Back to When Disaster Meets Conflict

Learner Reviews & Feedback for When Disaster Meets Conflict by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Disaster Risk Reduction and humanitarian aid in conflict settings This MOOC teaches you to develop accountable, high-quality and ethical responses to disaster in conflict-affected areas. The E-course is meant primarily for practitioners, but also open to students or otherwise interested people. It stimulates participants to think about humanitarian aid, DRR and disaster response in contexts where conflict is ongoing, lingering, or has characterized the setting in recent times, as well as about the hard choices and dilemmas faced by humanitarian actors in conflict settings. Moreover, you will learn to distinguish the different challenges and effective, positive examples of aid in three types of conflict settings. Through videos, interviews, guest lectures and realistic case-studio, learning becomes both relevant and fun; everything you learn will be applicable for practice in the field. Curious? Check out our trailer in the first module of the MOOC below....

1 - 7 of 7 Reviews for When Disaster Meets Conflict

By Monifa

Jun 11, 2020

This course was an eye opener- it made you think about how conflicts could impact a disaster stuck community and how disasters impact communities in conflict. Something I never thought about before in DRR.

By Ingrid C

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot. It was a very engaging course. I would recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Susana

Apr 26, 2020

Very good course I enjoyed and learned how to avoid doing harm while providing aid to affected communities.

By Chikaodili A O

Jul 30, 2020

THANKS...

By Sean D

Jul 14, 2020

I think that was a great preliminary course, which introduced a wide range of perspectives on issues in humanitarianism within conflict scenarios. My main perspective was that it was hard to study alongside the videos, because the note function on coursera can not be exported to text file. This meant I either needed to copy and paste sections into 'note documents' or take notes by hand. I think this could be improved for later courses.