Back to Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi by University of California, Irvine

The Raspberry Pi uses a variety of input/output devices based on protocols such as HDMI, USB, and Ethernet to communicate with the outside world. In this class you will learn how to use these protocols with other external devices (sensors, motors, GPS, orientation, LCD screens etc.) to get your IoT device to interact with the real world. Most physical devices use analog signals; however computer hardware is digital so in this class you will learn how these signals are converted back-and-forth and how this must be considered as you program your device. The basic design of a sensor-actuator system will also be covered. You will also learn how to build more sophisticated hardware systems using Raspberry Pi expansion boards to create fun and exciting IoT devices. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums....

BS
Sep 2, 2019

The course was pretty interesting and I learnt a lot of new things from this course. I have gained confidence to try something new b myself after completing this course and hope I do so in the future

HG
Feb 5, 2021

Professor Harris has a practical approach to teaching which helped me understand the concepts better and encouraged me to perform different demos and experiments on my own.

226 - 230 of 230 Reviews for Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi

By Damir H

Feb 21, 2016

This course was supposed to be the last one before capstone and what did we learn:

· Nothing about electronic

· Huge amount about networking on very basic level – question is what are people without this knowledge at all doing in IoT course

· How you can tweet from Raspberry Pi (hey, is somebody crazy here)

· Lot of words about camera, few minutes about servo motor and that’s all.

We have to write a web server update which is completely unexplained and no one didn’t do it because no one understood it that way (despite the fact that webserver is webserver and server is server) and during whole course no one update the task definition

There is no discussion board, it was turned off during earlier courses and for me only explanation is that no one from UCI doesn’t care and the certificate for course cost $80-$90.

Very pathetic approach which I can only explain with 2 words: “Easy money”

By Binod

Sep 2, 2017

I enjoyed and learnt a lot after completing this course. Thanks to Mr. Ian G. Harris and management. BUT biggest PROBLEM is there with peer review system. One has completed this course bit earlier, they have to wait till other peer do not review your submitted assignment. And that is NOT good. You have to WAIT AND WASTE your learning time till other person do not review your assignment. Other biggest problem you can NOT jump to any such course where this grade is important to complete. I would like to request to management to review this peer assignment process as I have been waiting to get review my assignment by peers since last 5 days.

By Thomas J

Jan 27, 2016

Coursera changed the rules on access to graded quizzes in the middle of this specialization. The last course in the specialization allowed free access to graded quizzes and homework.

During this course, the "free access" to quizzes and assignments is no longer an option.

Even more annoying is the fact that I also receive email reminding me to "complete the quiz", which would require me to upgrade to a paid enrollment to allow me to submit assignments to grading.

Thanks for nothing, Coursera!

By Joaquín M M

Jan 30, 2016

No me permite hacer los examenes si no pago por ellos previamente.

By KOPPULA D K R