Back to Algae Biotechnology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algae Biotechnology by University of California San Diego

For decades, researchers have been studying microalgae to understand their biological functions and how we can use technology to harness algae’s power to create a wide range of commercial products. In this course, we will cover how synthetic biology, genetic engineering, and metabolic engineering is used in algae biotechnology, and also examine the current state of algae biotechnology research and tools. We’ll also explore some of the common bio-products we can make from algae, and take a look at some real-world algae companies that are using algae biotechnology to create products consumers can buy today. This course is part of a series of courses produced by the Algae Technology Educational Consortium and UC San Diego with funding from the Algae Foundation, National Renewable Energy Lab, and the U.S. Department of Energy....

SN
Feb 21, 2021

Extremely relevant course, suitable for students from a broad range of backgrounds, and very well presented!

DW
Mar 28, 2021

Great course! I really learned a lot. I really liked having different lecturers during the course.

1 - 15 of 15 Reviews for Algae Biotechnology

By Shrihari N

Feb 22, 2021

By Yaroslav T

Jan 18, 2021

The course provides an interesting overview over current state of affairs in algae biotechnology around the world, the available products and ideas, and the techniques used for selection, analysis and modification of the organisms, as well as product development. The lectures are of varying quality, some of them are truly informative, some sound like a sales pitch for the company in question, and some, sadly, sound like reading off power-point slides. Altogether though the course is definitely worth the time - especially if you have some background in biotechnology, bioinformatics or microbiology, but would like to know what you can actually do with it in the real world, and where to go from here.

By U19BO038 S S

Feb 27, 2021

I NEED TO GAIN THE KNOWLEDGE IN THIS INTENSHIP. IT HELP ME TO UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING THIS COURSE. I HAVE LEARN MANY THINGS IN THIS. I AM VERY THANKFUL TO GAVE THIS OPPUNTIUNITY TO HAVE THE KNOWLEDGABLE THINGS. THANK YOU, I NEED THE INTERNSHIP CERITIFATE ALSO.

YOUR OBEDIENTLY,

J. SHERIN SILVIYA

By CARLOS V B

Jan 22, 2021

Es un curso básico pero es muy interesante ver los ejemplos de las compañías biotecnológicas basadas en la investigación con algas.

By Daniel J W

Mar 29, 2021

By yhan d

Jan 18, 2021

thank you for all the new knowledge i have gained in this course..im glad i enrolled here:)

By WIRINDUGE A (

Apr 10, 2021

I think this course will be important to my future career. Thank you all.

By M J

Mar 20, 2021

thanks you for the course, very very interesting.

By Fassi F R

Jan 15, 2021

excellent course I learned a lot thank you

Apr 2, 2021

It is very helpful for learning

By Gayathri D

Feb 4, 2021

Excellent

By Leticia M d M

Jan 22, 2021

Awesome content, I just think the lecturer could have rehearsed a little bit more. Also, there was an error in one of the video, when the presenter says "We feed sugar to the algae as a source of carbon, instead of light" which is not right since sunlight is not a source of carbon, but a source of energy

By Akanksha s