Back to Python Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Basics by University of Michigan

This course introduces the basics of Python 3, including conditional execution and iteration as control structures, and strings and lists as data structures. You'll program an on-screen Turtle to draw pretty pictures. You'll also learn to draw reference diagrams as a way to reason about program executions, which will help to build up your debugging skills. The course has no prerequisites. It will cover Chapters 1-9 of the textbook "Fundamentals of Python Programming," which is the accompanying text (optional and free) for this course. The course is for you if you're a newcomer to Python programming, if you need a refresher on Python basics, or if you may have had some exposure to Python programming but want a more in-depth exposition and vocabulary for describing and reasoning about programs. This is the first of five courses in the Python 3 Programming Specialization....

DK
Dec 7, 2020

The course was very comprehensive and easy to understand. The instructors made sure that they are giving the information in a way that won't make me confused. Thank you so much for this great course!

NR
Oct 17, 2019

It's a must join course for the people who want to deep dive into the world of Python. I really loving this course very much. I wanna explore more hence opting for other parts of this specialization.

251 - 275 of 2,671 Reviews for Python Basics

By Mohammad J K

Jun 8, 2020

The course is organised in a systematic manner which helps understand the contents step my step helping learn and understand better. Recommended to everyone seeking to learn the fundamentals of python with little or no programming knowledge.

By Sadia R

May 13, 2020

My first ever course i have done in coursera and it made me more confident about learning and applying new things in life.I can't wait to solve more new things in future through the basics. Let's hope for the best and thanks for this course.

By MOHAMMAD S S V K S

Sep 12, 2019

it helped me a lot understanding and working of python Rume stone interrupter software a lot .I started to how to visualize the code using code lens all the time and I am very grateful in helping me to code to become a good programmer

By Mohamed Y A A

Feb 24, 2020

Many thanks for all Doctors who provide this course it was amazing and helpful, thanks for peers in forum I learned from them too much, thanks for Tianning for answering our questions and give the support all the period of the course.

By Raul

Jan 12, 2020

Great introduction into the world of python. I certainly recommend doing all the exercises at the end of the chapters. As practice in the very beginning is vital. 2-3 hours a day will have you knowing leagues more than you did before.

By Srivatsan N

Aug 4, 2019

Great fundamental course for programming in python. Absolutely loved the runestone framework , codelens and the teaching methodology. I am incredibly grateful to all the lecturers and the TA's for this awesome course. Thank you guys.

By Alejandro M

Mar 19, 2020

This course was the best introduction I ahve taken into programming and with python was very easy to understand the concepts. The runestone was a great tool for putting the theory in practice. Very satisfied with what I've learned.

By Elham A

Aug 26, 2019

University of Michigan, School of Information's courses are always the best. I love the pace of this course, it gave me the opportunity to review my learnings from "python for everybody" and reinforce them. Thank you all very much.

By Nguyen T N M

Sep 12, 2020

The course is truly Python for everyone. It is a very good starting point for a person who has no experience with Python. All of the materials, exercises and demonstration examples are prepared in a clear and comprehensive manner.

By Bavan M Y

Oct 17, 2020

if ur looking for python course,this is the right place for you. I started this course as a guy with 0 knowledge and now i know some part of python 100%.i finished my first part of specialization

and excited to start the next one

By RMILI O

Aug 7, 2020

I highly recommend this course to those who want to enter the world of programming and who are going to start from scratch and also the teachers are well qualified which helps you not only to learn python but also to admire it !

By SREENIVASULU A

Jul 28, 2020

excellent with Textbook materials, links, videos, detailed explanations with lots of examples and practice guide and assessment. Thank you so much, instructors!! Appreciate all your great work helping others to learn technology.

By Swayam G

Jun 3, 2020

Amazing but you must do two thing to improve your course

Firstly:give only three attempts for each assignment and max of three attempts marks will be graded.

secondly:show grades on the certificate it will make more attractive.

By Mara W

May 10, 2019

This is the best introductory Python 3 programming course I have taken. My confidence in Python programming has increased tremendously since taking this course. I look forward to sitting through the next course in this series.

By Esmerelda M B D M

Aug 11, 2020

Great course! Well structured and I especially love that we get to do lots of coding practice. Thank you Coursera, UM instructors & team for making this course available & accessible remotely, highly recommended for beginners!

By Le G H

Aug 16, 2020

I really like the Runestone environment, it's very useful to read again and practice even though I have a few years of experience. I would be very easy for the beginner to understand how the code run/compute by using CodeLens

By SUMATHI

The explanation of the content, practice questions, assignments,etc are very much interesting and helpful to learn basics of Python 3.6. I thank the course instructors, tutors and coordinators for giving such a clear content.

By Swathi p

Jun 21, 2020

i find this course so useful and it literally starts from the basics which is absolutely 0 % and this single python course can really make u do better in coding. In this course u can learn up to 90% day to day used python

By wwwangxinyi

Mar 6, 2020

It is quite basic for the beginner and easy to move on. I like the turtle graphic part most, partly because of the jokes the professor addressed. I will move on the learn more about coding and python! Thank you, professors!

By Gini J

Dec 29, 2019

Very informative and easy to understand course in Python.Professor Paul and Steve are amazing instructors.It helps to build strong basic concepts of Python and the Assessment are very helpful to check our programming skills

By HECTOR P

Jul 20, 2020

An Excellent introductory course, it's amazing for then who is beginning to program and even if you already know python but have some lacks in some topics, that is also a great opportunity to review and fix your knowledge

By Don C

Apr 24, 2020

The recap practice is good, good to treat examination as the tool for reinforcing the learning rather than just assessment. The content is easy to read.

Document, video, examples and practices makes Python learning easier!

By Lucas L L

Aug 24, 2019

Altamente recomendo para todos que querem aprender Python desde o início com alta qualidade.

Excelente, ótima ferramenta (Runestone), a pronúncia dos professores é muito clara, e as provas ajudam mesmo a fixar o assunto.

By Alexandra K L

May 22, 2020

Thanks for putting together a great course which really takes you over the hill when learning programming. Careful explanations in the videos, really clever interactive textbook with coding embedded and great exercises!

By Divyansh J

Amazing course! Does an excellent job in starting from the basics of python, and building upon it, with resourceful lectures and plenty of practice options . The content and its flow help in forming strong fundamentals.