Back to Corruption

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corruption by University of Pennsylvania

You can't understand the world today if you don't understand corruption. Every day, we see high-level government officials resigning, governments changing, hundreds of thousands of people standing in squares, holding up signs, and often risking their lives to protest the corruption in the world. It's critically important to the health of our societies to understand what people are protesting against. We want to understand corruption. This course is designed to teach you about what corruption is, what causes corruption, the effects of corruption, and how to control corruption. We'll be talking about this from a global perspective using examples from all over the world. We'll also be talking about corruption from the perspective of countries, governments, businesses, citizens, and the people within these entities. At the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of why the world is changing according to the path of corruption. If you're in a position to make changes within your respective entity, to make decisions about corruption, you'll be able to make better decisions....

MA

Aug 16, 2018

I loved this course. It helped me to get a greater view at the real issue behind corruption. The last assignment really made me think about the subject and dive in to give it my best. Thank you!

LB

Dec 05, 2017

Superb course. I learned about the cause and the effects of corruption. As a forensic investigator, this helps me in understanding the causes of corruption and financial crimes. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 68 Reviews for Corruption

By Ricardo W d A

May 30, 2019

Up-to-date with society new challenges. Very practical and a must for all professionals.

By Ahmed A

Mar 27, 2019

One of the best course you can adapt on the nemeous context in which corruption operates.

By 刘峰

Feb 08, 2019

This course taught me about the trends and severity of corruption in the world. At the same time, I learned a lot of ways and means to identify and analyze corruption. Very helpful for work and corporate governance!

By Fredjoger B M

Jan 20, 2019

Great course and relevant issue.

By Jean-Charles F

Dec 31, 2018

Great course - thank you !

By João P Q M

Dec 13, 2018

Nice

By Marek B

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent presentation skills and very relevant content....superb

By Scott W

Sep 25, 2018

Great course!

By Monica A

Aug 16, 2018

By Luz A N S

Aug 07, 2018

One of the best courses in Coursera.

By Marcos P

Jul 27, 2018

I found the course to be quite shallow. It focused too much on the overall negative effects of corruption (which I would assume is something most of the people interested in taking this course are already familiar with) and did not spend much time exploring solutions or innovative ways to address cases of deeply rooted corruption in both businesses and institutions. The course was not bad, but it was far from being a resource I would deem to have been useful in preparing me for dealing with future manifestations of corruption.

By Lisa E

Jul 03, 2018

do not like format of waiting for other submissions to grade before moving on with certificate

By Diana L J C

Jun 19, 2018

I learned a lot!

By Saim S

Jun 02, 2018

Awesome course! Should have been a little more detailed, maybe dealing with some case studies, and intersection of corruption with law and jurisprudence in particular. It does make you realize that the field needs a lot of theoretical work to be done and there is significant space for original contribution.

By Sudhanshu M

Mar 29, 2018

Amazing, simple yet intricate, this course is an excellent overview of the problem of corruption. As a high school student, I strongly recommend it for anyone willing to put in the effort - the content is not extremely complex. There are some really good examples and opportunities to learn more!

By Alexandre S

Mar 26, 2018

Very interesting course! Provides a wide view of corruption and most importantly how to deal with it. Awesome!

By Julio S H

Mar 05, 2018

Good content on corruption and ideas on how to control.

By Yuthyia W

Jan 29, 2018

I wish to have another subsequence courses, can say second course of corruption.

By Reiner A B

Jan 18, 2018

Excellent course. The teacher explains very well on the subject. I really liked it.

By Lalith B

Dec 05, 2017

By Jan S

Nov 27, 2017

Great course gives a great insight into corruption

By Benjamin M V

Oct 24, 2017

This course will help you learn how does corruption work, what kinds of corruption exist and more importantly how to do a corruption analysis. I think more academic references were needed, but overall everything was very clear and brief.

By Christina P

Oct 14, 2017

The content was very good, with an overview of the theories of public corruption and the effects of corruption on countries. The delivery was a little dry, but overall a good course.

By Nikitha R

Oct 11, 2017

Thanks to this course, I was able to organize my thoughts on corruption properly. I termed it impossible to not be corrupt but after the course I realized that the main idea is to reduce corruption first, and not give up, and that it is not as difficult as imagined. Thank you for the course!

By Anwar M S