Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Introduction to Financial Accounting, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

By MM

Feb 04, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

By BA

Feb 04, 2018

great course simple to understand and very entertaining. i really like the idea of the virtual students they add a nice touch to the course and the instructions and provide good questions and answers

934 Reviews

By Can Isik

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you very much for the well explained and simplistic look on Financial Accounting!

By Lori Kangun

Mar 17, 2019

First - what I liked:

Prof. Bushee was a great professor. I appreciated all the pdf slides that accompanied the course, those made it much easier to study.

What I didn't like:

It was a tremendous amount of material to cover in a short time. As I was going through each week, I felt I was understanding, but when I got to the final (part 1), I had so much difficulty. This tells me that while I understood each component, when they were combined, I was slightly lost. (and I say this as someone with a masters in engineering, so numbers are not an issue for me). I think a better overview of how all the financial statements fit together would have been helpful. It also occurs to me that for someone like myself who really just needs an overview (will never work as an accountant, but want to be able to read/analyze financial statements, this may have been too much information.

By Emeric Guerrand

Mar 17, 2019

Hokey Pokey song on point haha

By Todd Alexander

Mar 16, 2019

I love this course, it was pretty tough for me at first but Professor Bushee's enthusiasm for accounting (accompanied by many corny, but appreciated, jokes) keeps you interested and entertained. I wound up learning a lot and developing an interest for accounting that I didn't know I had.

By Iwona Karcz

Mar 14, 2019

Professor B. has been very clear. I liked his examples. Well done!

By Anita Jotwani

Mar 14, 2019

Professor Bushee is fantastic. I am a visual/hands on learner. Therefore the earlier parts of the course where there were a lot of examples and practice questions I mastered really well. It did become challenging at the end but overall with the amount of effort I put in I am content with the results.

By Sharad Gopal

Mar 13, 2019

I can't recommend this course enough. Professor Brian Bushee is an excellent instructor, and the course and accompanying materials are top notch as well!

By Ngawang Phuntsok

Mar 11, 2019

N

By Vishwesh Rege

Mar 10, 2019

Never thought a course on a topic like financial accounting could be made this interesting.

By Natalia Kriventsova

Mar 10, 2019

Wow ! It was interesting and difficult, especially in the cash flow part and rations!