Back to Social Pedagogy across Europe

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Pedagogy across Europe by Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona

Social Pedagogy across Europe is the first Massive Open Online Course focused on social pedagogy – a relationship-centred approach to supporting people’s learning, well-being and social inclusion in ways that promote social justice. The course is structured in eight sessions presented over four weeks – an introductory session, six sessions outlining social pedagogy in different European countries and sharing some innovative practice insights, and a review session to support you in applying your learning. You can undertake the six country sessions in any order you would like. Through this course, we aim to: 1. Give you an insight into how social pedagogy has been developing across Europe, highlighting both the diversity and connections, 2. Highlight the importance of valuing every person as intrinsically ‘rich’, recognising their unique potential and ability to be a valuable member of society, 3. Introduce you to ways in which you can bring this belief to life in everyday interactions and relationships that support people’s learning, nurture their well-being and enable them to feel included in society, 4. Ensure you are familiar with the most fundamental aspects of social pedagogical practice in ways that are applicable in your own personal and professional life. If you are currently working with children, young people, families, community groups, vulnerable adults or older people, then this course will be highly relevant. You will gain a panoramic overview of social pedagogy, which explores the principles and key thematic areas in ways that are practice-relevant and can be easily applied in any educational and care setting....

VT

May 02, 2020

Excellent course - learned so much!!!\n\nI will definitely be putting the theory into practice in my working environment!!

DS

Dec 27, 2019

It is very informative as well as very applied course full of interesting videos. I have learnt a lot!

1 - 14 of 14 Reviews for Social Pedagogy across Europe

By Laurence A

Mar 18, 2019

This is an excellent course and wonderful way to find out more about social pedagogy

By Conor M

Mar 05, 2019

I felt the course so far has helped me gain a greater understanding of social pedagogy

By Anna O

Mar 17, 2019

It is a very comprehensive, well prepared course.

Although I have a reflexion to share. I missed contributions from other countries, for example from Poland. This was a little bit disappointing. Our social pedagogy in Poland is a well established academic discipline with much to offer to this discussion.

My own department at Maria Grzegorzewska University - The Social Pedagogy Department- is a hub of Helena Radlinska's pedagogy and the UNESCO Janusz Korczak Chair I personally Chair is a hub of Janusz Korczak pedagogical heritage. I think that also the patron of our University: Maria Grzegorzewska is a figure of interest for social pedagogues. I would cherish an opportunity to enrich your course content through contribution from Poland,

thank you for having me at this course,

Best regards,

Anna

By Jutta N

Sep 26, 2020

I got a good overview of Social Pedagogy in Europe. It was very interesting to see how Social Pedagogy has developed in the different countries in the last years. I studied in Germany over 30 years ago and it was also a good opportunity for me to see what is happening in the English speaking world as I now live in the UK. Thank you very much for designing the course. Highly recommended.

By Karen C

Aug 09, 2019

Very interesting course, hard keeping up when doing other studies but glad i did. Was interesting learning about the countries ways of working and learning from them. Gave great insight into some that is quite new to myself, but has given me a desire to learn more around this subject.

By Carol B

Jun 02, 2020

This was a comprehensive guide into the history of Social Pedagogy from across Europe. It delivered a range of videos, reading and assignments from across social work and pedagogy in practice. The pace was great, allowing time to reflect and fit around work and life.

By ROBERTO D P L

Sep 18, 2019

I liked to have a wide idea of the social pedagogy status quo in Europe. I've seen lots of interesting projects that I can use once I start my professional career.

By Vikki T

May 02, 2020

Excellent course - learned so much!!!

By Dasha S

Dec 27, 2019

By Paulina K

Jul 15, 2019

Great Course ! Really enjoyed it ! Challenging but great !

By Antonia B

Very eye opening and interesting to get to know

By Roudwan A

Apr 16, 2020

very dood

By Kelley

Feb 22, 2020

Poorly organised and disjointed.

By Modiehi M R