Back to Writing in English at University

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in English at University by Lund University

Acquiring good academic research and writing skills early on is essential for your success both at university and in your professional life. This course aims: - to give you an understanding of the conventions of academic writing in English and to teach you the components and benefits of what is called process writing. - to help you to put together your own “toolbox” of academic writing skills, as well as to give you a chance to test out these tools and to reflect on your own development as a writer. - to encourage reflection on discipline specific conventions; although the course deals with generic skills, you will be able to apply these generic skills to meet the particular needs of your own discipline. The course consists of four modules: 1. Writing in English at university: An introduction 2. Structuring your text and conveying your argument 3. Using sources in academic writing 4. The writer’s toolbox: Editing and proofreading In each module you will find video lectures and reading assignments and assignments, such as quizzes, reflective self-assessment questions, as well as some peer review exercises in which you will have an opportunity to interact with other students taking the course....

TP

Dec 24, 2018

This course shared a lot of useful suggestions for writing in English at University. It will be an essential lesson for anyone who prepare their next education development.

ZO

Apr 23, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who wants to learn or improve on proper academic writing. Especially useful if you're new to European and North-American Universities.

1 - 25 of 61 Reviews for Writing in English at University

By Elmer C

Jul 04, 2018

Awesome course. A completion certificated or a participatory certificated should be immediately linked in the end of the course.

By Gulam M A K

Feb 23, 2017

I would recommend the course for everyone who would start new classes at university including intermediate level researcher like me! Best of Luck!

By weiweiduan

Jan 31, 2019

Very useful.

By TRAN N P

Dec 24, 2018

By Nguyen T H

Jun 20, 2017

The course is really great for me that it is the knowledge I am looking for to learning. Great!

By Jae J S

Aug 01, 2017

Thanks for teaching me

By Kirtton D

Dec 17, 2017

i have competed this courses. I have learnt many this that i have not learnt from my University actually. This course is really helpful for the university students who are still pursuing their undergrad or postgraduate degrees.

By Manuel M

Jun 28, 2018

It was a really good course!!

By Zyanya M O

By Theodor R

Jan 11, 2018

great course, perfect approach and also the corresponding information on the AWELU page

By Muhammad A A

Aug 02, 2017

Thanks for teaching me

By Hằng T

Mar 17, 2018

Awesome course!

By Ahmed R

Nov 28, 2017

All I can say this course is well-written, well-delivered, in addition I gained lots of important information regards Writing in English and in-depth knowledge about Academic Writing.

My deepest gratitudes to the educators and University of Lund

By Solange G

Aug 23, 2017

Thanks a lot for your time and sharing your knowledge with us. This courses not only made me to reinforce things that I already knew but also to get more insights about things I need to success in my academic writing. Excellent course!

By 郭泽铭

Nov 29, 2016

It's very useful and I am appreciate about the teachers have done.

By Elton E

Jun 16, 2017

This course was really helpful for those who want to further their education. I for one really learn a lot from this course and really improve my academic writings. I recommend this course for none native English like me.

By Mohammad

Dec 03, 2017

It is very useful and complete course.

By Shuvarthi B

Aug 28, 2017

The course is detailed and touches each point necessary to become an improved academic writer.

By Stone

Jan 13, 2018

i believe i can do it.

By Mohammad M G M

Feb 06, 2018

this is really good course

By thomas h

Apr 23, 2018

Very useful & clear. A short course that can really help.

By mshahzad

Nov 22, 2017

The course is very excellent. I learn some basics of writing and how to do research and present your paper.

By Abdallah B Y

Mar 04, 2018

Useful course and addresses the topic in depth.

By Gabriel A L L

May 20, 2018

excellent course

By Dr. R K V

Jul 17, 2017

This course is very interesting and relevant as well.