Back to Trauma Emergencies and Care

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Trauma Emergencies and Care by University of Colorado System

Welcome to Trauma Emergencies and Care. In this course, you will learn about some of the mechanics and physics of trauma on the human body, and how this can cause injury. You will continue to expand your new vocabulary with medical terminology, and learn how to describe the different injuries you may see. You will also learn about the trauma system itself- and when it is important to transport patients to a trauma center. Then we will dive into specific injuries based on what part of the body may be injured- or trauma by system. There are different considerations in the trauma patients depending on both how, and where, they are injured. And of course- you will learn your standard approach to a history and physical exam of the trauma patient. Finally, you will learn about something that you hope to never encounter: mass casualty incidents, or MCI’s. These are occurrences where you may have multiple patients, and there is an organized and specific approach as a provider in these circumstances....

RG

May 08, 2019

I found this course very interesting and very knowledgeable in this subject which in turn benefit my studies to the maXium.

GL

Feb 29, 2020

Excellent course, that is well presented and taught. The background material is very relevant and useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Trauma Emergencies and Care

By Duru C O

Feb 17, 2019

My journey through this course was a wonderful one. I have been able to add a lot to what i know already as regards emergency situation and intervention to it. mostly as it concerns trauma. My thanks goes to the tutors and the organizers of this course. Thanks and God bless you all.

By Geoffrey L L

Feb 29, 2020

By David L M I

Apr 21, 2019

Muito interessante, achei difícil, tem mesmo de se estudar e estar com atenção aos videos. Recomendo 100%

By Jennifer G

Mar 20, 2019

Interesting course and cases to think about.

By LAKER P

Oct 16, 2019

I am very thankful to the University of Colorado for the coursera online courses and the financial aid offered. I was able to complete my course and received my certificate. I would wish to do a degree course. Thank you once again for the grate support.

By Greg S

Jun 01, 2019

Great presentations, but some of the test questions seem open to interpretation. It would be good if there was some way to understand what the right answers are without compromising the integrity of the test.

By Luis R H S O

Oct 05, 2019

Really good i´ve learned a lot of attention in any accident case. In fact once i had a bicycle accident could apply some knowledge from here. Easy way to understand and easy way of learning english.

By Subekshya P

Feb 10, 2020

Being an emergency nurse, I found trauma emergency course is highly effective and useful for me. Thanks!

By juan f r m

Mar 02, 2020

excelente curso uno de los mejores que he realizado

By Paul I

Oct 04, 2019

The course was well covered and executed .

By Michael O