Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL
Jun 1, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

VB
Sep 11, 2020

Very informative, straight forward, and was practically free too! The teachers were very easy to understand, had a real passion for their subject, and I really learned a lot. Would totally recommend!

51 - 75 of 865 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Гаврилова К С

May 16, 2020

I want to express my gratitude to professors Emma Jakoi and Jennifer Carbey!

And I highly recommend this course!

This is an amazing experience! You will open a new world full of modern knowledge and approaches to learning! The material of these course is adapted and easy to understand but also very professional and actual both students and people who have never learned physiology yet. Process of learning is really enjoyed and exciting!

Thanks to this course I'm as student biologist not afraid of subject of physiology that will wait me in next year! Also I found this a lot of very useful and illustrative information from the biochemistry, cytlogy abd histology.

This is an unforgettable and unique experience for everyone who wants to become a professional in sphere of physiology as well as biology and medicine

By Amir S

Jun 6, 2020

My name is Muhammad Amir Mustufa (Pakistan). I got a valuable Certificate on completion of the course. I would like to say that this course increased and enhanced my knowledge, I feel that my understanding, concept, mechanism of Human body systems improved.

I am very thankful to My very humble, loyal, committed, outstanding instructors Professor Dr. Emma Jakoi & Jennifer Carbrey, who explained the Physiological concept in a very precise, understanding manner. I would like to say that they are faithful, the real strength of the Duke education system.

I also would like to give thanks to the whole Coursera team, who developed this very interesting course in a very organized manner

Thanks

By dn2013

Jan 12, 2016

A wonderful course which enabled me to learn a lot about the human physiology. The professors have put in a lot of effort to squeeze in a complex subject into this course. To take this course a basic background in Cell Biology would be helpful. i did not have this, so I had to put in extra effort to understand. Moreover, the chemistry I had learned was several decades ago, so I had forgotten the basics. But still, I enjoyed the course tremendously. The mentors were of great help on the discussion forum.

Thank you very much Dr Jakoi and Dr Carbrey for making this course available. I look forward to taking more courses taught by you in future.

By Zarina Z

Jun 3, 2020

It was very interesting und full of information course. I could learn more about human body, about physiology. I could better understand which kind of systems work in our body, which pathology could be. The most excelent point which I discover for me in this course, it is how amazing is our body. Thank you very much for this course. It was great experience! I would advice to do this course for those people who are interested in understanding how our body works. There are a lot of information about Biochemistry too. So if you are interested in understanding of full processes in human body, so the course is totally great for that.

By Brooke N

Dec 7, 2017

Very useful course! I have a limited science background, with no post-secondary science education. It was much more in-depth and detailed than I had expected. The material was very challenging, but the teacher's explanations were clear and the graphics in the power-point slides helped me to understand concepts more clearly. The notes were also very useful. One drawback is that the presentation can be somewhat dry at times. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in gaining a fairly in-depth understanding of major systems of the body, all within an introductory course.

By Narain M

Nov 7, 2015

I have already completed 3 modules, and I just love this course. The program, the videos and the quizes are all very well designed, the exam questions although a bit of higher level compared to the theory exposed, makes you think in real physiology and that's really great. You can see that this course is planned and designed with the real objective of teaching you physiology, and you can see the effort that's been placed here by both teachers in order to make this happen. So congratulations to both of you and to the University of Duke. Great job in general terms.

By Benjamin S

The amount of information given in this course was excellent, as well as the general organization, though one or two videos were out of order here. Jakoi is obviously very knowledgeable, but what's more impressive is how clearly she conveys her knowledge. She didn't keep things simple either though, as some teachers slow down the presentation of material for students, the lessons continued to push me to work harder at understanding in-depth material at nearly a professional level. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and learned a lot.

By John P

Apr 25, 2017

This was an extremely difficult course for me that required repeatedly reading the course material and utilizing Wikipedia to access a deeper understanding of the many organ and cell functions. The course was very thorough and well structured. I found that as I advanced in the course I was able to find answers and explanations for anything that was initially unclear to me. Had it not been for the collaboration of Coursera, Duke University, and the Course Instructors, I would not have been able to access a course of this quality.

By Michal T

Oct 12, 2017

A comprehensive introduction to Human Physiology. My background in physiology had been rather poor (should have paid more attention in Biology lessons:) but I understood this course well. It is well structured and explained at a quite basic level. If you do not mind stopping the lessons now and then to check out some terminology, I believe this course is just perfect. It has also been quite fun, too. I would appreciate more "real" pictures included in addition to the diagrams. Good luck with the course and thank you!

By Jael R

Nov 3, 2018

Intensely informative and I emphasize intense. Very detailed information. Take the time to understand what they are teaching you. Use the slides provided for your notes. The instructors answer your questions quickly and in easy to understand detail. If you have any interest in pursuing work in conventional, natural, or alternative medicine, you must take this course. Learning how the body maintains itself from the cell to the system is a solid foundation to build on. Thank you for providing this course!

By MRMC

Jan 10, 2016

I should have started with the course Learning How to Learn first before I even started with this Introductory Human Physiology course because It would have better prepared me to understand the course better and be able to finish the course on time. It looks like I will need to really study this course slowly at my own phase by not being concerned and bothered by any deadline. Thanks and congratulation to the Professors responsible for putting up together complex course on line and FREE at that.

