Back to Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Learners and Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Learners and Learning by Commonwealth Education Trust

The Foundations of Teaching for Learning programme is for anyone who is teaching, or who would like to teach, in any subject and any context - be it at school, at home or in the workplace. With dynamic lessons taught by established and respected professionals from across the Commonwealth, this eight course programme will see you develop and strengthen your skills in teaching, professionalism, assessment, and more. As you carry on through the programme, you will find yourself strengthening not only your skills, but your connection with colleagues across the globe. A professional development opportunity not to be missed. The teacher’s work becomes meaningful when it is informed by research and theories of learning, and their relationship to actual practice. This course provides an opportunity for you to identify and understand students’ expectations and prior learning. Enhance your course by joining the Commonwealth teaching community on our website, Facebook and Twitter....

OG
Aug 9, 2020

This course has opened me up to the concept of learning. The game analogy by David Perkins is just brilliant. I can never forget that. Thank you Professor John MacBeath and Dr. George Oduru

VV
Jan 18, 2021

Thank You Prof George Oduro for your deliberations on different aspects of teaching and how to deal with learners by empowering them with self efficacy and building confidencein them.

26 - 50 of 53 Reviews for Foundations of Teaching for Learning: Learners and Learning

By MD I A T

Jan 16, 2019

I have learned a lot from these courses. A must for all teacher.

By maimoona k p

Jun 11, 2020

i am not getting certificate even though i completed the course

By Iona F

Sep 6, 2016

Good themes which brightened my way of learning to teach

By Gular İ

Jul 28, 2019

I leant more information from this course, thanks

By anisha b

Feb 18, 2019

amazing course very wide topic coverage .

By VIJAY P S

Jul 6, 2020

Good course for young teachers.

By Ashok G I

By Aziz T

Aug 22, 2020

nice

By Manikanta C

Thank you for such a lovely course provided by Commonwealth Education Trust. I have learnt a lot from this course. However, I would like to mention that when these courses are meant to be for international level students, standardizing the pronunciation will help every body (especially south Asian Students) and would be able to follow what the instructor is trying to say easily.

I think the content is great!

By Donna S

Jul 12, 2020

the course is interesting. it would be nice if a question comes up to be able to reach the professors. it would be most beneficial if some of the slides gave more time to read everything on the slide, i.e. an extra minute

By Busisiwe M

Apr 15, 2019

I believe that we need great thinkers in the education system in order to change our perspective about learning and how to transform students into independent thinkers.

By Andres G D

Feb 8, 2017

Interesting topics that provide participants opportunities to reflect on the way they teach and how they can make their students the center of a class.

By Jhonatan J A E

Apr 17, 2016

During the lectures not all the slides were well revised and the peer assessments should include more specific guides.

By Marilyn P

Apr 15, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I had a small issue with the sound of the video clips. I wasn't able to hear clearly.

By Emeka O

Feb 17, 2021

Learning on coursera is awesome. Kudos to the team. Keep up the good work.

By Diana B F (

May 19, 2019

A great overview of teaching in a global world.

By Mark M

Jun 25, 2016

The African perspective was very interesting.