Back to Political Economy of Institutions and Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Political Economy of Institutions and Development by Universiteit Leiden

This course is part of the SDG initiative <http://www.sdginitiative.org/> addressing the UN Sustainable Development Goals, specifically for the following SDGs [1, 8, 10 and 16]. We hope you will join in our efforts to reach the SDG’s in small but measurable and actionable ways, cooperating with Development Done Differently. Expand your impact. You can create a better world. In today’s world, politics and economics are interconnected, but what is the nature of this connectivity? What are the power relationships that shape the world economy today and create new challenges for international institutions facing globalization? What makes some countries wealthier than others? Do we face cultural diversity or fragmentation? Does the type of governance effect economic development and social change or is it the other way around? How do we measure it and how trustworthy is the data? These issues and many more will be examined in this course along with a wide library of sources and a biting criticism....

HT

Jan 17, 2018

It was really an amazing course. I like Prof Griffith's approach and his diligence. I have learnt a lot and the course helped me to sharpen my understanding about political economy. Thanks a lot.

HL

Oct 17, 2017

It was very engaging with an appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative. I particularly enjoyed the walk through the great thinkers at week 11.

1 - 25 of 35 Reviews for Political Economy of Institutions and Development

By Ikedinachi O

Sep 05, 2018

This course was very interesting and useful to the understanding of the social and economic systems and the global development process.

By Albertus S

Nov 18, 2018

Very good for an introduction into political economy and its relationship to development. The critical perspective that is taken is also really good for encouraging students to think and question for themselves. I would definitely recommend this course

By stefano r

Mar 16, 2019

A great learning experience from thematic maps, to economics and social culture isseues, lead by Prof. Thomas Griffiths. I suggest to everyone to attend this course, able to enrich our mind with new tools and better understand the world with a more comphrensive perspective.

By Nam

Dec 30, 2018

Professor Griffin is an amazing lecturer, and knows how to use simple language to break down diverse and intersecting topics into digestible chunks. His own point-of-view, experience, and personal anecdotes add lots of spice to the lectures. There is a good combination of conventional and critical analysis offered to keep the students engaged.

By Prosper W A

Nov 16, 2018

The professor taught the class in simplicity but insightful so much so that even non-politically or non-economically inclined participant could grasp the course in it totality with ease. Great job professor!!! I learned so much in the short span of the course than I have learned in my entire life in both politics and economics..

By Ahmed S E

Oct 13, 2018

It benefited from the course and the flexibility in the timing of exams

Thanks a lot

By Salvador M H

Aug 17, 2018

Excellent content!! Great tutors!

By sixtus u o

Nov 05, 2018

A very rich knowledge and great experience gained, now i feel more confident to talk about Governance and Economic Development especially in an ethnic diverse society like Nigeria. Thank You very much.

By Andrew P

Jul 13, 2018

Fantastic adaptation of the material to an online classroom. Gives an expansive and critical view of the institutions, policies, and environments guiding our world today. The professor was candid and gave accurate analysis of contemporary issues, while keeping the material light and interesting. Would recommend to others!

By Henok G T

Jan 17, 2018

By Dalia M

Dec 24, 2016

outstanding course

By Prohnițchi V

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent course, delivered in a compelling manner

By Antoniadi K

Nov 12, 2017

Simply presented and at the same time so informative! You don't have to be an expert to understand. I would definitely recommend it. Thank you for this course Mr.Griffiths and Leiden Universiteit :) .

By Leyla R

Feb 07, 2018

AMAZING!

By Chick E

Mar 20, 2018

great course for modern day economy

By Marco G

Jun 04, 2018

Really interesting course

By Juan S R R

Dec 12, 2017

The course is good although, definitely need to be update because the information provided in it is out of date.

By Jenny N I J

Mar 03, 2018

Excellent introduction to political economy of institutions and development! I earned my master degree in international devleopment 10 years ago. This not only provided me with refresher but also broadened my perspectives about how the global insitutions were constructed and what new challenges we are facing today. I like all the video lectures - all well done and throught out. I also learnt a lot from peers through the small discussions. Thank you so much for organising the course!

By chengwei

Jan 01, 2018

very excellent course

By Lauren F L

Jun 02, 2017

Great insights form an engaging professor

By Sultan A S

Jun 11, 2018

Exceptional course

By Hannah L

Oct 17, 2017

By Margarito Z

Apr 01, 2019

Muchísimas gracias a todos los que hicieron posible este maravilloso curso de excelencia, es un honor y una gran satisfacción aprender de esta manera. Mil gracias.

By Jameson D

Jun 10, 2019

it's very good

By Yasmeen

Jun 22, 2019

The course was very informative. Topics and research all added lot of knowledge to this title.