Back to Social Work Practice: Advocating Social Justice and Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Work Practice: Advocating Social Justice and Change by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how social workers in the United States engage in creating change and supporting the resilience of individuals, families and communities in this new era. Learners will have an opportunity to explore the social work profession, the different roles of social workers in a range of settings, the cross cutting themes that guide social work practice, the history of social work, and current challenges. Using a social justice lens, learners will reflect on current challenges facing the lives of individuals, families and communities and examine ways to advocate for needed changes. This course can be taken as a stand-alone learning experience or as part of the "Social Work: Practice, Policy, and Research MasterTrack Certificate Program."...

GB
Dec 21, 2020

A great opportunity to learn and relearn from this course. Thank University o Michigan for preparing and presenting this course online to students of all disciplines world wide.

ZH
Mar 23, 2021

This course was very good at teaching a deeper understanding of Social Work. I enjoyed the learning process and the materials were very organized and informative.

1 - 25 of 46 Reviews for Social Work Practice: Advocating Social Justice and Change

By Pako M

Dec 5, 2020

Its a great course that gives insight into what is really happening in the field of social work. I like that those who are far off into the field share their experiences and how they continue to deal with issues in their work.

By Kimberly L J H

Sep 22, 2020

Very Awesome Course, I love it! Thank You University of Michigan. :)

By Matilda J

Sep 10, 2020

It was enlightening and educative

By Nawaf A

Feb 7, 2021

I really enjoyed the course! I sincerely hope this course has a sequel where the instructors can give both intermediate and advanced level curriculum which involves mathematics used in social work, as well as economics, public policy, debating skills, and research methodologies. Other than that, I liked the course. Well done!

By Brittany L B

Jan 3, 2021

I am so pleased with this introductory course, and the availability of the knowledge and tools given by the University of Michigan. I wanted to take this course to see if this could be a potential career change for me, and I can say this really empowered me and strengthened my drive to help others in the way I have always felt the need to, but now I have added confidence and a knowing that this is definitely where I see my future to moving towards. Thank you so much for this opportunity and offering access to this type of education for all types of people.

By Tatiana F

Jun 21, 2021

I thank Coursera and the University of Michigan for the great opportunity to learn from this course and for preparing and presenting this course online to students of all worldwide. A great introductory course covering a wide range of topics. The materials are very organized and informative. The videos are engaging and the modules build on each other logically and are easy to follow. I appreciated being able to reset deadlines and work at my own pace. I am really pleased with this course.

By Hector G

May 20, 2021

My Social Work Practice Advocating Social Justice and Change course was great! I learned so much about the different Social Work framework models and focuses that this wonderful field of Social Science, has to offer. I’m presently considering taking the flex and fast track for the Masters Certification in order to become more marketable within six months period. Am very excited about the core classes and the professors as well. Excellent school of Social Work.

By Belgin D

Oct 12, 2020

Thank you. These lectures are so inspiring and thought-provoking. Awareness of social justice and diversity are so important for understanding this era and of course history. Everyone must know whats going on in this earth and take responsibility for social change, that fair, equal, including diversity.

By Mamie W

Jan 11, 2021

Excellent class! The content and the instructors provide informative and crucial information to the about advocating and the social changes need in today's society. I definitely would recommend for anyone to take the courses.

By Minerva B

Feb 4, 2021

The course empowered me to go on learning-it is a life on going process.

I am grateful for University of Michigan and Coursera.

This is a positive contribution to our society, continuing education.

Thank you.

Minerva A. Banga

By Denise B

Dec 12, 2020

Excellent content. Great knowledge from experienced speakers about History of Social Work in the USA as long as how challenges for the proffession connect science with policies and programs.

By Ghulam M B

Dec 22, 2020

By Zudina E H

Mar 23, 2021

By Yi T

Feb 3, 2021

The content was well-structured and engaging, and the message was coherent. Love that the discussions prompted a lot of self-reflection!

By Babalwa

Apr 12, 2021

This course was super amazing, i had so much fun and i have learnt a lot, i am really grateful l for this experience.

By Najib a A

Oct 18, 2020

It is a great course and offers a lot of information and discussions with practitioners in the field of social work

By Asha D

Nov 17, 2020

This course was very informative, how the contributions of the past have impacted and shaped today's developments.

By Carmela A

Dec 18, 2020

Was a great experience to learn about the history of social work, and the differents behavior analysis.

By Anthony W

Dec 9, 2020

This is a very informative course that should be undertaken by everyone in humanitarian sector.

By Morgan G

Feb 4, 2021

Very nice course! I learned a lot and it makes me want to continue my education in this field.

By Jessica M

Dec 15, 2020

It was an amazing course! im more excited to continue my journey as social worker !

By Javharat D

Jan 4, 2021

Thank you very much for this course. It was really interesting and useful

By Tyrone C H

Apr 11, 2021

Great information. Loved the videos and reading material!!

By Symshay S

Nov 8, 2020

Great! I was inspired and gained a lot of knowledge.

By Hinda C

Oct 28, 2020

thank you so much guys. this was a gold opportunity.