Back to Women in environmental biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Women in environmental biology by Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona

Have you ever wondered how humans relate to other living beings and what do you need to know to be able to understand current environmental problems? Do you know that many of these researches and knowledge have been described by women? This course gives answers to these questions and it is addressed to anyone interested in the relationship between humans and other living beings, as well as all those concerned about the global change situation that the planet is suffering. We will learn key concepts of environmental biology, what does the word biodiversity mean, what are the main types of living organisms that exist on the Earth and the importance of these for human beings. We will also learn that the gender perspective plays a key role in how we understand the world and in how science, and in particular, environmental biology, progress. What is this course useful for? In the current context of global change of the planet, sustainability is a key and transversal concept in many aspects of our life: education, politics, legislation, etc ... Knowing to appreciate the importance of our relationship with the natural environment will facilitate to work on issues related to sustainability with a solid knowledge based on evidence. On the other hand, there is growing evidence that the gender perspective is a key element in the transformation of many environmental problems on the planet. This course has been designed and developed by a team of women researchers applying the gender perspective in the content and structure of the course. In addition, with this course you will discover many other women who, throughout history, have made key contributions to environmental biology and that will surely allow you to start stretching the thread to know more of them....

A

Jul 13, 2020

This course is really an inspiration and advocating the importance and role of women in Environmental Biology. I really enjoyed the course. Thank you.

R

Jun 26, 2020

High knowledge on environmental biology and the contribution of various women personalities towards it.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Women in environmental biology

By Грона О В

May 04, 2020

A great course for women about women! Thank you very much! As a student of the Faculty of Ecobiotechnology I was really lack of the representativeness of women in science, especially in environmental biology. However, this course showed what a great contribution women have for science! I also especially pleased to note the charisma and competence of the teachers. It was a pleasure to take part in this inspiring and powerful course!

Who runs the world? Girls!

By Ksenia D

May 04, 2020

My friend and I study ecobiotechnology, so we were really interested in subject of this course. I enjoyed it, the lectures were really interesting and provided us with a lot of new and relevant information. Especially was really amused to learn how many amazing women took part in both development of environmental biology and in creation of this course. Thank you for the experience!

By Devyani R

Apr 21, 2020

Informative, inclusive and eye opening. I appreciate that I was taught by women, about women. This course has inspired me to do better work in the field of environmental conservation and has made me realize that it is women that will change the world, for the better.

By Ana K R L

m'ha encantat molt el curs, he après molt i he empoderat a moltes dones i aquest curs m'ha servit de manera tant professional com personal, ja que com a dona, ambientalista i feminista estic a la recerca de millores per al planeta i per ser una millor persona i així mateix per donar poder a dones a través de la ciència, m'ha ensenyat molt aquest curs i el recomano altament. m'ha encantat, gràcies pel contingut i per tot.

By Andrea F L R

Sep 12, 2020

En estos tiempos de crisis, es fundamental conocer y promover los esfuerzos históricos de las mujeres en el conocimiento y la acción por defender los ecosistemas, territorios y especies recordando que las personas también somos parte de la naturaleza y la estamos destruyendo. Las mujeres han hecho propuestas y acciones muy importantes para atender las crisis ambientales y sanitarias que vivimos hoy en día.

By Milenka R R

May 09, 2020

Excelente curso, hoy me di cuenta que las mujeres han y hacen muchos esfuerzos por proteger y mantener el lugar donde habitamos, trabajando desde diferentes campos de acciòn pero con un solo objetivo, el bien de la naturaleza.

By Akimbekova N

May 04, 2020

Thank you very. It was very interesting and help me improving some professional questions also my English. Really I saw mostly women names first time and I think threre are many,

By Abhishek K M

Jul 13, 2020

By Fatima S G

Sep 01, 2020

Fue un curso interesantísimo y de gran ayuda para la carrera que actualmente estoy estudiando, el trabajo de las expositoras fue increíble

By RADHA K S

Jun 26, 2020

By Nandhini A

Aug 06, 2020

The course was really interesting and i felt so attached ,feeling like it was a classroom session.

By Sheeza R

Sep 01, 2020

The course content was excellent and upto the mark.Thank you so much.

By Pilar R G A

Sep 14, 2020

Very useful to begin new knowledge in biology

By Ashitha K S

May 07, 2020

Gained new knowledge. Thanks to the team.

By NAW A R

there should be summary for each topic

By DAINY B E

Aug 17, 2020

Loved it

By Mona A A

Jun 06, 2020

good

By Ana L R V

Aug 20, 2020

I like it very much. I enjoyed all the different parts in which the course was developed and the summary of themes and approaches. The team was very professional and have knowledge in the different areas offered. I would love to have this course offered in Spanish, because the team is more comfortable in that language (and the automatic transcription is not very accurate). As a Spanish speaker, I understood most of these non accurate words, but non-Spanish speakers probably will find it a little bit more difficult. Please revise the transcription and also revise the links for further information. Some of them have not been actualized.

By Vivek S

Very Nice course that highlights the importance and need for many Women scientists for the development of mankind. This course makes us appreciate all the hard work of women researchers who went unrecognized by our society. I liked the course but I felt it was a little jam-packed, maybe slightly lesser content could be much more appreciated.

By Dr. G

Jul 01, 2020

Very nice material, thoroughly we can understand the part of women in environment.

By Ariadna