Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

51 - 75 of 1,840 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By kamila s

Nov 30, 2020

This is a classic academic course with the modern performance, taking this course in 2020 I was sceptical since the course presentation was back in 2015, I had doubts whether the content would be relevant and up to date. My doubts were totally useless, the course has briefed yet very modern information about the brand development and management.

The Prof. Nader is a great presenter, very professional yet pleasant way to issue the information.

I recumbent this course for DIY entrepreneurs, marketers of all kind and everyone interested to gain necessary base of knowledge of brand management.

By 19MIB009-GAYATHRI V P M I

Nov 4, 2020

First of all,I would like to thank Professor Nader Tavassoli for his immense interest in teaching this course for us.The explanation given by him for each concept is really amazing.The associations made by him with various examples actually has given me a better knowledge about various brands.I became aware of various popular brand and their practices.One of my favourites was the interview he had with Tanya ,an employee from the store "Lush".This course is definitely going to help me in some way or the other.Once again,thank you very much Professor

By Effie P

Dec 21, 2020

The instructor and structure of the course were absolutely lovely. I also loved how the course sprinkled in real-life examples from interviews with business leaders and case studies. Those real-life examples reinforced the great learnings from the class. Before this course, I only thought of branding in terms of the visual logo and advertising positioning of a particular organization. I never once considered that culture was a form of branding. I also loved the framework for change management. This was one of my favorite MOOC's of all time.

By Aileen E

Jan 15, 2021

Thank you to Prof. Nader Tavassoli. You have given us the importance of how brand management must be embodied not just as a business but those customer journey that matters both for the customers and employees as well. You have circled to different industry practice that makes this MOOC a holistic approach for us in different fields. You have given us so many examples esp through the interviews on how businesses take on their brand and the process they have gone through. Looking forward to pursue this career. I enjoyed your class =)

By Rhoda S

Aug 1, 2020

I have been in branding in various capacities for some time now although it was only last year that branding made it to the top-level agenda in our company. This course is by far the best I have taken in the subject. Not only is Prof. Nader Tavassoli very engaging and witty (and a Gunner too, yay!), his insights on branding and alignment especially on culture is very intelligient, practical, and refreshing. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a class - online or otherwise - as much as I have this one. Congratulations and thank you!

By Deodato C

Aug 17, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The subject is not only interesting but different from the traditional approach to branding, both in online courses and in University (at least here at my uni in Italy). I really appreciated the professor too, great ability to explain and make practical examples, and a great choice of accessory material to gain even deeper knowledge on the subject. I really wish to see other courses from prof. Tavassoli and London Business School! Would recommend to everyone interested in marketing and branding

By Etienne C

Feb 19, 2021

A comprehensive look into what makes great brands a key driver of business for modern companies: brand management is not just a marketing function, but is an immense source of added value, and it is relevant across all departments of an organization and at every moment-that-matters of the consumer journey. Professor Tavassoli is clear, concise and engaging and he illustrates each lesson with case studies and interviews with professionals that truly help to absorb the contents of the course. Thank you Professor Tavassoli!

By Aigerim T

Apr 15, 2020

I like the overall structure of the course. It builds slowly from the understanding of what makes a brand into metrics that measure the validity of brand strategy. This course can be easily understood by someone outside of the marketing field. There is not much reading involved, yet the course does not feel too easy. The assignment of each week assists well with getting a deeper perspective of the presented subject for that week. I also agreed with most of the ideas of the lecturer regarding the brand management topic.

By Muhammad U M

Jun 8, 2020

Alhamdulillah! Praise to God that I stumbled upon this gem of a MOOC taught by the amazing Prof. Nader Tavassoli. His style of teaching makes you easily understand intricate marketing concepts. His real-life examples will stay with his students forever, guiding them throughout their careers. I have learnt a great deal from Prof.Tavassoli's course and I wish if I had found this earlier. I also thoroughly enjoyed reviewing great pieces of work by my peers. I strongly recommend this MOOC to all the students of Marketing.

By Aanchal

Feb 6, 2021

The course all over has created huge impact on the way one looks at things. the detailed understanding of brand management is depicted in this course. the professor made it really interesting to learn. Throughout the course information to detail had been given a very important place. the assignments assigned to us were really helpful and interesting. In the end i would like to thank the professor for creating an amazing experience throughout the course, would really love to see many more courses like this one

By Kevin M

Nov 5, 2018

This is an excellent course. It is challenging and yet highly informative. I would recommend this to anyone looking to be well informed about branding. The lectures are clear and the lecturer takes his time to present the ideas clearly. The course covers quite an extensive range of knowledge. However the each segment of the course doesn't lead you on a tangent. The course direction always brings you back to the central understanding of what a brand is and the potentials of what a well managed brand can do.

By SERGIO G

Nov 30, 2020

This was my first experience with Coursera and I can say that it was very interesting. The methodology of the videos with Nader Tavasolli from the London School of Business were very clear and appropriate to get into the knowledge of Brand Management, with or without any previous information. Probably my only suggestion will be to keep it updated, since most of the content is from 2015 and there are new trends that we could apply. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and more during these quarantimes.

