Back to The Art & Science of Product Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art & Science of Product Management by Advancing Women in Tech

Sponsored by AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS). Learn how Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Twitch PMs and lead and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of UX designers, software engineers, AI/ML engineers. Plus, practice real PM interview questions asked by Microsoft, Google, and Amazon! Featuring NANCY WANG, Head of Data Protection Services, Amazon Web Services; Founder and CEO, Advancing Women in Product; SANDY CARTER, Vice President for Worldwide Public Sector Programs, Amazon Web Services; PRANAVA ADDURI, Software Engineering Manager, Amazon Web Services; MINMIN YANG, Principal UX Lead, Amazon Web Services; WAHAB OWOLABI, Founder, OneReq; Diversity Business Partner, Facebook; SHARMEEN CHAPP, Vice President of Product & Engineering, Twitch Community; EJ EMEAGWALI, Product Manager, Samsara; former Product Manager, Google and Microsoft; STEPHANIE NEILL, Senior Director of Product, Twitch Commerce; GEORGE ELISSAOIS, General Manager & Director of Product Management, Amazon Web Services; NANCY RILEY, Vice President & General Manager of the Ecosystem Product Group, Hubspot, and SABRINA FARMER, Vice President of Engineering for Site Reliability, Google Products....

MS
Mar 9, 2021

Excellent! I learned more in about the technical topics in this course than I've learned in several courses covering Computer Science, SEO, Web Development, Data Analytics and more. Thank-you!

TH
Jan 12, 2021

This course was challenging but that's exactly why this Specialization is amazing - they really prepare you to become the next Product Manager!!

1 - 25 of 27 Reviews for The Art & Science of Product Management

By RN

Dec 21, 2020

I appreciated the technical information provided in this course. The content covered a wide range of topics but was simplified and was easy to comprehend. I also appreciated the optional curated list of coding problems to solve. I learned a lot from the Peer-graded assignments and enjoyed the interviews with various product leaders in the industry.

By Vera T

Jan 29, 2021

I got Product Management certification by finishing Real-World Product Management Specialization that was prepared and lead by Nancy Wang, a Head of Product at Amazon (AWS), who also was a Product Manager at Google and is a CEO and Founder of Advancing Women in Product (AWIP). Nancy shares her knowledge gained throughout her career in those extremely successful companies.

The specialization is a combo of 4 courses to learn product management from different perspectives: customer obsession, market sizing, competitive analyses, success metrics (like KPIs, OKRs, North Stars, A/B/n tests, NPS, CSAT, CES, cohort analyses, LTV, pricing, and financials), etc.

The big advantage of this course is it helps you to create your own portfolio through studying all 4 courses by developing your own product using real-life PM tasks during product management lifecycle from inception till launch. Each task takes about an hour. This work is peer-reviewed and you get real feedback. Even though it is quite time-consuming to do those practical assignments and peer review assignments of other students, it helps to get practical knowledge and learn things by doing, which is especially extremely important for folks who want a transition to a PM role and have no real experience yet.

Another advantage is that you get trained using real PM interview questions. Nancy shares questions from giants like Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft and helps to master their Behavioral, Product Design, Strategy, Estimation, and Technical interview questions.

Also, it was super useful to listen to interviews and panels that Nancy did with successful senior Product Managers and Leaders in Product where they shared their experience, insights, and tips for PM career, things they are looking for in PM candidates.

On top of that Nancy shares great sources for networking to advance your career as a Product Manager.

I highly recommend every Product Manager to take this up!!

Thank you to Nancy Wang and the rest of #AWIP for putting this course together!

I learned so much that I am excited to take into my current and future roles.

By Alix C

Jul 6, 2021

Great to have an overview of the technical aspects of PM. While I come from a technical background and am familiar with some of the topics, I don't come from a strict CS degree so learning what parts I may need to study up on more and have them introduced is invaluable. I always enjoy the guest interviews to learn more about how other roles overlap with PM and what's beneficial or not in cultivating those relationships.

