Back to Sustainable Agricultural Land Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Sustainable Agricultural Land Management by University of Florida

This course will cover the agricultural and urban water quality issues in Florida, their bases, land and nutrient management strategies, and the science and policy behind the best management practices (BMPs). Students will learn to evaluate BMP research and analyze its role in determining practices and policies that protect water quality....

VK

Feb 21, 2018

best course yet on sustainable farming practices.\n\nprofessor speaks from experience and lays out the history and current landscape very clearly.. avoiding ideologies, judgement and speculation.

DQ

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you very much for the course and giving me the opportunity of getting more interested in Florida and my research project. It is just the beginning of my research. I will keep working on it.

1 - 25 of 38 Reviews for Sustainable Agricultural Land Management

By Azam K

Nov 04, 2018

i learned more from this course and hope it will be beneficial to improve my Resume and help me to get a job .

By Mohamed D T

Nov 13, 2017

This course give me the real understanding on Managing Agriculture Land. Agricultural Land Management is our biggest problem in West Africa. Farmers here do not know what to do when their land are destroyed due to excess fertilization of crops. I have done studies on Agriculture and even I am a farmer too. But stop since 15 years after the Civil War in Sierra Leone. Experiences I have gained in this course, would surely help me to innovate my West African brother farmers, for them to become self sustained in Agriculture.

Furthermore, this course gives me more ideas on research on Agricultural phenomenons and what is suppose to be done to develop and sustain Agricultural Lands.

By Shreedhar R

May 16, 2020

Undoubtingly, defining agricultural sustainability, as with every other sustainability concept, is a challenging task. Nevertheless, it is a common agreement that agricultural sustainability should at least address the three basic pillars of sustainable development by appraising simultaneously environmental, economic, and social issues related to agricultural practices. However, the sustainability assessment of agricultural practices, in general, can be a very challenging task since it involves many case-specific variables to be taken under consideration .

This course addressed all the issues of Sustainable Agricultural Land management.

By Jaya N

Apr 05, 2020

Excellent course for the young students willing to be the future professionals in the field of Agriculture. Well thought curriculum and articulated by a person with years of experience of teaching, research and extension. The topics covered are useful not only for study but also for the understanding of research, mainly focussed on vegetable production with reference to sandy soils in Florida. I highly recommend this course.

By krishna

Jul 29, 2017

I thank the instructor and his team for putting up together such an informative course. Prior to this, I had almost zero knowledge of Sustainable Agriculture and it's great the way this course has been able to not only enhance my knowledge of the subject but also generate enough curiosity to look elsewhere other than the course content for Sustainable Agriculture Pracitces.

By Anna G

Mar 22, 2020

Very interesting and very well explained. This course provides a thorough and clear overview of sustainable agriculture even for beginners like me. I took the course for my job but unfortunately I didn't have the time to do the project. Thank you very much professor Hochmuth and all the staff.

By Azra T

Dec 16, 2019

Really informative introduction to sustainable agricultural practices. Particularly useful for environmental professionals (such as myself) seeking to gain a more thorough understanding of agricultural practices and how they impact the environment and communities around them.

By Dai Q

Feb 13, 2020

By vamsi k

Feb 21, 2018

best course yet on sustainable farming practices.

By Abdirahim A A

Mar 11, 2019

Coursera indeed has changed my life and empowered me the right skills for a better tomorrow .

i am gratefully appreciate you , for all you have done to bless us

By afaque a

Dec 14, 2019

Best course to understand sustainable agriculture and it gives insight of best mangement practices and methods of soil and nutrients testing .

By OLUFSEN, B

Sep 25, 2016

The professor is an outstanding instructor with an interdisciplinary approach to agribusiness.

Greetings,

ECONOMICDEVELOPER.BJORN@ZOHO.COM

By Mohammed M M

Apr 18, 2020

Thanks for all your efforts to introduce an important and useful information about Sustainable Agriculture and Land Management .

By Pierre P D

The first online course that really met my expectations and help me to understand deeper about sustainable soil management

By Muhammad A H

Oct 28, 2019

Excellent Course for getting professional knowledge on Agricultural land management in a scientific way.

By Dennis J C

Jan 25, 2019

Excellent course to learn about practical ways to manage agriculture in a sustainable way!

By Tue T D

Sep 28, 2017

Really great knowledge, full of news but very simple to be remember and understanding

By Ana D H

Jul 28, 2017

Interesante poder aplicar los conocimientos del curso en problemas de la vida real

By Saiyyeda F

Apr 18, 2020

I learned a lot about land management. The professor's explanation was great.

By Hetti A I T H

the course was interesting and exposed me to the concept of sustainability.

By Oleksandr Z

Mar 18, 2018

Very useful course for everybody involved in agriculture. Strongly recomend

By Untung S

Feb 22, 2018

Great course! with a challenging final project.

By Alfonso M P

Mar 18, 2019

Fantastic course, we want more of that....!

By Rogerio G L d G

Jul 13, 2019

Excelent course. The teacher is very good.

By Tanaka T

Jan 19, 2018

Well structured and fairly challenging.