Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

351 - 375 of 574 Reviews for People Analytics

Nov 04, 2019

Great Course

By Aaron D

Nov 06, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, as it will be very beneficial to my professional development.

By Prashant R

Sep 26, 2019

Nice learning experience

By GELBERT J P

Sep 29, 2019

It's an eye-opener. It is a must for Managers and Human Resource Professionals.

By Whitney C G

Oct 04, 2019

I really enjoyed learning more about People Analytics and earning my certificate was well worth it!

Thank you, Wharton Online and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Jia-Yiing L

Oct 05, 2019

At first I was not interested in People Analytics. I'm not HR nor a manager, so why should I care? However, I found I enjoyed the course as I learn more about how our perception or results shape how we "evaluate" our colleagues, managers, and ourselves. I also like operational network analysis as it introduced different factors in collaboration.

By Hauwa E L

Sep 13, 2019

I really learnt a lot

By Yang M

Oct 08, 2019

Very useful, just wish i had learned this early, i will be a big help for my paper.

By Mustafa A A

Oct 08, 2019

Thank you very much Professors Massey, Haas, and Bidwell. You made HR exciting for me agin. Never thought HR could be made this interesting thorugh applying analytics and common sense. Please keep us inspiring in this manner.

By Ji-Yeong C

Oct 09, 2019

Great course for HR managers who are interested in starting People analytics. Professors explain broad area of people analytics, so that what we can do with people analytics in diverse tasks and challenges we face as a HR manager. Though, it doesn't deliver statistics.

By Shaik I

Sep 23, 2019

fantastic

By Anuj K

Sep 24, 2019

It's the 1st time I've completed a course! I really enjoyed the course and I learned a lot about the fundamental concepts of People Analytics. I would like to take this new learning and introduce it in my own organization. It will be an interesting challenge to implement it in our unique setup.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the faculty for extending their wisdom and insights to the larger population through this online course.

By Khizra S S

Sep 25, 2019

Had an amazing time learning from all three professors. Provided a holistic view of people analytics and helped me understand context and the multiple ways through which change can be driven in an organization.

By Daniel M

Oct 18, 2019

Outstanding! This has been an invaluable learning experience. I highly recommend this course - it was enlightening and enjoyable.

By Dillon S

Oct 24, 2019

Great examples and applications to a breadth of core concepts in People Analytics. Great to hear from faculty that have experience in the industry!

By Teslim P B

Oct 28, 2019

This course was great. It really gave me a good insight on how to manage people in an organization and lear how to improve the effectiveness of a team. I also learnt how to use data to make and improve decisions from a people analytics stand point. Ultimately, i learnt how to retain, manage and develop talent in an organization. Great Course!

By HEMAKUMAR M

Oct 28, 2019

EXCELLENT COURSE...…. WITH GOOD EXAMPLE. I HAVE GOT AN IDEA ABOUT PEOPLE ANALYTICS

By Lixon Y

Nov 07, 2019

A comprehensive and practical for HR analytics professionals

By Melissa T

Nov 07, 2019

I appreciate the research-based curriculum

By 장금영

Nov 07, 2019

Fully satisfied with this course!

By kohil n

Loved it

By Luis J C R

Nov 12, 2019

The profesors are really good at the people analytics field, having a lot of experience and examples of big companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. All the information they gave makes you uderstand how this branch of science can be used in all types of companies, from sport teams to law firms and how they can improve the productivity of the employees.

I recomment this course for all begginers that want to get in this field.

By Jonas O

Jan 02, 2019

Really liked the course. The only thing is I find it dives too quickly into specific examples and approaches, while I would have expected an introductory course on People Analytics to remain more general. E.g. this is what I found in the last part of the course: how to be a good analyst, how to build a people analytics team, how to influence your organization. I would have expected these last topics to be the main part of the course.

Excellent use of online tools, e.g. I also appreciated the combination of videos, quiz and reading.

By Palash J

Jan 05, 2019

Good concepts and decent examples, was expecting some practical applications too.