Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Oct 22, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way I viewed Brand Management. The course is well-framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience.

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

201 - 225 of 1,247 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Yong S S

Mar 24, 2019

Really changed my mindset of Brand management itself.

And really made me think about but Brands truly mean and what my role is actually.

Thank you very much for the MOOK it was very inspiring, and I hope I can really transform this into the work that I do

By Lisa

I really enjoyed this course, Super Informative and the professors explanations did not leave room for misunderstandings! I've honed my skills and will be looking out for more courses aligned with my goals!

All the best to everyone and thank you so much!

By SAH A

Oct 21, 2020

Excellent course, great tutorials and knowledgeable tutor. He makes the course and learning easy and interesting which keeps the student curious to know what's coming up in the next lesson. The lessons motivates the students to stick to this course.

By Kathryn F

Oct 12, 2020

Challenging and interesting summary of branding. This course is helping me take direct action to my work, bringing alignment across silos. I have a clearer vision of where I need to start making changes, and where I want the organization to end up.

By Stephanie G

Jul 11, 2020

It was a great experience and I definitely learned so much from this! I'm a student and I one hundred percent benefited from joining this course, meaning I explored areas that aren't thought at school. Professor Nader did a fantastic job. So happy!

By Shraddha S

Sep 26, 2020

Totally loved everything about the course from the content to the professor and his way of teaching!

Its beautiful for everything was explained with case studies and examples!

Moreover, the assignments were so practical and actually got me thinking!

By Roberto O S

Sep 13, 2019

Excelente material de vídeos y diapositivas del profesor Tavasoli, además su metodología de aprendizaje es muy buena. Escucharmos, vemos, hacemos, debatimos y nos permite implementarlo en nuestros empleos (Enseñamos a otros). he aprendido mucho !

By Bharat K S

Aug 4, 2020

One of the best MOOCs I have done. Professor Nader Tavassoli was great, his style of content delivery is simple and perfect for my understanding. I hope to enroll in more of his courses in the future, hope he does more. A great overall experience

By Sven M

Apr 30, 2020

Very good course. The content is organized correctly and the lectures are quite interesting. One of the good things of the course was the interviews about each week's themes. I think this is a way of seeing how all the theory applies to reality.

By Emily A

Sep 23, 2020

I highly enjoyed this course. All the material was easy to follow and insightful. Very applicable to multiple aspects of business operations and communications. I anticipate applying much of this to how I strategize and engage during my career.

By Moises

Congratulations on the brand course, it is a very important complement to learn more about the brand from the internal and external perspective of a company. I hope I can continue doing more courses on different points of interest in marketing.

By Barbara M A

May 22, 2020

This was my first online course here in Coursera, and I had to thank you to Professor Nader Tavassoli for create this MOOC to everyone who has the energy to keep learning. I learning so much about this course and I have to say thanks very much.

By Waqar H

Jan 14, 2019

Coursera opened ways for me to learn from one of the best business teacher in the world, that too sitting in my room. I learned so many things in the course. It also opened new ways for me to look at brands with a totally different perspective.

By andrea m

Aug 12, 2020

A very fulfilling, wide eye-opening course that helped me decide what I want to do with my professional life! Mr. Tavassoli is an amazing and charismatic person whom made this course very friendly but challenging at the same time. Thank You!!

By jide a s

Apr 29, 2020

This has been the best use of my time during the global lockdown. As an advertsing professional, this course has radically changed my understanding of brand management and I am eager to use this new understanding to grow my clients' brands.

By Ms. P D

Oct 6, 2020

The Course was thorough on each topic with examples. Each Assignment gave us opportunity understand our knowledge and also other reviewing other assignments gave an aspect to think about the topic differently. Thank you for this experience.

By Kami

May 5, 2020

Absolutely brilliant! Perfect balance between the lectures, interviews and assignments. Above all, I loved that it is more case study embedded, rather than theory heavy and the from the outset it aims to bring the new ideas on the subjects.

By Gloria A

Sep 23, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Professor Nader Tavassoli is very engaging and his descriptions and examples leave vivid images and enable clear understanding of concepts that translate well for all including non-marketing professionals

By Munira S

Jun 29, 2020

I am very fortunate that i got the opportunity to enroll i this course. My professor Nader Tavassoli was an amazing teacher. I've got to learn a lot and enriched my knowledge from him. I am very thankful to Coursera for this opportunity.

By Soulin D

Apr 26, 2020

I have enjoyed this course, it is really well adapted to a global audience with so many interviews, testimonials of successful companies as best practices. The professor speaks universal language in terms of examples. Recommended class !

By Vignesh R M

Jan 1, 2020

I liked this course. the videos were really informative and I managed to use it quite a bit when I was working. Videos really helped me to remember more better and it helped to answer the questions that was asked of me with relative ease.

By John O

Jul 31, 2020

Presentation was top notch. I loved the fact that concepts were grounded in relatable examples and experiences. Would recommend it to anyone interested in understanding what makes a successful organization from the branding perspective.

By Bettyboop S

Mar 23, 2020

I am really happy that i had a possibility to take park in this course. I learned very lot, and it really changed my point of view about branding. Professor Nader Tavassoli is an awsome teacher! Thank you very much for the possibility !

By Panagiotis K

Jul 27, 2019

Excellent course which combines knowledge and real case studies. A great overview of brand management with tools and concepts which make the course easy to understand and on the same time give you the techniques to apply the knowledge.

By Tanya K

Oct 26, 2020

Excellent course and teacher! Thank you to Coursera and Prof. Tavassoli for providing this opportunity. I would defintely recommend it to anyone interested in marketing. The course is very enriching and it will take you one step ahead.