Back to Vowels of American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vowels of American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

This is the second course of The Pronunciation of American English specialization. In this course, you will learn and practice all of the vowel sounds of American English, including pairs of vowels that may be easy to confuse. Each week you will receive practical advice from successful English learners and practice an effective technique called shadowing to improve your pronunciation of vowel sounds. You will also have opportunities to record yourself and to respond to the recordings of other learners. Only learners who pay for the course will be able to take the graded quizzes or submit assignments for feedback. The free version provides access to the lectures and practice activities only....

NN

Jun 26, 2020

Very helpful. This course provides a core for learning vowels pronunciation and truly shows interesting information that I've never learnt before when studying at compulsory school.

CC

Feb 20, 2021

Well structured. Good instructors, Good lecture.\n\nRecommend for all who want to improve English pronunciation especially those who learn English as a second language like me.

26 - 49 of 49 Reviews for Vowels of American English Pronunciation

By Laura V R N

Jan 18, 2021

Very useful! I am so delighted with this course

By Elizabeth R M

Apr 27, 2021

I loved this course. Thanks a lot, teachers.

By Quân T

Nov 4, 2021

The best course for practice pronunciation

By Maybelle A R P

Jan 12, 2021

This course is very enjoyable to learn.

By LORGIA E C G

Dec 30, 2020

Excellent course, thanks a lot.

By Kerima I

May 17, 2021

I am thankful from this course

By Cam T m

Feb 4, 2021

awesome

By Lianne m H B

Apr 21, 2021

good

By Lester S E

Nov 10, 2020

Good

By Fabiana R d R

Jun 30, 2021

I have liked the courses of this specialization a lot. I have only one but: the recorded assignments are dialogues and we need to record BOTH "characters". This makes the recording VERY artificial. Although I can understand why they were chosen, I would like to see a monologue like a presentation or speech in exercises rather than a dialogue, it would be more natural and authentic. Many people end up reading more than really speaking because it's really hard to mimic intonation when the situation is unreal.

Other than that, the course material is GREAT.

By Franklin S

Jan 30, 2021

4 because it's really hard when you have to wait more than a week for an assignment review, on the other hand the material and classes were fantastic.

By Renato P

I enjoyed this course, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn or brush up on their American English vowel sounds.

By Kelly R

Jun 2, 2020

Great content. Problem is not enough peers sometimes and some that do not understand grading criteria.

By Nguyen V T

Sep 30, 2021

Good course for me!! But some review peer from classmate not mind :<