Back to Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry by Case Western Reserve University

47 reviews

Appreciative Inquiry is a collaborative and constructive inquiry process that searches for everything that gives life to organizations, communities, and larger human systems when they are most alive, effective, creative and healthy in their interconnected ecology of relationships. To appreciate, quite simply, means to value and to recognize that which has value—it is a way of knowing and valuing the best in life. In the language of Positive Organizational Scholarship it means a research focus—a positive bias—seeking fresh understanding of dynamics described by words like excellence, thriving, abundance, resilience, or exceptional and life-giving. In this context the word appreciate means to value those things of value—it is a mode of knowing often connected to the idea of esthetic appreciation in the arts. To appreciate also means to be grateful or thankful for—it is a way of being and maintaining a positive stance along the path of life's journey. And not incidentally, to appreciate is to increase in value too. Combining the three—appreciation as a way of knowing, as a way of being and as an increase in value– suggests that Appreciative Inquiry is simultaneously a life-centric form of study and a constructive mode of practice. As a form of study, Appreciative Inquiry focuses on searching systematically for those capacities and processes that give life and strength and possibility to a living system; and as a constructive mode of practice, it aims at designing and crafting human organizations through a process in which valuing and creating are viewed as one, and where inquiry and change are powerfully related and understood as a seamless and integral whole Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry is a course dedicated to advancing our understanding and skill in leading strength-based change and on how to create, foster and manage organizations in which people thrive and perform at their best....

SD

Nov 07, 2018

Really enjoyed this course, it was a great learning opportunity and I look forward to continuing to put the things I learned into real world practice. The concepts taught have real po

KB

Sep 02, 2017

Great learning from Ron Fry, who created Appreciative Inquiry along with Cooperider. Course goes into right level of depth. Highly recommend!

1 - 25 of 47 Reviews for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

By Steven L S Y

Jun 11, 2019

Excellent course. Clear and concise.

My only complain is the transcripts for the videos contain errors, but they are minor.

By Dhanashree K

May 16, 2019

Excellent Course

By Ann J

May 15, 2019

An interesting concept brought alive by the faculty very well

By Vipul U

Mar 28, 2019

Very easy to understand,practical examples ,assignments make it like on campus Instructor led program,felt like being on the campus of university.

100% I will be able to apply in my work & personal life.My colleagues & family members will also benefit from this course.Would strongly recommend to people who are aspiring to make impact & grow.

Prof Ronald Fry made it so easy to understand & follow difficult concepts.Real case studies were very informative.

By Nidhi S

Feb 22, 2019

This is an amazing course which impacts the learner positively and makes him able to be a leader who can bring change and drive any change in his team and ecosystem in a very positive way.

It was an enriching experience to learn fine techniques of appreciative inquiry in this course.

Thanks Coursera and most importantly thanks to Professor Ronald Fry for being an amazing teacher of this amazing course. The shine and positivity on his face in those videos was definitely a booster.

Love

By marta b a

Feb 10, 2019

I can refer a lot of concept discussed in this course to my daily work and got a lot of inspiration and ideas of how to implement AI into my team and department operations. This course opened my eyes to the power of positive emotions and strengths - based change process definition. I truly believe this is the right way to approach change and transformation and assures sustainability and well-being.

By Sofia R

Dec 13, 2018

It would be great to have the Professor's feedback on our assignments at least at the end of the course.

By Susan D

Nov 07, 2018

By Elaine W

Nov 05, 2018

A great course about an interesting topic. A great deal is duplicated from other leadership courses in the series however.

By Fabio S

Oct 17, 2018

Great Framework to learn!

By Joy S

Oct 14, 2018

Innovative. Could probably work miracles. Only not giving this class 5 stars because it has the dreaded peer review.

By Zita M

Sep 05, 2018

Very useful, practical, thank you for the possibility to learn about AI!

By Randolph C

Jul 22, 2018

So far, I have found it particularly useful in my personal life. I will be applying it as a consultant soon, and I am sure it will be successful. I do consider that AI should be used together with other tools that may handle elements such as optimism bias and conflict management, such as the teachings of Nobel Laureate in Economics Daniel Kahnemann and the difficult conversation approach of Harvard's Negotiation Project.

Prof Fry by the way is an excellent instructor. It would be fantastic to have him here in Costa Rica soon.

By Vikram A M

Jul 21, 2018

An excellent course. The course has provided me with an amply clear understanding of AI and its applications. The reading material was very good. Prof Fry's lectures were clear and to the point. Prof Fry's ability to mix practical explanation of applications and case studies helped me understand AI much better than what I knew before I had started the course. Thank you very much

By Nicole C

Jun 25, 2018

I thought this was a very good course with good use of examples. At times I thought it moved a little slowly and found the professor's style hard to tune into for very long, but I appreciate that reiteration helps the lessons sink in.

By Laura M

Jun 24, 2018

Great course. I definitely reccomend it to leaders, consultants, trainers. It gives you not only a very useful tool, but allows you to start changing your mindset. You can start experiencing the results on yourself since the first excercise.

By María d C O R

May 26, 2018

Excelente, esperanzador, con una clara y conmovedora exposición del Profesor Ronald Fry.

Muchas gracias

By Geethalakshmi P

May 06, 2018

Nice

By André B

May 03, 2018

This course really helped deepen my understanding of Appreciative Inquiry. I'm seeing opportunities to use it everywhere in my work.

By Carmen O

Apr 30, 2018

Excelente curso, excelente material y tutores.

By Kelli S

Apr 25, 2018

I learned so much from this course. The skills and strategies are applicable to a number of situations in education and I can't wait to use appreciative inquiry strategies both with my classes and in meetings.

By PRANAV S

Apr 07, 2018

Very Good Session, It help me a lot to get the change in myself and best is 4 D concept

By Anna B

Jan 07, 2018

Great concepts and clear process, thank you very much! The course was very helpful

By Nooruddin B M

Dec 25, 2017

I got to know a little about Appreciative Inquiry two years ago. I was looking for a course which could help me expand my knowledge and understanding. This course was very helpful in broadening my understanding about AI and how to use it from personal and organizational development perspective. It helped me expand my understanding about leading for change using AI as a tool. A highly recommended course for managers.

By Guillaume B

Dec 10, 2017

Ronald Fry does a great course on appreciative inquiry, the approach he and David Cooperrider developed since 1997.