Back to Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art by The Museum of Modern Art

Art can be a powerful catalyst for building skills and understanding a range of subjects. Intended for primary and secondary teachers of all disciplines, Art & Activity builds upon the inquiry-based approaches of Art and Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies for Your Classroom, while delving into activity-based strategies that will make your students empowered participants....

ML
Aug 16, 2017

UN curso sencillo y amigable, ayuda a tener perspectivas distintas en cuanto a las actividades relacionadas al arte y que se pueden aplicar tanto a diferentes edades como a diferentes inteligencias.

MM
Jun 20, 2020

Great material! It was an engaging course and very enjoyable to take. I appreciate MoMA professionals for putting it together and making it free for everyone. This is a true treasure. Thank you.

26 - 50 of 297 Reviews for Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art

By Tushita

Excellent course and very well planned. It’s interesting to observe how a child or an adult responds to art better when there is an activity planned out around it. I believe this should be really taken forward in a big way as it would pave the way for the future of museums and other cultural institutions around the world.

By Christie

Jul 21, 2017

This gives people an exciting range of tools to use with learners for appreciating art. The approaches and methods for looking at and exploring art work across ages and the three instructors were clear and encouraging. My own skills of close looking and thinking about art were enhanced; the readings were well selected.

By debora d s f

Oct 14, 2015

It was great. I loved the fact I could watch the videos and follow the steps at my own pace. The content was really good: objective, clear and the texts were both supportive of the subject presented and open to other approaches. I recommend it to everyone interested in deepen her/his relations with the theme.

By Avi D

Sep 2, 2017

Really had fun learning and knowing so much about how Art and Activities can be helpful in so many ways, and not just to teach art but even broader subjects. And that the activities can be changed according to age and learning or studying is not mundane but interactive from literally your head to your toes.

By Stefanie v d B

Nov 13, 2020

Very interesting course on the new line with creative forms of museum education working with identity, games and visual thinking steps .The course leaders are very professional and clear. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to give good lesson to all target groups in the museum or arts education now.

Jun 9, 2020

How I don’t master english language, I took longer than indicated in each task but everything worked out. I took a lot of the materials; I put myself out there and I think I have achieved a very good result. The Office Hours session on June 4 was very interesting too. Congratulations for all MoMA Team!

By Franco C

Oct 3, 2019

Very demanding, it brings you deep and deeper into reading an artwork and presenting it to younger people, and setting up the right environment to involve them into the activities. Excellent course for all those involved in museums, and in making younger people love and live arts

By GRIZCAR L L F

Jan 19, 2021

Extraordinario! Metodologías para el aprendizaje y desarrollo del pensamiento creativo, principalmente un enfoque abierto y experimental de la interacción con el arte y ,los beneficios que esto tiene en las personas, sobre todo aquellas que están en formación y crecimiento.

By Adani B

Apr 16, 2020

Great! All information taught and given were relevant to the subjects and topics. I look at artworks differently now, not just appreciating it but finding ways on how to interact and engage with it. It's a different perspective and I'm glad MoMA did this! THANK YOU.

By Maria G

Oct 29, 2019

I loved the course! So interesting and so on point with all the info and examples. The teachers were super friendly and nice to hear. Classmates that reviewed works and homeworks where nice!

Recommend this course 100%. Thank you so much for this experience!

By Sandra P R R

Nov 10, 2015

Pensé que el hecho de ser un curso en inglés me costaría más trabajo de hacer a pesar de los subtítulos, sin embargo, los mismos están bien hechos y he podido llevarlo a cabo sin problema. excelentes contenidos! perfecto para aplicar en el aula.

By Carol T

Apr 19, 2019

It was an interesting course, complemented by excellent reading material and activities. I would make the videos a little bit more dynamic and not so monotonous, but they are easy to watch and understand even for non-native english speakers.

By Sebastian P

May 8, 2019

This was an amazing opportunity to deepen my knowledge about my job as a non-conventional educator. I'm glad Coursera allowed me to harness high quality material like the one offered by MoMA and its team. I recommend 100% this course!

By Tuong N

Apr 12, 2020

I truly had a productive learning time here with experienced and professional tutors. There are a lot of practical ideas, interesting reading materials for my future application in teaching. Thank you so much for such a great course!

By Salvador F A

Apr 17, 2020

Thank you. It's been a pleasure to share complicities and ideas. Congratulations to all of you to orginize so brilliantly this course. To myself is really important this information and example to apply in the school. See you soon.

By Ma d S A R

Dec 4, 2019

Es un curso muy recomendable para quienes son profesores en artes, diseño o áreas reativas. Las lecturas recomendadas son muy buenas en verdad. Es dinámico y con u perfil humanista que me encantó. Gracias por esta experiencia

By Debora M

Nov 7, 2018

This course provides useful tools, ready to practice strategies for bringing creative activities to any classroom. I highly recommend it to anyone looking forward to engage students holistically into the learning experience.

By Mauro A

Aug 9, 2021

The course is very interesting. One - you will be given suggestions on activities in terms of how and why, really useful. Two - every activity can be redisegned at your utility. Thanks MoMA and thanks Coursera for this.

By Ricardo C L

May 24, 2016

Fabuloso para ayudar y enseñar arte a los mas pequeños, y enseñar a los mayores a disfrutarlo y formar parte de el. Muy recomendable para formadores o trabajadores de museos. Estoy muy contento con este certificado!

By Katherine R

Dec 17, 2020

This course opened my eyes on all the ways to facilitate and engage students with Art. There were so many good ideas and so many resources to read. I Highly recommend it. Thank you MOMA for creating this course.

By Subha S I

Nov 29, 2017

Loved the exercises and the easy way of explaining the context for each section of this course. The idea of how to make things interactive and engaging, be it any form of art, became very clear after this course.

By Judith R T

Sep 11, 2021

¡Excelente curso! El único punto débil es la modalidad de la calificación final: esperaba ser evaluada por los referentes del curso y no por mis compañeros de clase. De todos modos, fue una hermosa experiencia!

By Daryl B

Jul 13, 2021

Enjoyed the readings, and the video lectures were succinct. The final project was a bit confusing but appropriate to the goals of the course. Many good strategies for art educators are introduced and explained.

By Zita T

Aug 14, 2015

The course was excellent, just perfect in every way, thank you very much!!! I've learnt a lot, every information, tip and technique you shared with us was just what I wanted to learn about. Thank you thank you!