By 馮貫禎

Feb 19, 2021

This is a very useful and attractive course for students that are interested in medicine like me. Dr. Jakoi and Dr. Carbrey gave a very clear and understandable description and explanation to mechanisms and function of each system. Even though I am not a native English speaker and only have high school biology background, the course is fairly clear for me. I really appreciate both of the instructors. I am willing to take more courses form Duke/Coursera.

By Hanyu W

Mar 8, 2020

Great course. Very informative and useful to prepare for medical school. The lecturers are both great and clear. The only small issue for me, personally, is that some lecture segments maybe a bit long (more than 30 mins). I would suggest making the segments shorter for better concentration and reflection. (Again, that's just my personal preference.) Overall, I would recommend the course to everyone. Thanks so much for the efforts from the lecturers.

By Aspasia S

Nov 12, 2017

Simple and comprehensive, yet sound and on point presentation of the basics of the vast field of Physiology. This course helps a lot on focusing on the important terms and conditions and in organizing everything in one's mind. Particularly helpful for undergraduates on the health sciences' field, who can be overwhelmed when in first contact with this subject. I would strongly recommend and encourage everybody interested to enroll.

By Pru H

Jan 12, 2021

I am currently in my last year of high school. Coming from a future Biomed major, I loved this course. Though sometimes it may feel pretty overwhelming due to the amount of information. All in all though, for its length (10 weeks of content!), it's worth the price. Also, I appreciate that Professor Emma Jakoi is pretty active in discussion forums, so we can ask doubts in case we have trouble understanding a certain concept.

By Luis E G y G

Apr 8, 2019

EXCELLENT course, I love it! the material is very complete and covers everything basic and essential about physiology at an adequate level, the exams I liked because they are a bit difficult but they make you study and review the lessons. Of the courses that have taught me the most and I learned a lot. The instructors are great, it is seen that they totally dominate the topics and teach in a very didactic and concise way.

By David G

Jan 25, 2021

Introductory Human Physiology is an excellent course to learn about human body systems and anomalies with these systems. Professor Carbrey and Professor Jakoi do an outstanding job of presenting the complex materials in a clear and engaging manner. I really appreciated their enthusiasm and joy as they taught the class. The separate batches of PowerPoint slides were quite helpful in preparing for the quizes.

By Manaswini P

Jun 5, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. I had heard of Coursera and had a preliminary interest in biology, especially with physiology and thus decided to pursue this course. Though I initially found it difficult and an adjustment, both professors did an excellent job of not only explaining the material but detailing its relevance in our lives and soon enough, I was caught up and looked forward to each lecture.

By Kim R

Sep 13, 2020

I took this course simply for my own self-interest. I am absolutely amazed to learn all that we know about the human body and how it functions! And this was just an introductory course. Instructors made the material clear to understand with good use of diagrams and markings on the diagrams; anecdotal stories interjected appropriately also helped make the material make sense. Thanks for sharing!

By Juan P V A

Oct 5, 2020

Excelente, brinda una mirada profunda del funcionamiento del cuerpo humano y todos los procesos involucrados, desde lo netamente fisiológico y Anatómico hasta lo Químico y Biológico. Además las profesoras son conocedoras del tema y aún siendo una educación virtual, logran dar a conocer la temática y hacer las clases interesantes y lúdicas. Agradezco a Duke University y a Coursera por este espacio.

By Santosh K M

Nov 29, 2019

The break up of each topic in a weekly manner is planned very well. The concept is well articulated and hence it becomes easier for the student to understand and imagine the working of each part of the body. The material is also simplified so that even a fresher would easily assimilate the contents. Looking forward to more courses from Duke. Thanks once again for the enlightenment on Physiology

By Luisa S

This course was very well structured and easy to understand. After every lecture you could do an assessment to check wheather you understood the general concepst and could transfere them to real life situations. It was awesome that you got an sum up PDF at the end of every week, so can easily repeat the content and look up informations about specific topics. I really enjoyed this course.

By svetlana s

Jun 9, 2016

One of the best free online A&P courses I have seen and been part of. The content is very well laid out and is presented in a very easy to follow manner. I would highly recommend doing this course. There is a lot of new information to learn especially if you have not done A&P before, but the excellent video lectures and written resources make it relatively easy to find answers.

By Giuliana O C

Nov 6, 2020

Aprendí muchísimo con este curso. Soy estudiante del último año de secundaria. Y mi objetivo futuro es estudiar medicina, por lo que este curso me ayudó muchísimo y me hizo crecer como persona. Estoy muy agradecida. Es un curso llevadero ya que lo hice a la misma vez que el colegio e inglés particular. Lo recomiendo muchísimo, ya que las explicaciones son fabulosas. Me encantó

By MAYANK B

Feb 28, 2019

I loved this course from the very start of the lecture. All the concepts explained in the video(s) are utmost important and simplified for easy understanding. Ms is explaining so well all the terms and principle behind the physiology.

The lectures are in depth and gives ample knowledge in human physiology. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

Duke University rocks !