Back to Validity and Bias in Epidemiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Validity and Bias in Epidemiology by Imperial College London

Epidemiological studies can provide valuable insights about the frequency of a disease, its potential causes and the effectiveness of available treatments. Selecting an appropriate study design can take you a long way when trying to answer such a question. However, this is by no means enough. A study can yield biased results for many different reasons. This course offers an introduction to some of these factors and provides guidance on how to deal with bias in epidemiological research. In this course you will learn about the main types of bias and what effect they might have on your study findings. You will then focus on the concept of confounding and you will explore various methods to identify and control for confounding in different study designs. In the last module of this course we will discuss the phenomenon of effect modification, which is key to understanding and interpreting study results. We will finish the course with a broader discussion of causality in epidemiology and we will highlight how you can utilise all the tools that you have learnt to decide whether your findings indicate a true association and if this can be considered causal....

DA

Jul 03, 2019

This course my favourite out of the 3 within the Epidemiology Specialisation.

HH

Aug 29, 2019

Cobrehesive, Illustrated in an easy not complicated approach, I enjoyed it

1 - 15 of 15 Reviews for Validity and Bias in Epidemiology

Jul 03, 2019

This course my favourite out of the 3 within the Epidemiology Specialisation.

By Jose L V V

Dec 16, 2019

It is a good course about validity and bias

By Deusdenir d S M

Sep 07, 2019

Excellent. Bias, Confounding and Effect modifier are important issues to consider in a research. I indicate for all professionals to learn because is crucial to select scientific studies with confidence grade and as well do researchers more accurate.

By Allen T

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent series of courses. From discussing the types of studies, to evaluating the validity and bias in studies. Very pleased with the instructors. They explained everything very well. I liked the exercises that we did to cement the knowled

By Maksym P

Mar 29, 2020

The course simple and clear provides efficient training for some aspects of statistics (esp confounding). Only what was little cons - I waited several days for peers' homework uploading, to review them. Overall - I recommend the course.

By Anushka K

May 15, 2020

Overall great study experience! I would recommend this course to my fellow classmates.

A big shoutout to the Imperial College London team for making this specialization informative and valuable indeed.

By Drahomira.Holmann

Apr 30, 2020

The course was quite hard for me and challenging, but very useful. It covers all necessary topics, the presentation was understandeble with many examples.

By Bruno A M P B

Mar 18, 2019

Excellent concise course on the fundamental aspects of epidemiology related to validity, bias, confounding and effect modification.

By hala

Aug 29, 2019

Cobrehesive, Illustrated in an easy not complicated approach, I enjoyed it

By Fatimah A

Apr 07, 2020

very helpful courses, presented in a very simplified and concise way

By Diego S

May 16, 2020

I learned what I expected and needed. Thank you very much!

By Dhasarathi. K

Sep 29, 2019

Thank you a lot for providing the greatest opportunity.

By Areej M T

Apr 15, 2020

Amazing course with amazing instructions

By Fernando R U G

May 21, 2019

Excellent course, very complete.

By Ranjeet S M