Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB

Oct 20, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

HK

Nov 02, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

26 - 50 of 442 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By khandker M M a

Jun 24, 2020

I have been working with Elementary level student for about 10 years as a curriculum specialist. This course is a great experience for me. This gives me new insight over diverse elementary school learners. Course materials are well organized and very suitable for any level learners. It's very essential for all the practitioners engaged in Elementary education, I think. Deep gratitude and regards to the course designers and service providers.

Thanks a lot.

By KEREN F

Jun 01, 2020

This course has indeed been very practical. It gave me access to useful tools for diagnosis. It helped me understand how a diagnosis can be made. It also helped me understand strategies that are empirically driven to deal with children with ADHD on a day to day basis. Professor Gregory is simply clear and to the point and is amazing at delivering concepts! Thank you Sir, it was a pleasure to have this learning experience with you..!!

By Shaun B N

Aug 01, 2020

As a parent of a very ADHD child and a teacher, this course really made me understand my child's stumbling blocks and that I was one of his stumbling blocks. My wife and I have implemented so many of these ideas and can see a glimmer of hope. I am also looking forward to implementing some of these ideas in my classroom. Yes these strategies are for elementary students but I am going to implement them in my highschool class

By Akshata

May 13, 2020

Incredible course indeed! this course is promising and seems highly effective and has opened up various diagnostic techniques, behaviour management techniques not only for the child but also to the parents and teachers making life much more simpler and smooth!Following them with consistency will surely be beneficial for teachers, parents and the child

By Mariana G O

Aug 12, 2020

I had a good experience with the course in its totality. Something that stuck out to me the most is how a lot of the resources and strategies presented can be put into use right away. I believe this practical touch is important to build a clear path between the learning experience and the everyday use of this knowledge.

By SHINU P J

May 03, 2020

The resource materials given are very useful. Both teachers and parents will benefit from this course. A lot of practical solutions are proposed and they all could start to practice at hand. I find it difficult to follow the lecture because of its speed. If Professor could talk a little bit slower, that will be great.

By PADMAJA K

Jun 19, 2020

Excellent course. Professor Greg Fabiano guided us with simple,easy to understand in-depth concepts and helped me to understand ADHD ,its symptoms,causes and intervention Techniques. The Daily Progress report is very valuable and important and effive tool in intervention and thank you so much for enlightening me

By Haya K

Its been absolutely a wonderful experience to learn about ADHD in detail at the ground level. I am definitely more enriched and aware. The program has sensitized me to understand, identify the children with difficulties and how to cater to their needs. Thanks a lot to the instructor and the program designer.

By José C L V

Oct 06, 2017

este curso es una herramienta valiosa para el acompañamiento y tratamiento de los alumnos con TDAH y con otros problemas conductuales, basado totalmente en evidencia científica. altamente recomendado.

cómo sugerencia sería poder traducir algunas de las herremientas cómo las hojas de reporte diario.

me encantó!

By KARATHANOU E

Dec 23, 2017

I am very satisfied I completed successfully this course. Mr Fabiano was clear and helpful to understand every module. I learned a lot and I am happy that in future I will be able to give the sligtest assistance to kids that need it. Every support, even the smallest, is big for society's progression.

By Megan B

Mar 15, 2018

Thank you for offering this course! I have learned a lot about how to manage my son's ADHD in a productive way, instead of just dishing out punishments and administering medication. I now feel empowered to help him to make positive changes that will improve his interactions with both adults and peers.

By Diane S

I wanted something to do while sitting home during this pandemic. My son told me about this and I was glad to see that their were classes I could brush up on. Thank you so much for educating me further. This class is awaking opportunity for everyone to take very educational and easy. Thank You Again

By Masako I

Apr 28, 2020

A great introduction course with practical tips and practices. The instructor is knowledgeable and his explanations are easy to follow. The course is well structured. Although this is fairly short one, I learned a lot and do feel more comfortable in classroom. I am so glad I did this. Thank you!

By Miyuki S

Apr 16, 2020

Useful and realistic strategies for educators and parents to nature children with ADHD.

Guideline by the instructor, Mr. Fabiano is clear and concise and ready to apply at home and school. His positive reinforcement and manageable practice such as Daily Deport Card are great takeaway.

By David F

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you! I now feel more confident to approach ADHD in the classroom. The resources shared will be invaluable as I continue to learn and to respond to the needs of the individual students in front of me. Thank you for your efforts in putting this course together! I really enjoyed it.

By Leonie C

Nov 17, 2017

As a parent to a child with ADHD and working in education this has been a fanatastic course. It has given me resources, strategies and a far better understanding of this disorder than I have previously had. I'm actually excited to implement many strategies in my home.

Thank you.

By Rene B L

Mar 27, 2017

Gosh, I learned a wealth of solid information. Very thought-provoking course but one that eased my anxieties all at that same time. Great experience taking this class. One that undoubtedly enables you as a learner to implement what you've learned in the real world.

By Carol L S

Jul 19, 2017

Was a great intro to the subject of ADHD. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction to a range of practical and informative websites, forms, and (for me the meta-talk) lexical to quickly communicate with other professionals working with these students.

thanks!

By Filipinas I

Mar 03, 2020

This course was very useful and direct to the point..I really appreciate that this course didn't focus on diagnosis but on strategies for helping kids. It gives me options that I can use in school when it comes to dealing with the students.Thank you very much!

By Jorge A M V

Jul 17, 2019

Enfocado en lo que se necesita saber sobre las formas de atender el TDAH, me gusta mucho como esta enfocado en resaltar los aspectos positivos que la niña o el niño puedan tener y el énfasis que hace sobre reforzar las áreas más limitadas en su desarrollo

By Mamtha V S

Jun 21, 2019

This is an excellent course with very good information on ADHD. It covers everything right from what it is, causes, diagnosis, treatment options, et.al. Not to mention that it also has an excellent reading material and resource toolkit. Overall 5 star.

By Amanda A

Apr 20, 2018

The modules are very consistent and organized to contribute with our knowledge. All the sites and extra resources are very useful. It was an amazing course. The teacher taught a lot of important tools and strategies to help kids with ADHD.

By Andrea T S

Jan 24, 2019

This was a simple and effective course. As a classroom teacher it had lots of good reminders of important strategies I should be using more consistently. As well there were a few new tidbits of information. Very useful! Thanks so much!

By Ger K

Jun 08, 2017

I think that this is such a wonderful resource to any parent or teacher who has any questions around ADHD. The course is succinct, easily digestible and something that you can come back to again and again. Well done on this course!

By Ana M F d C

Mar 09, 2020

Excellent course. Succinct, objective, clear presentations, great resources. As a parent of a child with Attention Deficit and a professional who works with children, this course will help me both personally and professionally.