Back to Process Data from Dirty to Clean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Process Data from Dirty to Clean by Google

This is the fourth course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. In this course, you’ll continue to build your understanding of data analytics and the concepts and tools that data analysts use in their work. You’ll learn how to check and clean your data using spreadsheets and SQL as well as how to verify and report your data cleaning results. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following: - Learn how to check for data integrity. - Discover data cleaning techniques using spreadsheets. - Develop basic SQL queries for use on databases. - Apply basic SQL functions for cleaning and transforming data. - Gain an understanding of how to verify the results of cleaning data. - Explore the elements and importance of data cleaning reports....

VR
Apr 24, 2021

Google makes great professional certifications. All the classes so far have been fantastic but getting our hands dirty with the data was fun and challenging. Look forward to completing this series.

KA
May 17, 2021

Sally was a wonderful instructor. Her enthusiasm for data analysis was apparent and helped to keep me motivated in continuing on in my journey. Her videos were very clear and easy to understand.

1 - 25 of 315 Reviews for Process Data from Dirty to Clean

By Senaka S

Apr 2, 2021

The instructor was the best. She was very clear and engaging. I enjoyed this module so much. I look forward to the start of a new career thanks to her great attitude.

By Pouya T

Apr 7, 2021

I expected more SQL coding assignments and projects from this course.

By Kevin A

May 18, 2021

By John G

Apr 6, 2021

This is the first Google course where I cannot give five stars. The teacher is fine and enthusiastic. Her reading skills are acceptable. She is confident enough and credible, at least in my opinion. The content of the course seemed fine and I really did learn some things both in spreadsheets and SQL (of course I was just a beginner in it). The reason for the four stars is that sometimes the BigQuery didn't work (See Discussion for Week 3). In addition, why should we use our accounts when there is QwikLabs? Secondly, the questions asked in the videos aren't challenging enough and the skills needed to answer them using SQL are always the same. That is, they don't follow the actual content of the videos and need just the knowledge from Week 1. Otherwise, for beginners, I think the course was fine.

By Yan X

Apr 4, 2021

Overall, I think it is a great course to provide an overview of the data cleaning process. I really like the part when you talk about making a changelog which I never thought about before. I think it will be a good practice to main such as log along the journey. Probably the only one thing I wish the course can do better is to have more exercises on those technical skills, such as SQL and spreadsheet. There is just not enough problems for students to practice.

By Mayank G

Jun 25, 2021

This course really put deep into the analytics mode. There is no looking back after finishing this course. Really helped to build the understanding about data and building career out of it.

By Hinna H

Mar 20, 2021

Great instructor, great energy, clear! Lessons were to the point. Learnt a lot. Liked the way the exercises/practice were structured in this course too

By Trias B

Mar 28, 2021

great theory and acceptable practical course,it would be better to have a bit more hands on practical course though

By Sean B

Mar 30, 2021

The course was effective in providing an overview of the data cleaning process.

By Marshall K

Jun 8, 2021

This is a good course. But, more practice exercises are needed. I appreciate the information about resumes but most of that information would be better geared for those new to the workforce or just out of college.

By Jaume A

May 9, 2021

Interesting course although I think module about resumee/CV could be categorized as "optional" and/or even be removed out of this module to be a module itself

By LOVEPREET S

Jun 22, 2021

This course should be renamed to introduction to SQL and spreadsheets instead of Data Cleaning. This course is totally theory with very less hand-ons. I would recommend this course to someone who has no prior experience with Computer Science. This is literally below the CS101 class. I am sorry to say but I feel like I wasted my three month in this all certification courses, just for the curiosity of learning data cleaning skills which will indirectly help in Data Science course.

By Peter S

Apr 4, 2021

The course covers a lot of very relevant data analysis related information. It provides great references for the application of these skills to data analysis projects. It provides the tools to solve these problems, but also, it gets you thinking about solving problems as they relate to particular business scenarios.

By Abdelrhman M

Jun 5, 2021

The instructor was fantastic, her passion, her excitement, her easy way of delivering the information was great, she had done a great job, actually I got %100 in the five exams which is the first time, she might be the best instructor I had so far and not only for the Data analytics, if applicable thank her for me.

By dax

Apr 4, 2021

One question on the final asks for a function that all allows you to divide a text string around a specific character. The answer is SPLIT but that is not a function in Excel. To do this you would use text to columns in Excel. Maybe is works in Sheets but I didn't check.

By Alexander T M

Jun 4, 2021

I totally enjoyed this course. It was is very practical and applicable in my line of work. I am already using the learnings in my day job. The instructor was just great, I could not wait to see what she had to deliver next after each session.. .Great Job!!

By Alain M

May 25, 2021

All the courses were great but this one is the one I enjoyed the most by far. Sally is an amazing teacher and we can feel her passion and eagerness to share her knowledge, which makes us want to give very best of ourselves.

By Matthew B

Mar 25, 2021

The labs were more informative in this course than the earlier courses in the certification series. I appreciated being able to practice the skills that we were learning about a little bit more through them.

By Antony J

May 30, 2021

E​xcellent course. I enjoyed working through the BigQuery examples alongside the instructor. The career section was useful and it's worth spending time watching the Kaggle conference videos.

By Rosana S

Mar 28, 2021

Gratitude for learning about how to improve my resume. Loved data cleaning but never dreamed of hearing and reading the concepts about job search in such an empathetic way!

By Naman J

Mar 24, 2021

Each and every concept related to dirty data, Data integrity, Data Cleaning etc.. Are explained in a nice way with awesome analogies.... Loved it...

By Omkar S

Mar 23, 2021

Great material and great quality of explanation on excel and SQL functions.

By EZZADDEEN M

Mar 16, 2021

Learned a lot of solid important concepts which help in real-life work.

By Xinyu Z ( - A

Mar 23, 2021

Those techniques are quite useful and easy to understand.

By Juan C J T

Jun 2, 2021

I love the teacher and her expressions. Excelent course!