Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

251 - 275 of 1,394 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By ANIL K G

Dec 05, 2018

Its increased my thinking ability, now I am way to write efficient algorithm ad well as program. I recommend to every programmer should join this course and take advantage.

By Andreas M

Dec 18, 2017

This course teaches the basics of algorithms. I watched it on 1.75 times speed with pauses at important points, because a lot of it is repetitive, especially the beginning.

By Jimut B P

Jan 26, 2017

superb programming assignments, created sophisticated logic for solving high edge problems using O(log n) or O(n logn) complexity, this was very challenging and nice course

By Shivraj S

Jan 31, 2019

Enjoyed the course. Would really appreciate if the auto-grader for assignments was for individual questions instead of all the questions clubbed together in an assignment.

By Syed Z

Apr 21, 2020

Awesome explanation by lecturers n the problems they provide are bit tough,but it increase our thinking capacity n the implementation of algorithms to the exact problem!!

By Andres F O G

It's a very good course, I love the fact that we learn through exercises, even though some exercises can be challenging you learn a lot by at least trying to solve them.

By madhav n

May 15, 2020

A very helpful course. helped me a lot in knowing the depth of DP, Greedy algorithms. In all a must course for beginners who want to strengthen their base of algorithms.

By Abdous M

Aug 21, 2019

My first MOOC, I learned so much, the lessons are clear and the exercises diversified, I encourage everyone to do the Algorithmic Toolbox, you will surely not regret it.

By Christopher W

Feb 01, 2020

I loved this course! Very thorough and clear explanations of the concepts, and projects that were a stretch but at the same time I didn't feel thrown into the deep end.

By Divya S

Sep 03, 2019

Very good base in algorithms! My only request is, please reply to forum comments as it is difficult when programs fail and we do not know the test cases they failed on!

By Wong L L

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent introduction to algorithms, though it can be quite challenging for beginners. Very good assignments for practice too. Good job to the course content creators.

By Manuel P

Jan 19, 2019

I feel really challenged about this course, things were becoming tough but with the help of the videos i totally understood the main idea behind every algorithm taught

By Vadim S

Dec 26, 2019

I've learned a big deal from this course and I want to thank all the wonderful people who prepared this course, taught it and otherwise made this possible. Thank you!

By Jashandeep S

Sep 19, 2019

This is my first course on coursera and i am very much excited to learn, Now after completing this course i am very much excited to learn other new stuff on coursera.

By Piyush T

Sep 01, 2018

It is an excellent course that helped me rise above my fears. Specially in Dynamic Programming. The Instructors have put really a great effort in making this course.

By Sai G S

It was a great course. The Level of Questions were great. Though they were difficult to solve, it gave a great joy in solving them. A Wonderful Course in my opinion

By BALAGA V K

May 13, 2020

Good Course, I like the part that we can select our programming language, The programming assignments are really helpful to practice and understanding the concept.

By Sebastian I E J

Mar 14, 2018

Highly engaging and challenging course. Helped me fill the gaps from the time I studied this subject at University. Recommended for CS students and graduates alike.

By Михаил А О

Apr 26, 2020

It was a great challenge and best time spending on #stayathome. Thank you very much. I will recommend this course to everybody and will try other ones at coursera.

By MD N

Apr 19, 2020

I would suggest everyone to take this course who wants to study Algorithms.the assignments are tough to solve.i gained much knowledge how to handle big problems..

By Varun R

Aug 17, 2019

This is an excellent course for beginner programmers. The assignments are very helpful. Worth spending time on. I learned a lot during the weeks I did this course.

By Mohit K

Aug 09, 2017

This course is exactly what I wanted . Although I know the programming languages I wanted to know how to use it to build some good algorithms. Really great course.

By Phat L

Apr 09, 2017

The lectures and exercises are awesome. I can not believe it I can solve hard problems by myself. Now I'm very confident to talk about algorithms. Thanks creators.

By Hamdy E

Nov 15, 2018

i Really learned A lot from The Course Helped Me , to look into problems from Different ways and how to logically think of a faster algorithm to solve the problem

By Akshay M

Oct 29, 2016

A great course for beginners. I learnt a lot of new things from the course especially the really efficient and much needed algorithmic techniques. Had great fun!!