Back to ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students by University at Buffalo

This course will provide an overview of ADHD diagnosis and treatment. Course participants can expect to learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder that begins early in childhood, and participants will also learn about evidence-based approaches for diagnosing ADHD. Following that, two evidence-based treatment approaches (the Daily Report Card and Parenting Strategies) will be introduced. (Note these course activities are informational and are not intended to replace working with a licensed/trained professional). Learning Objectives: Students will be able to identify the behaviors characteristic of ADHD, the components of a diagnosis, and evidence-based treatment procedures that can be used in the school or home. 1. Identify the key areas of functional impairment, symptom presentation, and diagnostic decision-making for youth with ADHD. 2. Develop a behavioral intervention suitable for treating ADHD in the school setting. 3. Apply effective parenting and teaching strategies for supporting youth with ADHD in the home, classroom, and neighborhood....

AB
Oct 19, 2020

Very easy to follow and informative course. Learned some things that I didn't know even though I have two children with ADHD. Would definitely recommend to parents who are wondering what they can do.

HK
Nov 1, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed doing the course.Very interesting activities and quizzes. Lots of useful information and effective strategies for parents and teachers. Real hands on and practical suggestions.

51 - 75 of 515 Reviews for ADHD: Everyday Strategies for Elementary Students

By Carol S

Jul 19, 2017

Was a great intro to the subject of ADHD. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction to a range of practical and informative websites, forms, and (for me the meta-talk) lexical to quickly communicate with other professionals working with these students.

thanks!

By Inna I

Mar 3, 2020

This course was very useful and direct to the point..I really appreciate that this course didn't focus on diagnosis but on strategies for helping kids. It gives me options that I can use in school when it comes to dealing with the students.Thank you very much!

By Тогайбаева А

Nov 8, 2020

Thanks a lot for useful and helpful materials and videos aboutstudents with ADHD. But it will be great if I earned a certificate. My financial aid was approved on the 26 th of October and I passed thhis course and I didn;t get my certificate. Can you help me?

By Jorge A M V

Jul 17, 2019

Enfocado en lo que se necesita saber sobre las formas de atender el TDAH, me gusta mucho como esta enfocado en resaltar los aspectos positivos que la niña o el niño puedan tener y el énfasis que hace sobre reforzar las áreas más limitadas en su desarrollo

By Mamtha V S

Jun 21, 2019

This is an excellent course with very good information on ADHD. It covers everything right from what it is, causes, diagnosis, treatment options, et.al. Not to mention that it also has an excellent reading material and resource toolkit. Overall 5 star.

By Ghada R

Feb 19, 2021

I LIKE THE COURSE SO MUCH WORKING WITH A DIFFRENT SCALE OF KIDS IN A DAILY BASIS NEEDS YOU TO BE AWERE OF DIFFERENT KIND OF BEHAVIORES AND HOW YOU CAN MANAGE IT AND THIS COURSE GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUINTY TO HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU 😊

By Amanda A

Apr 20, 2018

The modules are very consistent and organized to contribute with our knowledge. All the sites and extra resources are very useful. It was an amazing course. The teacher taught a lot of important tools and strategies to help kids with ADHD.

By Luis G Z O

Mar 29, 2021

I used to look for courses that help to do my job more efficiently on helping the parents to rise happy children even if they have difficulties and, I found this course very practical, useful without unnecessary information.

Thank you.

By Andrea T S

Jan 23, 2019

This was a simple and effective course. As a classroom teacher it had lots of good reminders of important strategies I should be using more consistently. As well there were a few new tidbits of information. Very useful! Thanks so much!

By MAMTA G

May 4, 2021

Indeed lot of valuable inputs from each faculty. Thankyou so much for such wonderful and an informative sessions.The small tips for handling ADHD child in classroom environment is really going to be a great help. Thanks ones again.

By Ger K

Jun 8, 2017

I think that this is such a wonderful resource to any parent or teacher who has any questions around ADHD. The course is succinct, easily digestible and something that you can come back to again and again. Well done on this course!

By Ana M F d C

Mar 9, 2020

Excellent course. Succinct, objective, clear presentations, great resources. As a parent of a child with Attention Deficit and a professional who works with children, this course will help me both personally and professionally.

By Ann K

Feb 13, 2018

It's been so interesting to learn this course. Information for me personally is not in such a large number, but necessary. I like the presentation of material in the form of presentation and additional sources of information

By Mireya D

Aug 26, 2017

Es un muy buen curso, super fácil de entender, practico, con ejemplo muy claros de las situaciones que se viven a diario en el aula y en casa, te ofrece excelente estrategias para aplicar de inmediato. Super recomendable.

By Cathrine

Sep 18, 2019

Short, well-structured and up to the point course. No unnecessary information. Really helpful additional resources. I'd recommend this course to everyone who work with kids, not only those ones with ADHD. Thank you.

By GIRIJAKUMARI R

May 2, 2020

Very informative. I have learned various strategy in the management of ADHD.

But only at the end of the session it came to know that completion certificate only for paid members. Otherwise ADHD knowledge are worthy.

By Erica C

May 3, 2020

Overall, the course was concise and apt for a brief understanding of the basic concepts of ADHD. The intervention strategy was definitely a novel lesson for me in terms of intervention for the treatment of ADHD.

By Meagan H

Mar 25, 2018

A wealth of useful and practical (which is most valuable in my opinion) information on not only helping a child with ADHD succeed, but helping the adults in said child's life understand the nature of ADHD better.

By Aida K

Jun 27, 2021

Thank you very much. a very valuable course! I already started implementing what I have learned with my own son and hope to implement everything I discovered as soon as possible in my classroom.

Thank you again.

By Jelena M

May 14, 2017

Very organized and very useful course! Good strategies are shown and how to make differences working, living and having a quality time (by quality time I mean how we can organize time) with children with ADHD.

By Alyssa J P

Sep 14, 2020

The professor explains the topic very well and the resource materials are great. It's much easier to study this course compared to others yet it is very insightful. Thank you for the free learning experience!

By Cristina B

Oct 7, 2016

Great tips for parents and teachers. Useful tools for classrooms and resources to work in home with a child with ADHD. I strongly recommend this course if you're a teacher or a parent with a child with ADHD.

By Melissa M

Jan 27, 2018

I learnt few strategies to deal with ADHD children, I was given lots of valuable materials and resources to increase my knowledge about the topic and it was short but enjoyable. So I recommend this course.

By Diego B M

Nov 29, 2017

Es una pena para las personas que no se manejen bien con el Inglés porque me ha parecido un curso bastante completo y que aporta muchas estrategias para mejorar a la hora de convivir con personas con tdah.

By Sunaira

Aug 21, 2019

My name is Sunaira. I am 27 years old. It is a great experience to learn ADHD course. Apart from that, it gave me a lot of knowledge through which i was far away.

Thanks for making these courses for us.