By Jayakumar K

Jun 3, 2021

Compared to the previous two courses this sounded like music to me (just kidding, because I come from engineering background). Both sounded like music and this section was more familiar to me. Not to say I knew everything, I did learn all the differences that were shared like SQL vs NoSQL, REST vs GraphQL etc..

By Tuomas A

Jul 22, 2021

G​ood continuation to the previous courses. You will get a good view of the content covered in this course and links to find more information to deep dive in subjects such as ML, algorithms and data structures.

I​t's good to reserve some extra time for the third week if you don't have a software background.

By R L

Feb 4, 2021

Very helpful course with practical lectures on backend and frontend development that product managers might be asked about in interviews. The lectures are very surface level (they cover a lot in a short amount of time) so I found I often needed to go back and re-watch the lectures in this course.

By Lorenz M

Mar 20, 2021

Amazing course in this series, probably my favorite one of the series. It went into more depth into aspects and areas of Product Management and had relevant exercises. Loved the AI assignment, and PM a Web and Mobile front-end exercise.

By Christopher T

Apr 10, 2021

Like the other AWIT courses, the content is really stellar. Interviews with very relevant industry leaders, practical skills and knowledge, etc. Recommended for anyone interested in product management.

By Mary S

Mar 10, 2021

By Cheikh S N

Jan 15, 2021

Great course with introduction to really challenging and practical concept and great interview preparation. It is also a really tough class so make sure you have your motivation high.

By Tisa H

Jan 13, 2021

By Gordon

Sep 15, 2020

This is the type of technical knowledge that many PMs have trouble with! Amazing how it's presented so clearly in this course.

By Erica H

Feb 24, 2021

This course has a lot of technical information but it's presented in a clear way and very interesting to learn.

By CIRIELLO V

Jun 22, 2021

Fantastic course! Ai for product management and pm technical aspects appasionate me a lot

By Vanessa K

Mar 23, 2021

Learned a lot of really practical things that I can take back to my current job.

By Bahadir K

Oct 1, 2020

Amazing structure and wonderful knowledges to gain from Nancy.

By Ahmed A

Jul 16, 2021

Very helpful to get a high level overview into CS components.

By Skyers 5

Jul 11, 2021

Q&As with Industry Leaders are fantastic !

By anil p s

Jan 22, 2021

Awesome!

By Ana C R P F

Jul 2, 2021

T​he course was mainly great, with very well elaborated materials. Though the last week was too technically specific and the classes were too fast, generic and with poor examples for non-technical PM's. It was quite confusing, actually.

By Apple G

Apr 24, 2021

I like the course a lot. It would have been better if the mock interviews in the "Acing the Product Management Interview" were a bit more strong. Other than that all the other courses are really good.

By Lavanya Y

Jul 14, 2021

I personally found the technical section tough since it took me to the fundamentals that I learnt years back , however it was refreshing to recall and relearn those again. As always loved the experiences and tips shared by experts , especially the Panel discussions.

3 rating is because I am not confident if my answers for the tech questions were actually read through and corrected because the assessment was almost instantaneous , are we using AI here ? if yes , I am super impressed.

Another reason for 3 , is my payment failed in mid and I had to reenrol , which I think has put me out of the previous batch and now I do not have assignments to review and my assignments are having a date that is almost a month away for grading.

By Darian C

Jul 2, 2021

Content: Great

Poor: the grading structure for the class. I completed my assignments over a week ago, however, I can't receive my cert because no one has reviewed my assignment and there are no assignments for me to review.

-The point of online courses is to facilitate learning on the students time. But this class you are often waiting and hoping that another student reviews your assignment and submit a assignment for you to review.

By Kierra A

Apr 6, 2021

As someone who has never taken a computer science course, I found this class very challenging. I could tell that the professor was trying to make the subjects accessible, but it wasn't clicking. If you are interested in becoming a technical PM, then this course would be very helpful. If you're someone looking to get into a general, entry level PM position, possibly consider skipping this course of the series.

By Prathamesh P

Jun 9, 2021

T​hird week was rushed. Could've used a more basic background session for non-CSE learners. Everythnig else was great !