Back to Advanced MySQL Topics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced MySQL Topics by Meta

In this course, you'll begin to push beyond simple SQL statements in MySQL to an advanced level in database engineering. By the end of this course, you'll be able to: - Use control statements and variables in different contexts in MySQL - Develop user defined functions and procedures - Optimize MySQL database queries - Demonstrate a working knowledge of common table expressions and the JSON data type - Understand how and when to use triggers and events - Utilize subqueries, JOINS, views and transactions to perform data analysis - and use database optimization techniques such as MySQL transactions You'll gain experience with the following advanced MySQL database skills: - MySQL user defined functions - Advanced MySQL stored procedures - MySQL optimization techniques including Indexes, Transactions, CTE and JSON - MySQL triggers and events - Database analytics in MySQL - Advanced SQL queries for data analysis with JOINS, views and subqueries Through this course you'll develop new skills, improve your productivity, learn to act effectively with data and boost your career prospects. To be successful in this course, you should have already completed the previous course, “Database Structures and Management with MySQL,” or have prior experience with the skills taught in that course....

SI

Dec 10, 2022

Learned a bunch of new SQL topics here.. I recommend this to anyone interested in improving their SQL skills. Don't forget to expand your understanding via any other resources out there.

Good one!

LP

Jan 5, 2023

Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn Advanced MySql learn New things with crisp and clearly Taught Menter and Meta and Coursera thanks for help me..

1 - 16 of 16 Reviews for Advanced MySQL Topics

By Carl S

Dec 30, 2022

Much more involved than the intro course, but so well presented and organized that I really flourished. I feel pretty confident in my ability to work in and with MySQL, and comfortable with the resources available to fine tune the syntax. Probably the single best module I have taken thus far on Coursera.

By Bernard D R

Jan 8, 2023

All I can say is that this course literally provides an advanced concepts of SQL commands and a deep dive of not-so-often used and complex MySQL features. I learned a lot though I think I need to revisit most of the topics as it is not easy to memorize those syntax :) Great work, Meta!

By Abdullah Z

Nov 12, 2022

Really good and comprehensive course but the problem is that the instructor speaks too fast and sometimes its difficult to grasp the concept due to that. Would really appreciate it if this isn't the case with the other courses in this professional certificate.

By Sidney I

Dec 11, 2022

Good one!

By Logeshwaran P

Jan 6, 2023

By Manuel A

Jan 2, 2023

Great course! in all fairness they did a very good job with this course, in my opinion that is.

By Aman U R S

Dec 6, 2022

Great Course, Some advanced topics needs more explanation but overall a great course.

By alfin f

Dec 9, 2022

help me improve mysql skills

By Matias L C

Jan 5, 2023

I found it really useful!

By Oseloka I

Nov 7, 2022

bad audio quality

By Pranshul M

Nov 23, 2022

Difficult to access their labs.

By Fe c

Nov 3, 2022

TRASHHHHHH! Not helpful. Quizes do not provide solutions. LAB's needs CODE to be WRITTEN better and accurately.

By Giuliano

Jan 10, 2023

Missing information and badly taught