Back to Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry by Case Western Reserve University

Appreciative Inquiry is a collaborative and constructive inquiry process that searches for everything that gives life to organizations, communities, and larger human systems when they are most alive, effective, creative and healthy in their interconnected ecology of relationships. To appreciate, quite simply, means to value and to recognize that which has value—it is a way of knowing and valuing the best in life. In the language of Positive Organizational Scholarship it means a research focus—a positive bias—seeking fresh understanding of dynamics described by words like excellence, thriving, abundance, resilience, or exceptional and life-giving. In this context the word appreciate means to value those things of value—it is a mode of knowing often connected to the idea of esthetic appreciation in the arts. To appreciate also means to be grateful or thankful for—it is a way of being and maintaining a positive stance along the path of life's journey. And not incidentally, to appreciate is to increase in value too. Combining the three—appreciation as a way of knowing, as a way of being and as an increase in value– suggests that Appreciative Inquiry is simultaneously a life-centric form of study and a constructive mode of practice. As a form of study, Appreciative Inquiry focuses on searching systematically for those capacities and processes that give life and strength and possibility to a living system; and as a constructive mode of practice, it aims at designing and crafting human organizations through a process in which valuing and creating are viewed as one, and where inquiry and change are powerfully related and understood as a seamless and integral whole Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry is a course dedicated to advancing our understanding and skill in leading strength-based change and on how to create, foster and manage organizations in which people thrive and perform at their best....

SD

Nov 07, 2018

Really enjoyed this course, it was a great learning opportunity and I look forward to continuing to put the things I learned into real world practice. The concepts taught have real po

RE

Jul 22, 2019

Thank you for this excellent course. It was rigorous, robust, and very meaningful.\n\nI plan to do more work in the are of Leading Positive Change.\n\nAll the best,\n\nRob

1 - 25 of 52 Reviews for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

By Sofia R

Dec 13, 2018

It would be great to have the Professor's feedback on our assignments at least at the end of the course.

By Susan D

Nov 07, 2018

By marta b a

Feb 10, 2019

I can refer a lot of concept discussed in this course to my daily work and got a lot of inspiration and ideas of how to implement AI into my team and department operations. This course opened my eyes to the power of positive emotions and strengths - based change process definition. I truly believe this is the right way to approach change and transformation and assures sustainability and well-being.

By Nidhi S

Feb 22, 2019

This is an amazing course which impacts the learner positively and makes him able to be a leader who can bring change and drive any change in his team and ecosystem in a very positive way.

It was an enriching experience to learn fine techniques of appreciative inquiry in this course.

Thanks Coursera and most importantly thanks to Professor Ronald Fry for being an amazing teacher of this amazing course. The shine and positivity on his face in those videos was definitely a booster.

Love

By Randolph C

Jul 22, 2018

So far, I have found it particularly useful in my personal life. I will be applying it as a consultant soon, and I am sure it will be successful. I do consider that AI should be used together with other tools that may handle elements such as optimism bias and conflict management, such as the teachings of Nobel Laureate in Economics Daniel Kahnemann and the difficult conversation approach of Harvard's Negotiation Project.

Prof Fry by the way is an excellent instructor. It would be fantastic to have him here in Costa Rica soon.

By Vikram A M

Jul 21, 2018

An excellent course. The course has provided me with an amply clear understanding of AI and its applications. The reading material was very good. Prof Fry's lectures were clear and to the point. Prof Fry's ability to mix practical explanation of applications and case studies helped me understand AI much better than what I knew before I had started the course. Thank you very much

By Zita M

Sep 05, 2018

Very useful, practical, thank you for the possibility to learn about AI!

By Fabio S

Oct 17, 2018

Great Framework to learn!

By André B

May 03, 2018

This course really helped deepen my understanding of Appreciative Inquiry. I'm seeing opportunities to use it everywhere in my work.

By Marcella A C J

May 30, 2017

E

By PRANAV S

Apr 07, 2018

Very Good Session, It help me a lot to get the change in myself and best is 4 D concept

By Karen B

Sep 02, 2017

Great learning from Ron Fry, who created Appreciative Inquiry along with Cooperider. Course goes into right level of depth. Highly recommend!

By Mahesh P

Nov 13, 2017

Fantastic learning experience in this course. Never imagined such a positive outcome was possible until I read the case studies and heard the testimonials. Also the best part was trying it on. Loved the course. Highly recommend it to everyone.

By Kelli S

Apr 25, 2018

I learned so much from this course. The skills and strategies are applicable to a number of situations in education and I can't wait to use appreciative inquiry strategies both with my classes and in meetings.

By María d C O R

May 26, 2018

Excelente, esperanzador, con una clara y conmovedora exposición del Profesor Ronald Fry.

Muchas gracias

By Fabio M V

Aug 28, 2017

Great course!

By Marcelo B Y

Oct 25, 2016

Great methodology, provides all you require to be able to apply it in real life.

By Amanda W C

Jan 10, 2017

Este curso é fantástico! Consegui perceber várias possibilidade de utilização da IA na minha atuação na área de desenvolvimento organizacional. O curso consegue ensinar a metodologia e também a mudança de modelo mental.

By lindsay l

Feb 09, 2017

Really superb! Great PLAs, fantastic stories, very tangible but also steeped in theory and research.

By Boris K

Nov 22, 2016

Wonderful practical course!

By Joel G

Jun 04, 2016

Great material. The inclusion of case studies definitely helps.

By Valentijn d L

Jun 27, 2016

This course is straightforward, and at the same time deep going. the reading and available books on the topic, enable considerable in depth study. I find the work load very reasonable, still I have the impression I have learnt a lot.