Back to Trademark Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Trademark Law by University of Pennsylvania

The protections afforded under trademark law have created incredible value in intangible assets, with the value of the world’s most valuable brands such as Amazon, Apple and Google each exceeding $100 billion. But what exactly is trademark law, and how is such enormous value created? This course examines the fundamentals of U.S. trademark law and the ways in which the manufacturers of various products and services can establish and protect their identities and the identities of their products in the marketplace. We will explore the purpose of trademark law, identify the different types of trademarks, including names, designs, logos, and trade dress, and explore strategies for choosing and protecting strong, potentially valuable trademarks. We will also discuss strategies for strengthening descriptive marks, and lay out the steps for filing for federal trademark protection. Finally, we will address how to design an ongoing maintenance strategy to protect, extend, and maximize the value of trademarks, and discuss strategies for responding to possible trademark infringement....

RM

Aug 29, 2019

The teaching is exceptionally good. I am not a law student but understood it well. The content presentation of the trademark law course is really fantastic and should be appreciated well.

CH

Jul 17, 2019

Excellently delivered by our instructor. I learned a lot and gained a deeper understanding in Trademark Law which is important in my present role.

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Trademark Law

By Samuel L

Sep 09, 2019

A practical, must-take course for potential and current business owners. This trademark law class was concise and riddled with practical tips, offering a solid foundation to better think about trademark strategy.

By Ranjeet S M

Aug 29, 2019

By Emma V

Nov 01, 2019

This course is very well structured, understandable and well documented.

I am a master's student in Paris and I am delighted to improve my knowledge of law and English.

By CHRISTOPHER E H

Jul 17, 2019

By Ajeeth A

Jan 20, 2020

Great course and introduction to Trademark Law! Highly recommend to others seeking an introduction to the field.

By José E C P

Dec 07, 2019

Excellent course, well-explained, I highly recommend it!

By Mukhtar K

Jan 12, 2020

perfect

By EVA F

Feb 27, 2020

I found the materials to be easy to understand. I appreciated the multiple ways information was passed. I enjoyed the final. I found it to bring the entire curriculum together for me. I would recommend this course to anyone in business and marketing wanting to understand trademark strategies.

By Nathalia A M H

Apr 09, 2020

Amazing course! The explanation of the subjects is really engaging so you are not distracted and the additional information helps you to understand better the videos.

By MALIK I A

Mar 01, 2020

It was a mindful course to explore the knowledge for the protection of the right involving trade.

By Dajun X