Back to Water Supply and Sanitation Policy in Developing Countries Part 1: Understanding Complex Problems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Water Supply and Sanitation Policy in Developing Countries Part 1: Understanding Complex Problems by University of Manchester

Our course explores what can be done to solve the complex problem that half a billion people worldwide do not have improved water supplies and two billion do not have improved sanitation. We look forward to you joining us. We want to help you develop the skills you need to address this major global challenge of the 21st century. Our course has informative video lectures and guest interviews with leading water policy scholars and practitioners. We will provide you with discussion forum topic prompts, which will invite you to engage with other learners from around the globe. Our MOOC will also ask you to attempt weekly quizzes and a challenging assignment that tackles a real water and sanitation problem in a difficult setting. Please watch this trailer: https://youtu.be/Q-HmaCZNd0k...

KM

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your knowledge and passions with us. I found this class very informative and sometimes challenging. It made me think about topics from different perspectives.

AO

May 26, 2019

As a public health professional with interest in WASH, this course has enhanced my knowledge of water and sanitation policy development and implementation in developing countries.

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Water Supply and Sanitation Policy in Developing Countries Part 1: Understanding Complex Problems

By Alvaro V

Jun 06, 2017

Useful and interesting topics about real developing countries issues. I really enjoyed the way to evaluate colleagues in a participative manner. I also appreciated the flexibility to finalize sessions after their deadline because we all have other commitments so sometimes it is hard to do it on time.

By Satyapriya S

Mar 06, 2020

This course is well designed for understanding the key issues that are faced in developing nations. I have learnt a lot of complex problems from root level to governance level that people are facing in their daily lives. I have built solid insights in resolving some of the major problems that will ensure a better life for the people.

By Sarah D H

Dec 28, 2017

Excellent course full of really interesting and useful information. A real eye opener, I have worked in the Watson field for 20yrs but not been aware of the more over-arching aspects/drivers to the industry. Fascinating and I would highly recommend.

By Kyle M

Nov 19, 2018

By Ayobami O

May 26, 2019

By Pallavi S

Mar 20, 2020

It gives a longitudinal and comprehensive view of the sector, emphasising the challenges, the alternate pathways practised globally with their feasibility today.

By MANSI A

May 16, 2020

I could understand the water and sanitation schemes related to developing country very well

The faculties associated with this course were very cooperative and explanation was given very nicely regarding every topic

I enjoyed the course

I thank University of Manchester for letting me gain knowledge about the topic

By Dinesh M T

May 08, 2020

Good morning !!!

Overall it was an excellent experience to attend, review, participate in examination & getting the satisfactory grades from Coursera.Org.

I am very glad to complete this online course & receiving the course completion certificate.

Thank you very much & best wishes to Coursera.Org.

Thank you !!!

By SUSANTA P

Dec 16, 2019

this is an excellent and resourceful course for general population, students, faculty and poliyc makers. as water and sanitation are the prime concern of development of the society these things should be thoroughly studied. this type of course is relevant in this context.

By Uyoyoghene

Sep 09, 2018

Great course, great instructors. I like the chronological order of how policies evolved, how countries adapted to change, and the look at current and future challenges. I'll recommend this course to anyone ineterested in a career in policy development.

By José M

Nov 20, 2019

A complete and global approach from the basis to the political and humanitarian challenges, with the understanding of the same need in different regions and different cultures.

By Jonathan B

Apr 08, 2018

all good content, though the formatting in the submission box limited, would prefer to just submit PDFs. Other than that, I got a lot out of it. .

Thanks

By Edison M B

Apr 26, 2020

Late in my career , I had to face a nem challenge: a Project related to Strategic Planning in Sanitation and Water.

This course has helped me a lot.

By Qusroo A K

Mar 07, 2019

Very useful, I understood how governments and private agencies works positively and negatively for water and sanitation projects.

By Amit d

May 16, 2020

Very Informative in all subjects and great collection of videos presented with good discussion with sector expert

By Jan S

Feb 10, 2018

Gives you a great overview on the theory of WASH, not much on how to drill wells or installing pipes

By shubham v

nice experience of learning from Coursera. Thanks a lot Coursera for your valuable knowledge.😍🤩

By Syed S H

Jun 12, 2017

its good course i personally get improvements and learn lot of new things from this platform.

By Hardikkumar T B

Jul 05, 2019

Very good and comprehensive course and exam is very innovative specially the policy making.

By steven m

Sep 10, 2019

it a good program it is helping me a lot , my friends wonder where i got knowledge from

By 일권 채

Apr 30, 2019

Excellence lecture and case studies about water and sanitation developments !!

By JANARDAN C

Jan 19, 2020

The course is very good. Got an insight about the world wide issues on WASH.

By Mahmud H T

Sep 26, 2017

How to formulate water supply and sanitation policy in poor countries.

By Kenneth O

Nov 06, 2019

Great course-powerfully delivered-exceeded my expectations

By Malek K

Oct 29, 2018

very much professional course full of info and data