By Guin W

Dec 10, 2020

Outstanding course for those seeking a broad overview of branding and some invaluable insights into how to achieve brand alignment, delivery of the brand purpose and brand promise. Professor Tavassoli imparts his extensive experience with and knowledge of branding and how to achieve brand alignment. The theoretical discussion is backed up with ample real-world experience in the form of interviews with experts in the field as well as onsite chats and tours of renowned businesses and business leaders.

By Megha S

Jun 21, 2020

I don't know if the professor will get to read the reviews but honestly, this is one of the best courses I've ever taken! He explains every concept extremely well and provides such relevant and memorable examples! I have loved branding and its concepts all my life but this course has really made me love it more and learn the technical terms that I was not aware of before. The assignments are also wonderful to do because of how much clarity and understanding it provides. Just.. 10/10 I loved it! :)

By Timothy T

Oct 28, 2019

This has been my first MOOC dealing with Brands and businesses and I'm very enthusiast about the final results. All the modules and topics are divided in a smart way which allows you to get out the most from any single concept, Prof.Tavassoli stimulates your interest in delivering stunning examples and case studies worldwide within a fresh approach. I really recommend this Mooc even though you are a brand-wise person, tips and hints will reinforce your mindset and let you reflect even more.

By Yukiko O

Mar 18, 2021

This course is well designed, and each module is well presented and through. Very easy to follow and covers essential/fundamental concepts of brand management. Excellent course, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning about brand management. Professor Tavasolli is absolutely brilliant, and he explains the concepts well and walk you through the concepts step-by-step with great examples. I am very happy to have taken this course and am so grateful to Professor Tavasolli.

By Manahil A Q

Nov 21, 2018

The way this MOOC has been designed by Nader Tassavoli is just commendable. He has included everything that can make this MOOC a complete perfect course full of real life examples, case studies and especially he took time to interview CEOs and brand managers of numerous brands. Thankful to Nader for putting his heart and soul in this MOOC to benefit us all and requesting him to come up with some more MOOCs on Marketing Strategies and other releated topics. Thank you Professor! :) :)

By kim w j

Aug 17, 2019

I though the course was fantastic, and I have actually recommended it to some of my friends and colleagues.

it was well delivered, and i enjoyed the tasks associated with it, I am new in my job role and just about to embark on a "journey of change" as part of a turnaround, and most of my learning will be immediately transformed into actions, thanks, and I hope there will be more to come.

The only flip side: We all know that Liverpool is the best brand NOT Arsenal;-) as mentioned....

By Fernando P

Dec 22, 2020

Highly recommendable because it´s a five modules (weeks) very complete and an exciting learning journey where it changed the way I understood Brand management and how can really be a game changer for several companies outthere. Learned several new skills and envision how can be a big benefit for all implicated skateholders - from internal perspective until external perspective. Thank you so much Prof. Nader it was an inmersive & augmented experience during this learning journey.

By Annette B

I learned so much in the course. It was challenging ! Nader is an inspiring and knowledgeable lecturer. The Marketing Principals beautifully taught In his lectures on in Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour. In many different ways he teaches how the marketing concepts work in real life and how they correlate with business strategy. Nader teaches in an empathetic way towards his students but also in the understanding of the companies he discusses. Fantastic ! Recommended !

By Elmira Y

Jul 10, 2020

This course taught me a lot as I had no prior knowledge in the field. While completing the course, I was so engaging to watch the videos, the interviews, and complete tasks that helped me to implement my acquired knowledge even though I do not work yet. It helped me to understand that I have a great interest in Management and will more likely continue my journey in learning the field. Thank you so much for the course, the experience, and the knowledge you shared with us!

By Gulay A A

Dec 13, 2020

(++)Well done. Good points, comprehensive and easy to follow. Interviews, examples flourish it. Assignments prepared were also sufficient and to the point.

(-)Some interviews were too long. There were some repetitions in lesson videos. A second look, another workout could make it cleaner and more precise. W5 brand valuation, an important topic, was a little bit rushed, could add some more specific examples, explanatory videos, links,etc. How to really do it was vague.

By Dike Q

Oct 1, 2020

I have learned a lot from " Brand Management" . It is very well organized, from the lectures, videos, readings, interviews, quizzes and the peer-graded Assignments, everything comes together to enhance the learning experience. I am a research scientist working in a pharmaceutical company and have no business background. This course made me laugh and I had lot of " Ah-Ha" moments. Really enjoyed it and appreciate Professor Nader Tavassoli's hard working and dedication!

By Yolanda P

Aug 31, 2020

I am so delighted with this course. The lecturer, Nader Tavassoli's experience and knowledge on the subject matter is incredible. He is a true subject expert. He has also structured the course so well making it interesting and the concepts easy to grasp. Thank you Coursera. Thank you Nader Tavassoli. This is simply amazing!

I am currently unemployed and therefore cannot afford to pay for a certification but I would be happy to do that as soon as I find employment.

By Ashim C

Aug 18, 2020

The course was designed to cover aligning the strategies for business, brand and behavior including strategic brand portfolio alignment and delivering global brand alignment. Professor Nader organized several interviews with practitioners, CEO and CMO of famous brand which gave us very practical insight of the course. A new technique to review project works among peers well appreciated. Finally thank you to Professor Nader Tavassoli for his excellent presentation.