Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER

Jul 24, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

401 - 425 of 434 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Luiza M R d S

Jul 27, 2020

I think it should have "Introduction" somewhere in its title because the lectures are not so deep. Anything that it covers can be found in the professor's book or in any pharmaceutical book. So, if you have some knowledge about it, maybe this course isn't for you. But if you want to start on this topic, it may be helpful.

By Altug k

Jun 14, 2016

The course satisfied me in various aspects. It is brief and clear. Thank you for our instructor for nice presentations.

Nevertheless, I would expect more about pharma and treatment apporaches. More about drugs available in the markets and new trends.

Psychotherapy applications / demonstrations would be very useful.

By Iskra K

Apr 05, 2016

Course give very good information, but the "The addicted brain" its not the correct name.

Second part of the course give more detail information about different drugs and body biology, but its not directly related to the Brain.

However, the training its very good, just change the label.

By Ellen W

May 09, 2016

Knowledgeable professor. Distracting background. I prefer direct eye contact rather than having the professor sometimes filmed not looking directly at the camera. But the course gave excellent information and I enjoyed it.

By Joshua J F

Sep 03, 2015

I learned some important concepts, but all of the material was repeated many times. If the redundancy of information were eliminated, imagine how much more students of this course could learn!

By Dorothy H

Jul 02, 2016

Worth skimming fast through for free to learn a little something about the brain. Don't expect to learn much about the brain though. The title is a little misleading.

By Giuliana B L

Jul 08, 2020

Muito sacal. O professor apenas lê e fala com uma voz bem cansativa. O curso em si não trás muitas informações diferentes das encontradas facilmente na internet.

By Nathalie A

Jan 04, 2016

Maybe too easy... And too focused on the society more than on the brain itself. Enjoyed it though.

By Kostadin K

Jun 17, 2016

Well, I expected more and more debt, It seems the course is oriented to the general public.

By Tri N

Aug 20, 2015

I will rated number 3 because I want to learn more new stuff about protections of my body.

By Alicia D R

Jun 30, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and appreciate all of the information it entailed.

By Adrian L

Dec 29, 2019

very general information. good, but id prefer more in-deptht teachings.

By Thomas C

Sep 13, 2015

Somewhat too simple, but still a good basic introduction.

By Eleanor T M

Jan 13, 2017

Did not like that I have to upgrade just to take a quiz

By D K

Jan 05, 2016

《成瘾的大脑》这门课程内容真的很丰富,老师讲述也很详细,不过要顺利学这门课还是需要一些生物学的入门知识的。

By Marci A B

Oct 02, 2015

Very interesting as lay person interested in topic.

By Gunawardhana S W S E G

Sep 04, 2020

The extra reading material provided is outdated

By Michael C

Oct 26, 2015

Interesting but really introductive

By Amanda R

Oct 31, 2017

Looks to be an interesting course.

By Ivan

Feb 16, 2016

So simple, not enough informative.

By Tom T

Jan 28, 2016

I am very interested in this topic however I found the instructor's presentation to be so monotonic and slow paced that I dropped out. I am sure he knows his material cold and I am sure that he is much better "live" in class. The readings were appropriate and the course out line solid. However this is not his media. And I have done the "talking to the camera" thing and it can be deadly for presenters. It is not BTW an "age thing"; I am older than he, I am sure, and do not ask that presentations be entertaining - just that they be engaging. (Perhaps if Coursera had lecturers present in front of small groups, as "Great Courses" does? It is unfortunate that (as I understand it) Coursera doesn't offer a "free look" with the option to transfer one's fee to another course if unhappy. Hope this is constructive for both the lecturer and Coursera.

By David D

Jan 10, 2017

Information strays between ridiculously shallow and unnecessarily deep (e.g. the stuff about GPCRs is so far removed from importance when discussing addiction). Most of the time the questions are poorly worded and thoughtless, and the whole thing reminds me of a bad high school class. Some parts border on misinformation, does seem almost as if it's been underwritten by the DEA. Paints a very distinct picture, a picture with an agenda and really incomplete portrayal of addiction. Points for trying though.

By Anne H

Feb 06, 2018

I may be a bit harsh in my review because I found the material to be so basic as to be a poor use of my time. This conclusion is furthered by the dull presentation. It was very slow, lacked depth, and was delivered in an uninteresting way. Such a critically-important and fascinating topic could have been so much more engaging. Thank you. Anne

By Anas m S S i

May 15, 2020

as i personally studied medical marijuana and seen its effectiveness in mediating PTSD and reducing stress and pain in cancer patients first hand, and that it in this tow cases at least manage the problem way better that opium, and never ever seen an overdose, demonizing it in the course is not appealing to me..

By Tj E

Nov 01, 2015

As a career dieter who is constantly reading about causes of obesity, I can't say I learned anything too earth-shattering. However, the research discussed does support what I have learned from listening to the podcasts from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating.