pro: The course provides quite some useful information and recommendations

Cons: (1) The videos can be improved substantially (I would recommend watching it at 1.25 - 1.5x; The eye movement to read the script is very distracting; A couple of videos have slight audio problems). (2) Almost all of the reading material is accessed through hyperlinks to SoFi's websites which makes it kind of pointless to follow this course, not to mention that this content is not "course" quality. (3) Many points discussed are associated with the US laws and regulations which make it less relevant, if not irrelevant, for individuals following this course and not from U.S.

Possible Improvement: Addition of case studies and real life examples would make this course quite interactive and interesting in my opinion.

By Benjamin R

Jul 13, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! It was broken down into manageable sessions. I also liked how the course included a mix of practice items, videos and readings. I'm looking forward to continued learning with SoFi and Coursera!

By Eryn R

Jul 1, 2021

​Great foundation into personal finance. Repetitive and sometimes boring if you have some footing in that area, but a great reference for those who do not!

By Michael N

Jun 25, 2021

By Bettina R

Jul 9, 2021

This was a great course, I enjoyed learning about the psychology behind finances. Having the order we should do things in was helpful.

By Khafilat

Jun 18, 2021

A very wholesome course that breaks down in simple terms; key concepts related to personal finance.

By tiffany v

Jun 17, 2021

​I enjoyed taking the course. It was very easy and provided me with a lot of knowledge.

By Majadi M P

Jul 12, 2021

Digestable, Simplified, Not boring and time consuming, GREAT Informative content

By Jose T

Jun 24, 2021

Learned a lot about financial psychology. Thanks

By Stephanie C

Aug 8, 2021

Great course on personal finance!

By Rina W

Jun 17, 2021

​practical Insights

By Aunchisa T

May 16, 2021

Great course.

By Shannon W

Jun 25, 2021

Good course, I learned a lot. It was a little repetitive at times, and some of the material was a little simple for me, but I think it was still very helpful. I wish I had this material to learn from 10 years ago!

By HOWARD H P

Sep 6, 2021

This introduction is literally an introduction.

By Kanyanat M