Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Introduction to Financial Accounting, University of Pennsylvania

About this Course

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

By MM

Feb 04, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

By BA

Feb 04, 2018

great course simple to understand and very entertaining. i really like the idea of the virtual students they add a nice touch to the course and the instructions and provide good questions and answers

973 Reviews

By Sushmitha Manivannan

May 25, 2019

;lloved

By Robin Hemenway

May 22, 2019

I've taken this course twice in collage and once online and just COULD not wrap my mind around the concept...UNTIL Mr. Bushee explained it the way he did...debit means left, credit means right. Thank God for this man!

By Daniel Posada

May 22, 2019

Fun lectures

By Sergio Espejo

May 20, 2019

The virtual students are annoying at first but then they really help you visualize the topics. The professor is very methodical and you learn a lot about financial accounting.

By Plinio Pedro Joaquín Aguilera Espinoza

May 20, 2019

Excellent. A very good introduction to accounting. I work in mining and I used to work in operations, but I moved to an area closer to Finance and I really needed a re-fresh of all these topics.

By Light Chua Yi Yong

May 19, 2019

fantastic course and prof, and videos!

By srivaishnavi

May 16, 2019

Excellent Material for absolute beginners .

By 卜偲哲

May 15, 2019

great course!

By Uday Gupta

May 14, 2019

Professor Brian's course really helped me go a long way in understanding the fundamentals of Accounting. The course is extremely well structured and the way he explains concepts is excellent. I also adore his sense of humour in the way he uses the virtual students and it helps keep the videos more engaging.

By Elizabeth BeShears

May 13, 2019

I enjoyed Professor Boucher, but struggled to understand the material in a practical way. Having practice problems/sets would have helped immensely.