Back to Vowels of American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vowels of American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

This is the second course of The Pronunciation of American English specialization. In this course, you will learn and practice all of the vowel sounds of American English, including pairs of vowels that may be easy to confuse. Each week you will receive practical advice from successful English learners and practice an effective technique called shadowing to improve your pronunciation of vowel sounds. You will also have opportunities to record yourself and to respond to the recordings of other learners. Only learners who pay for the course will be able to take the graded quizzes or submit assignments for feedback. The free version provides access to the lectures and practice activities only....

NN

Jun 27, 2020

Very helpful. This course provides a core for learning vowels pronunciation and truly shows interesting information that I've never learnt before when studying at compulsory school.

KP

Jul 31, 2020

It's a great course that helps non-native speakers to understand the native speakers' conversations and speak in English with an American accent.

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Vowels of American English Pronunciation

By Nguyen T N N

Jun 27, 2020

By Angel R A J

I would strongly recommend this course, it was a fascinating journey, You will enjoy so much that you can become addicted to do it and to improve your pronunciation.

By Md I H

Jun 15, 2020

This course is a good start for setting your pronunciation. I have got an idea how to use my mouth correctly while saying certain sounds. I'm more conscious pronouncing vowel sounds, I understood how finally to correct my mistakes that made my speech difficult to be understood. 3 stars because I didn't see any active involvement of the managers of the course or teachers. There were certain mistakes in the tests that lowered my score. Peer review is not valuable, the rubrics are not clear what exactly to evaluate.. I don't understand why pay for the certificate... I wish I could get some valuable feedback on my pronunciation.

By Kelum P

Jul 31, 2020

By Dino P C

Jul 27, 2020

Great content! I would suggest it to anyone who wants to master American English Pronunciation.

By Rosa C

Aug 06, 2020

I love it .. this course is excelllent to improve your learning pronunciation ....

By Fernando H U

Sep 06, 2020

Definitely, this is the best course of pronunciation available.

By Maha B

Jun 24, 2020

Very well designed, organized, and sequenced course.

By Daniel H M A

Aug 13, 2020

It's a perfect course!

By Marjona R

Sep 18, 2020

I love it

By Renato d S P

I enjoyed this course, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn or brush up on their American English vowel sounds.

By Kelly R

Jun 02, 2020

Great content. Problem is not enough peers sometimes and some that do not understand grading criteria.

By Noriko Z

Jun 25, 2020

I think it's a very useful course for many people with simple explanations to make vowel sounds. Yet, as some learners mentioned, the mouth shape figures are a little too simplified and they are mainly from the side, meaning that there were not any other detailed mouth views from the front or any other angles or any photo or video-like real life views..

Also, it is quite a pity that some quizzes include errors but not fixed at all. I would like the staff people responsible for the course would check what the learners post in Discussion section, otherwise w e have no communication places to post any problems. Thank you.