Back to Writing in English at University

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in English at University by Lund University

Acquiring good academic research and writing skills early on is essential for your success both at university and in your professional life. This course aims: - to give you an understanding of the conventions of academic writing in English and to teach you the components and benefits of what is called process writing. - to help you to put together your own “toolbox” of academic writing skills, as well as to give you a chance to test out these tools and to reflect on your own development as a writer. - to encourage reflection on discipline specific conventions; although the course deals with generic skills, you will be able to apply these generic skills to meet the particular needs of your own discipline. The course consists of four modules: 1. Writing in English at university: An introduction 2. Structuring your text and conveying your argument 3. Using sources in academic writing 4. The writer’s toolbox: Editing and proofreading In each module you will find video lectures and reading assignments and assignments, such as quizzes, reflective self-assessment questions, as well as some peer review exercises in which you will have an opportunity to interact with other students taking the course....

TP

Dec 24, 2018

This course shared a lot of useful suggestions for writing in English at University. It will be an essential lesson for anyone who prepare their next education development.

ZO

Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who wants to learn or improve on proper academic writing. Especially useful if you're new to European and North-American Universities.

1 - 25 of 62 Reviews for Writing in English at University

By Elmer C

Jul 04, 2018

Awesome course. A completion certificated or a participatory certificated should be immediately linked in the end of the course.

By Gulam M A K

Feb 23, 2017

I would recommend the course for everyone who would start new classes at university including intermediate level researcher like me! Best of Luck!

By weiweiduan

Jan 31, 2019

Very useful.

By TRAN N P

Dec 24, 2018

By Zakia R

Sep 06, 2018

It was a valuable course in terms of learning. I used all the material from this course for my teaching and i felt that my students learnt a GREAT DEAL. Moreover, as a teacher, i gained about the requisite for Research writing. I know for sure this will benefit me in my PHd thesis. Thank you

By thomas h

Apr 23, 2018

Very useful & clear. A short course that can really help.

By mshahzad

Nov 22, 2017

The course is very excellent. I learn some basics of writing and how to do research and present your paper.

By Gabriel A L L

May 20, 2018

excellent course

By Dr. R K V

Jul 17, 2017

This course is very interesting and relevant as well.

By Manuel B

Apr 11, 2017

Excelente

By Nguyen T H

Jun 20, 2017

The course is really great for me that it is the knowledge I am looking for to learning. Great!

By Kirtton D

Dec 17, 2017

i have competed this courses. I have learnt many this that i have not learnt from my University actually. This course is really helpful for the university students who are still pursuing their undergrad or postgraduate degrees.

By Carmen P

Jun 23, 2018

This course is extremely helpful and informative. It relates the basic information needed for anyone attempting to write a piece of academic writing, in a clear and concise manner. The exercises are challenging enough and help you use the information you've learned. As a result, I have become more aware of the strengths and weaknesses in my writing. Thank you for an enjoyable learning experience.

By Akila W Y

May 19, 2017

Dear Prof. Satu, Dr. Ellen and Dr. Cecilia,

Glad to write you. Thank you for developing this very informative and interesting MOOC lecture schedule and make it available e free for all the students around the world wide.

The course is very informative, interesting and I really enjoyed.

However I've important suggestion, which will help future fellows. It is very hard to navigate and follow the whole lecture series. Therefore I'd like to suggest you, make a PDF book for whole program step by step with all the required text materials. so a student can first register to this course and get download book and print. Then while reading the book, he can listen to the video lectureres and follow the guideline and do the online tests.

Since this is a writing and reading focus course I really feel having course book will be really important and useful. Also with that this program will be more effective and friendly to follow.

I greatly appreciate you all contribution and big thank for you three, Lund University and the coursera team.

Kind regards,

Akila

By Dhaio L M A

Mar 29, 2017

It's a great course to get a better understanding of English Language at University.

By Abdul B K

Mar 20, 2017

Awesome tips on academic writing.

By Hesham S

May 25, 2017

Thank you Lund University.

By Mohamed T A

Aug 08, 2017

good

By Rafat A A

Aug 29, 2017

good

By sainoripi@nifty.com

May 22, 2017

Very good to understand and learn about academical writing, and good material

By Ahmed R

Nov 28, 2017

All I can say this course is well-written, well-delivered, in addition I gained lots of important information regards Writing in English and in-depth knowledge about Academic Writing.

My deepest gratitudes to the educators and University of Lund

By Solange G

Aug 23, 2017

Thanks a lot for your time and sharing your knowledge with us. This courses not only made me to reinforce things that I already knew but also to get more insights about things I need to success in my academic writing. Excellent course!

By 郭泽铭

Nov 29, 2016

It's very useful and I am appreciate about the teachers have done.

By Zyanya M O

By Theodor R

Jan 11, 2018

great course, perfect approach and also the corresponding information on the AWELU page