Back to Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change by Case Western Reserve University

This course aims to inspire and empower women and men across the world to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes---to lead change with more conviction and confidence---and improve our workplaces and communities for all. By offering more complex understandings of issues related to professional women and work, the course will help you increase self-knowledge about your own values and vision, as well as enhance your capabilities as a leader, manager, and team contributor. We will examine the opportunities, challenges, trade-offs, and organizational dynamics experienced by women in work organizations, as well as reflect on and practice effective individual behaviors. The course aims at answering questions such as: What are the valued attributes and behaviors of women in the workplace? How does the gendered nature of organizations impact women? What derails our career advancement and what propels us upward? What are your leadership goals and aspirations? How can you best integrate your multiple family and work life commitments? How do you define career success? What can organizations do to provide women with opportunities to excel? What opportunities could our global economy harness by advancing women to leadership? How can the full talents of the workforce be tapped into and developed? The course is about leadership and inspiring change, but at its core it is meant to inspire and empower women and men across the world to engage in purposeful career development and take on leadership for important causes, to lead change with more conviction and confidence, and improve our workplaces and communities for all. Your involvement in the course activities is essential to help you learn these concepts and develop the necessary skills to implement them. If you watch the videos and read the required articles you will be introduced to some intriguing ideas. If you do the personal reflective exercises and complete the final project you will convert those ideas into relevant experiences to enhance your life and work. Going beyond your personal relevance, your potential learning will expand to understanding and working with others more effectively through either the Discussion Forums in the course or through face-to-face discussions (some of you are taking the course in groups). Each week, we will post reminders, changes, and other relevant announcements....

MM

Jan 22, 2019

That was amazing! I totally recommend that course because it will explain a lot of things that happen in workplaces and what women face in their milestone.

AT

Dec 13, 2016

Thought-provoking course that validated many of my experiences. Helpful tips and frameworks for women and men alike. Thank you, Dr. Bilimoria!

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change

By Raihan I A H

Nov 10, 2018

By Mena M

Jan 22, 2019

By Julia R M

Feb 25, 2019

Very inspiring and motivating course.

By marta b a

Jan 15, 2019

I really enjoy this course and recommand to take it to every women (and some man)! It brought me to high-level reflections which I eventually woudln´t have otherwise and at teh same time it provided some very handy tools and strategies of how to deal with daily challanges (self-confidence, salary gap, creation leadership vision).

By Susan D

Jul 30, 2018

Tremendous course that has already provided immeasurable benefits to my career. This is the best professional development opportunity I have undertaken; connecting with women in senior leadership roles in my orga

By Mireya N

Dec 20, 2017

I loved this course :) I enjoyed the videos with the instructor, with her wise, calmed, optimistic voice. This course was a very strong step to understand my identity as a leader, and to have clear that my skills, values and life needs are different from others, it means that I do can become a great leader, knowing myself better, working in myself. This course has giving me very useful tools to achieve that.

By Carmen O

Nov 20, 2017

Excellent!!!!

By Marcella A C J

Aug 15, 2016

Amazing! Still studying... I love to see women and men succeed and in leadership positions! God bless!

By Ted B

Jun 04, 2017

This is a great course. Thank you for all the work in putting it together.

By Fabio M V

Oct 19, 2017

excellent course. I work with many women and it was great to learn more about the influence they have on the work force.

By Daniel O

Apr 21, 2018

My expectations for this course have been exceeded. All who involved in developing this course have indeed done extremely great service to humanity. Starting with the lecture notes, videos, materials, quizzes, assignments, and discussion forums, you will certainly desire to participate. I doubt there will be a single soul who has already taken this course will ever describe and see this course with a different lens that will portray lack of insight, interest, and excitement. Dr. Diana Billimoria is an exceptional professor endowed with excellent qualities that will keep both your eyes and ears highly attentive and focus. The extent of her passion for all the presentations is absolutely non-comparable.

i have already shared and discussed the course with two other women and some of the lecture videos for their perusal and a possible enrollment.

It is a great delight to be part of this course, and once again kudos to all who made it possible.

Wish Case Western University all the best and wish for more of such courses.

Daniel

By Яна Ч

Jul 13, 2017

I really enjoy this course. I was little sarcatic when started but later I was taken a few benefitial advice.

By Dee M

Sep 14, 2016

Great, great course - amazingly uplifting, insightful and thought provoking

By Lilija M

Apr 06, 2017

This is probably the best course I have taken so far on Coursera, very informative , truly inspiring, and impacting me in a positive way as it has induced me to review my life, my achievements and career, challenges I met, analyse them and reconsider my approaches to self-evaluation, goal-setting and fulfillment.

Thank you very much!

By Neha G

Sep 04, 2017

superb program.. love the richness and simple format it has.

By Roopali S

Jan 24, 2017

Wonderful course. All women should attend

By Magnus K

May 31, 2018

What could be wrong with inspiring positive change, goldstar:)

By Esther M

Feb 14, 2018

Great awareness, great learnings

By Soha G

Oct 14, 2017

The course was very helpful in bringing my thoughts together and get them into a concrete personal plan. The most important takeaway for me the concept of centered leadership, thinking about success in a holistic way is very logical and empowering.

Being exposed to the fact that women in well developed countries face the same issues we face in developing countries changed my opinion that women issues where I live is just another symptom of broken systems and if these systems improve women situations will "automatically" improve.

Identifying what I need to work on, knowing that there are well established tools to handle them was also great.

In fact the "Inspiring leadership specialization" in whole is really useful program and I am glad I came across it. Thanks to everyone who put an effort on it.

By Dimka G

Apr 08, 2016

Thank you very much for the great course!

Whereas Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence course was the basic for me, Conversations That Inspire course has helped me to spread positive emotions and to inspire people, Women in Leadership: Inspiring Positive Change has boosted tremendously my self-confidence and self-efficacy skills. I’ve gained clarity on my Leadership vision and the actions which I need to take in order to reach it. I have better understanding of the different tools for leadership and much more. Thank YOU so much for everything!

Looking forward to the next course from Inspired Leadership specialization! I feel inspired!

By Merrill C

Oct 22, 2016

Really great professor and material! I found the content to be relevant and the tools to be practical and useful. Also, the course fit into my busy life (i.e. there aren't hours and hours of lectures to watch), yet I still got a lot out of every week! Prof. Bilimoria has a great presentation style and very encouraging/accessible approach.

By Mahesh P

Aug 01, 2017

Fantastic learning experience. Very important to be exposed to this work for personal and professional growth. I also learnt about my own unconscious bias. Plus the module (week 4) on negotiating effectively was awesome.

By Claude D