Back to Corruption

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corruption by University of Pennsylvania

You can't understand the world today if you don't understand corruption. Every day, we see high-level government officials resigning, governments changing, hundreds of thousands of people standing in squares, holding up signs, and often risking their lives to protest the corruption in the world. It's critically important to the health of our societies to understand what people are protesting against. We want to understand corruption. This course is designed to teach you about what corruption is, what causes corruption, the effects of corruption, and how to control corruption. We'll be talking about this from a global perspective using examples from all over the world. We'll also be talking about corruption from the perspective of countries, governments, businesses, citizens, and the people within these entities. At the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of why the world is changing according to the path of corruption. If you're in a position to make changes within your respective entity, to make decisions about corruption, you'll be able to make better decisions....

MA

Aug 16, 2018

I loved this course. It helped me to get a greater view at the real issue behind corruption. The last assignment really made me think about the subject and dive in to give it my best. Thank you!

LB

Dec 05, 2017

Superb course. I learned about the cause and the effects of corruption. As a forensic investigator, this helps me in understanding the causes of corruption and financial crimes. Thank you.

1 - 25 of 72 Reviews for Corruption

By Fredjoger B M

Jan 20, 2019

Great course and relevant issue.

By 刘峰

Feb 08, 2019

This course taught me about the trends and severity of corruption in the world. At the same time, I learned a lot of ways and means to identify and analyze corruption. Very helpful for work and corporate governance!

By Ahmed A

Mar 27, 2019

One of the best course you can adapt on the nemeous context in which corruption operates.

By João P Q M

Dec 13, 2018

Nice

By Emanuel M

Apr 07, 2017

very nice introduction to corruption and the way to think about it. Shares some terminology and ways to control it

By Anamika S

Jun 18, 2017

For a forensic professional like me, at a nascent stage in my career, this course is a stepping stone. Wonderful material and final assignment.

By Ever M

Sep 05, 2017

Excellent!, I learned several ideas, theories, concepts for improve my knowledge about corruption

By David C R P G

Aug 26, 2017

Great course!!

By GUY C A

Sep 12, 2016

As as Social Scientist and professional eradicator of Corruption, this course is a must because you learn about the philosophical roots of the problem. However, the analysis by region or continent is incomplete because in the United States, we do have a big problem of corruption as well as Africa or Asia e.g. , the amount of money legally given by donors into politics and or the use of lobbyists are evidence that our system is one of the worsts.

By Jan S

Nov 27, 2017

Great course gives a great insight into corruption

By Eugene B O

Sep 18, 2017

I enjoyed the course. Its shocking to see that corruption has such a huge impact all over the world. I hope our fight to eradicate corruption will not be in vain

By Mbamalu K S

Jul 20, 2017

This course is really educating and has broadened my perspective on corruption.

By gerald w

Sep 29, 2016

Awesome

By Arslan B

Dec 04, 2016

"Corruption" is one of the best online courses ever. I learned big time about the plague that torments countries and societies worldwide. A big thumbs up to the University of Pennsylvania for such an amazing, informative educational initiative.

By Shawnee L

Apr 18, 2017

Thank You Professor Phillip Nichols. This was one of my very favorite classes. I too know that corruption is a danger to humanity and Mother Earth. I also believe we can eliminate it together, 'Good People'!

Sincerely,

Shawnee Love HHD, PhD

By Fábio d F M

Sep 13, 2017

Muito útil, bem explicado e didaticamente dividido para ajudar ao entendimento de cada etapa no tratamento desse tema tão atual.

By Jaime A L

Aug 17, 2017

A systemic and systematic view of a too complex problem. I liked it a lot.

By Ariane S

Apr 02, 2017

Clair, concret tout en restant dans une neutralité académique irréprochable.

By Anwar M S

Oct 09, 2017

A very useful course.

By Alexandro G

Aug 18, 2017

Explicaciones muy didácticas y correctas por el profesor a través de sus vídeos. El curso ayuda a entender mejor los orígenes de las corrupción en la sociedad, y además plantea casos reales ocurridos en la historia para ver que vías se tomaron para reducir la corrupción.

El curso tiene una duración de 4 semanas, pero en 2 (si se tiene tiempo para un intensivo) se puede realizar sin problemas.

By Yulgan T d F L

Aug 14, 2017

A great way to understand corruption and its effect to society.

By Ivan Z

Jan 30, 2017

I really enjoyed taking this course. I would recommend it both to those with limited knowledge about anti-corruption and compliance, but also to those who already have some experience and would like to get an overview of this complex phenomenon.

By Reiner A B

Jan 18, 2018

Excellent course. The teacher explains very well on the subject. I really liked it.

By Bashir A M