Back to Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles by University of Alberta

Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles is a four-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of the evolutionary changes that occur when air-breathing terrestrial animals return to water. This course examines the diversity, adaptations, convergence, and phylogenetic relationships of extinct marine reptiles. Students will explore three major groups of marine reptiles: ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/paleontology-marine-reptiles...

JC
Apr 1, 2016

An excellent introduction to the sometimes overlooked marine predators that lived alongside the dinosaurs! A lot of detail is presented here, so be prepared to act like a sponge and soak it all up.

DB
Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the course & finding out about the creatures that have fascinated me for years. The course was very well structured in logical sections that enabled me to study when I wanted.

76 - 100 of 263 Reviews for Paleontology: Ancient Marine Reptiles

By Wendy L

Jul 27, 2017

As with all UAlberta Coursera courses, this one is full of information and makes you think about the topics. Thanks for another excellent course!

By Alejandro C R

Sep 2, 2020

I recommend this course, academically excellent and serious, well documented. I have learned new knowledge of paleontology. Congratulations !!

By Stepan I

Mar 30, 2020

This course was one of the hardest between the courses of ancient vertebrates from the University of Alberta.

I really enjoyed all of then!

By Kazunori M

Feb 11, 2017

Wonderful ! I have not been know about ancient Marine Reptiles until today. So, I am really thank you to teach and give knowledge for me.

By Diane E

Apr 20, 2016

Another wonderful course from University of Alberta. Scott Persons is a great lecturer. Material is interesting and well structured.

By fernando g u

May 12, 2018

Por fin comencé a vislumbrar el problema acuático de nuestros antepasados ​​más lejanos. El espectacular árbol filogenético.

Gracias

By Colin C

Nov 19, 2019

Fascinating insight into the variety of marine reptiles which evolved following their return to the water. A very enjoyable course.

By Joseph A J M

Jul 13, 2020

All the course was very interesting and the professor was excelent learning about ancient marine reptiles, he known all, amazing!

By Judith S

May 3, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and appreciated how flexible it was. The notes and videos provided were extremely thorough and clear.

By HAMMAD U R B

Jul 8, 2020

Learning this course was like living in that era of earth. Really great course to learn regarding great animals of earth history

By Javier E S A

Oct 16, 2020

Contenidos muy claros sobre el tema, que motivan a continuar estudiando estos animales asombrosos (dinosaurios) y su evolución.

By Kailey g

Nov 30, 2019

I love this course and i recommend the other paleontology courses, these are huge help and it also looks good on future resumes

By Preslee C

Apr 29, 2020

This is a very detailed class that I really enjoyed! You'll be amazed by how much you'll learn and how much details they give!

By Manuel J L M

Apr 30, 2017

Excellent course of current knowledge of Marine reptiles from Mesozoic age. Thanks for accept me as free student, best wishes.

By Alexandra G

Apr 22, 2018

Great courses, the note are really well done and the teacher is passionnate by the subject. Very interesting, I learnt a lot.

By Mick T

Apr 14, 2020

Excellent! I live near the North Sulphur River and hunt for fossils as often as I can. This class was very helpful for me!

By Gerald V

May 22, 2016

superb presentations following the three major divisions of marine reptiles from their origins to their eventual extinctions

By Bronwyn B C

Jun 13, 2020

This was a very excellent course as I want to learn more about animals in preparation the study as a veterinary technician.

By Brian K

Oct 10, 2020

This is a fabulous course! Wonderful text, educational videos and a highly enthusiastic instructor. Highly recommended.

By Skyla C

Feb 13, 2017

I love this course! I have learned so much, and the quizzes are so nice and short. They don't give me time to stress!!!

By Steve M

May 18, 2016

Another excellent course from the University of Alberta. A real privilege to have the opportunity to learn in this way.

By Barrie M

Oct 9, 2016

No frills honest conjecture. Presentation material ocassionally looses to the tech but great with a chance of hiccups.

By Christine S

Apr 7, 2020

Great lecturer and course material. Never thought I'd even be able to say Ichthyopterygian, much less pass with 100%.

By Fernando R E

Jul 21, 2016

Fantastic! I would love some more of this teaching approach on other animals groups! i.e. Pterosaurs, whales, etc.

By Valerie E L

Mar 12, 2020

This course was thorough and easy to follow, with great resources to use and interactive sessions during lessons!