Back to Becoming a Sports Agent

Becoming a Sports Agent, Case Western Reserve University

About this Course

An immersive experience in the world of sports that will take students through the four stages of a professional athlete's career. Utilizing lectures, guest speakers, reading assignments and hypothetical walkthroughs, students will learn how the best sports agents manage clients at each of these four stages. This course will provide each student with the skills necessary to guide an athlete through the difficult decisions that can make or lose the athlete millions of dollars, as well as affect their public image and career. Walking through the four stages of an athlete's career, we will provide a broad scope of the landscape of amateur and professional sports so that you can avoid the pitfalls and traps that so many have fallen into in the past; not to mention, bringing you updates throughout the course regarding the rapidly changing sports world that we live in today. Analyzing the best practices in the management of the superstar athletes with whom Professor Carfagna, Professor Volante and their expert guests have worked, we will show you how to manage the career of any professional athlete who might seek your guidance at any stage of his or her professional career....

9 Reviews

By Tommy Neeposh

Dec 13, 2018

I loved every minute of this course. I've learned a lot about what I really needed to chase this dream. I love sports & I found what I was looking for. Thank you Coursera & CWR University.

By Marlon Gilbert-Roberts

Jun 18, 2018

Wonderful course of study, with leading experts in the industry

By Darrell Watson

Feb 23, 2018

Very good and very informative!

By Thomas JULIA

Dec 08, 2017

Très instructif

By Douglas Barney

Nov 08, 2017

The only online course for hard to get info about the sport agents field.

By Lyndin D'Penha

Sep 17, 2017

The Course material is great and is delivered in a very professional manner. It has made me aware of the multiple aspects of an athlete that one has to think of and the various qualities that an agent must possess to be effective and provide the best services to his clientele.

By MARCUS VITOR BOMFIM DE ALMEIDA

Jun 30, 2017

Directly, simple and excellent modules and professors! I was really looking for a Sports Agent course online. I found it on this course and I recommend. I would love to take an advanced course on Sports Agent. Thanks for having this course with you Case Western Reserve University!

By Roger Kibasomba

Apr 26, 2017

Great sources of information, prominent guests and speakers, high quality learning. Moderately lenient in course load, assignments, quizzes, and peer-reviews.

By Jaime Saltos