Back to Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry by Case Western Reserve University

Appreciative Inquiry is a collaborative and constructive inquiry process that searches for everything that gives life to organizations, communities, and larger human systems when they are most alive, effective, creative and healthy in their interconnected ecology of relationships. To appreciate, quite simply, means to value and to recognize that which has value—it is a way of knowing and valuing the best in life. In the language of Positive Organizational Scholarship it means a research focus—a positive bias—seeking fresh understanding of dynamics described by words like excellence, thriving, abundance, resilience, or exceptional and life-giving. In this context the word appreciate means to value those things of value—it is a mode of knowing often connected to the idea of esthetic appreciation in the arts. To appreciate also means to be grateful or thankful for—it is a way of being and maintaining a positive stance along the path of life's journey. And not incidentally, to appreciate is to increase in value too. Combining the three—appreciation as a way of knowing, as a way of being and as an increase in value– suggests that Appreciative Inquiry is simultaneously a life-centric form of study and a constructive mode of practice. As a form of study, Appreciative Inquiry focuses on searching systematically for those capacities and processes that give life and strength and possibility to a living system; and as a constructive mode of practice, it aims at designing and crafting human organizations through a process in which valuing and creating are viewed as one, and where inquiry and change are powerfully related and understood as a seamless and integral whole Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry is a course dedicated to advancing our understanding and skill in leading strength-based change and on how to create, foster and manage organizations in which people thrive and perform at their best....

SD

Nov 07, 2018

Really enjoyed this course, it was a great learning opportunity and I look forward to continuing to put the things I learned into real world practice. The concepts taught have real po

RE

Jul 22, 2019

Thank you for this excellent course. It was rigorous, robust, and very meaningful.\n\nI plan to do more work in the are of Leading Positive Change.\n\nAll the best,\n\nRob

51 - 53 of 53 Reviews for Leading Positive Change through Appreciative Inquiry

By Naoum L

Aug 01, 2016

I am working as an organisational consultant and thought this would add some knowledge - however it is really difficult to follow because it seems repetitive to me... I have paid for the certificate and still it is difficult for me to focus. It seems there is too much information and too much talk for things that are easily understood and do not need all this going over and over again. I got bored by the time I got to week 3 and it is seems impossible to stay focused and complete all assignments. I hope this changes in my third and last chance to get the certificate...

By Tarang

Jul 07, 2016

I rated this as a 3 though I got a lot more out of the concepts and the class in the way it was taught than I had when reading books and literature on the subject. I would have wanted more discussions with cohorts taking the class to help cement the practices by virtue of seeing it from other perspectives in different work environments. I can imagine the same class with a moderator and someone facilitating the discussions would get me to the 5 rating. In a nutshell the content is great the experience of the class could be at a higher level then what I experienced.

By Alice P

May 22, 2016

Despite the material being interesting the instructor's way of teaching it made it boring and hard to pay attention