Back to Share Data Through the Art of Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Share Data Through the Art of Visualization by Google

This is the sixth course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. You’ll learn how to visualize and present your data findings as you complete the data analysis process. This course will show you how data visualizations, such as visual dashboards, can help bring your data to life. You’ll also explore Tableau, a data visualization platform that will help you create effective visualizations for your presentations. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources. Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary. By the end of this course, you will: - Examine the importance of data visualization. - Learn how to form a compelling narrative through data stories. - Gain an understanding of how to use Tableau to create dashboards and dashboard filters. - Discover how to use Tableau to create effective visualizations. - Explore the principles and practices involved with effective presentations. - Learn how to consider potential limitations associated with the data in your presentations. - Understand how to apply best practices to a Q&A with your audience....

AK
Jul 24, 2021

I enjoyed the course, and learned many tips to improve my approach to creating presentations, how content should be added to slides, and how to improve presentation skills. Thank you!

MC
May 3, 2021

All teachers are extremely clear, and curriculum is perfectly paced to teach students most effectively. Would recommend to anyone entering the field or learning new skills.

1 - 25 of 205 Reviews for Share Data Through the Art of Visualization

By vivek k

May 3, 2021

the course is more like Soft Skills Class and less like visualisation class. Theory part is unnecessarily long and practical is too short

By Vince C

May 26, 2021

This course was absolute torture. So much for keeping the audience engaged while telling a compelling story. While courses 2-3-4-5 kept the theory and the tool learning parallel, the designer of this course chose to go for endless rants, with minimum tool training. It's like they did everything possible to NOT show you how to use Tableau. There was only one thorough practical exercise with Tableau; everything else was a never ending succession of videos about art theory. This course should be completely redesigned, and start on week 1 with how to use Tableau, and drop your "McCandless Method" wisdom pearls here and there. The quizzes were horribly hard and served no purpose.

By Nauan S

Apr 7, 2021

More Tableau exercises will be a good fix for the course

By Ankush V C

May 26, 2021

I am very interested to learn data analyst , this is course is organized by GOOGLE that why enrolled but I think they Don't know how to teach.

Let me to explain

1.They are providing video content and text content ,Somewhere they explained in videos very Deeply and in some PRACTICAL videos they skipped steps.

2.Now a days VIDEOS are best And Very easy to learn But they explaining 10% of content in videos and remaining 90% 0f course they are giving text note And MORE LINKS which is very difficult.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS COURSE .

I AM USING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND UDEMY COURSES.

By Kaiden N

May 12, 2021

The Google docs/spreadsheets for the project are all locked. I do not have access to them. I have reported the problem numerous times. It has yet to be fixed nor have I received a response.

By Rosana S

Apr 11, 2021

So far this was the most challenging module due to the developed themes.

Extremely well craft material leading the apprentice to think and review concepts.

I am just a litlle dissapointed because I expected a lot more Tableau practices, including metrics dashboards with real-time updating.

Another point is that McCandendless method is galactic and there are some questions in the tests about it. Altough couldn´t find the answers when I reviewied therory.

This module is very theorical. For that reason I recommend being strongly focused when studying terms and concepts explained during videos and readings in order to obtain better final results. And in this specific module I suggest to be detail-oriented! 8:-)

By Katie H

May 16, 2021

Honestly, I did not enjoy this course at all and found myself rushing through most of the content. Overall, it was too long-winded and many points were repetitive. I was expecting more tutorials on creating different types of visuals on Tableau and less on presentation skills.

By mbugra k

May 12, 2021

To much less Tableau instruction. The people who are taking the course already know how to prepare a presentation, I suppose.

By Dario S

Apr 20, 2021

Didn't like it. Too many slides and way too many words/vidz for 4/5 simple concepts.

By L T

Apr 5, 2021

A lot of the information about presenting was common sense, but the biggest flaw was the Tableau exercise in Week 3. Tableau Public would not open the .ymb file, so I was unable to complete the exercise. Google needs to update this with a new project that Tableau Public will open. I feel like I missed out on a big part of the course because I could not do this exercise.

By Krishanu T

May 24, 2021

WORST TEACHER EVER!!!!! The Course had lots of insights. But, the teacher who taught had a very very poor tone of speech and has a habit of diminishing all his last words in every sentence he spoke!! very bad explaining skills

By Madelyn B

Jun 3, 2021

The structure of this certificate seems very odd. It seems that the more complex the subject matter of a course is, the shorter they made it. This covers a lot of stuff but doesn't go too deep into anything. I think they could have tacked on a few extra weeks of material here. I think right now you have to supplement this course with a lot of other material to get the full picture.

By Leif S

Apr 5, 2021

Additional information around the McCandless' method would have been useful since there were so many questions around it and I couldn't really find the answers in the documentation and presentations.

By Tom G

Apr 5, 2021

Learning Tableau was challenging but exciting. I can tell it is a very complex and nuanced platform that will require a lot of practice and patience to become proficient at, but the course did a great job of introducing it. I also got the bravery, through the prodding of the course, to take my plunge into power point. Instructor was clear and did a great job stressing the importance of presentation dos and don'ts.

By Cheng C C

Jun 8, 2021

The contents in this course were the worst constructed among all in my opinion. Some of the questions in the exam are subjective and meaninglessly challenging. I would like to have more detailed practices about Tableau or introductions of other Visualization tools. Most of the presentation skills are not necessary in this Certificate Course in my perspective. And please just forget about McCandless Method....

By Tyler M V

May 26, 2021

Really hoped there would be more Tableau assignments and hands on exercises. However, I am really grateful that you showed us Tableau public, how to access/download it, and the tutorials that are accessible on their website.

By Matthew B

Apr 6, 2021

This course was really well done with plenty of practice in tableau and the videos were very informative. I was interesting taking an online course about presentations without being able to get feedback from others on a presentation that we put together, but I think the course still worked well as it was presented.

By Avi G

Apr 5, 2021

Hey this was really good. I think the considerations presented were really helpful to contextualize what to expect in a presentation situation. Nice outlines of tools and strategies to employ in the future.

By Senaka S

Apr 7, 2021

This was a great course. I encouraged me to review my current presentation style. And I now know how to improve on presenting myself and my work. Thanks!!

By Balagangadhar R K

Apr 2, 2021

Good

By Apurv G

Apr 6, 2021

Great Course which covers all aspects of Data visualization and presentation. The course tells all the answers when why & how to use the particular viz tools and skills. Only concern is the quizzes are more based on the theory than the practical.

By Jackie

Jun 10, 2021

I found this course a bit dry, most of it was just theory and no hands on. Being a visual learner I found the course hard to absorb and I think the course should be shortened down to perhaps 2 weeks instead of 4.

By Abdullah H

Jun 17, 2021

I'd have loved it more if it was more hands on Tableau stuff and less of the presenting stuff. Great overall! Thank You!!

By Hui Y

Jun 13, 2021

Too little practical exerise.

By Dona T

Jul 21, 2021

Too repetitive and too much theory with minimal practice on Tableau. I was barely getting started on Tableau and expected more technical details when the course shifted entirely to presentation skills and gave us breathing technique tips! Also, the videos about Tableau were poorly designed and included some errors. Instead of rushing through Tableau, the course should have just introduced the basic concepts regarding presentation and focused on us honing our data visualization skills.