Back to When Disaster Meets Conflict

Learner Reviews & Feedback for When Disaster Meets Conflict by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Disaster Risk Reduction and humanitarian aid in conflict settings This MOOC teaches you to develop accountable, high-quality and ethical responses to disaster in conflict-affected areas. The E-course is meant primarily for practitioners, but also open to students or otherwise interested people. It stimulates participants to think about humanitarian aid, DRR and disaster response in contexts where conflict is ongoing, lingering, or has characterized the setting in recent times, as well as about the hard choices and dilemmas faced by humanitarian actors in conflict settings. Moreover, you will learn to distinguish the different challenges and effective, positive examples of aid in three types of conflict settings. Through videos, interviews, guest lectures and realistic case-studio, learning becomes both relevant and fun; everything you learn will be applicable for practice in the field. Curious? Check out our trailer in the first module of the MOOC below....

RR
Oct 13, 2020

Extremely informative and perfectly curated course, id like to thank everyone involved in the production this course.

IC
Jun 11, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot. It was a very engaging course. I would recommend this course to my colleagues.

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for When Disaster Meets Conflict

By Renuka R

Oct 14, 2020

By Ingrid C

Jun 12, 2020

By Monifa

Jun 11, 2020

This course was an eye opener- it made you think about how conflicts could impact a disaster stuck community and how disasters impact communities in conflict. Something I never thought about before in DRR.

By Maria A N T

Aug 19, 2020

It is an interesting course to have several tools for practitioners, understand the challenges in different contexts, and its worth it!

By Susan S

Apr 26, 2020

Very good course I enjoyed and learned how to avoid doing harm while providing aid to affected communities.

By Fernando J B

Oct 20, 2020

very tough subject and very enjoyable course

By CYIZA T

Sep 26, 2020

Wonderful course for humanitarian workers

By Gourpada D

Nov 1, 2020

gd

By Sean D

Jul 14, 2020

I think that was a great preliminary course, which introduced a wide range of perspectives on issues in humanitarianism within conflict scenarios. My main perspective was that it was hard to study alongside the videos, because the note function on coursera can not be exported to text file. This meant I either needed to copy and paste sections into 'note documents' or take notes by hand. I think this could be improved for later courses.