Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 20, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

PG

Apr 14, 2020

well researched and well compiled topics.\n\nI would like to suggest some case studies of other continents too, as its a course with global audience.\n\nThank you Nader and the team for your efforts.

51 - 75 of 1,028 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Aditya V

Apr 21, 2020

It is a must do course for all the Marketing professionals, especially those who are in Brand Management.

It was a very insightful learning experience through this course. Approach of Prof Nader Tavasolli was phenomenal and he brought lot of new and practical aspects of Brand Management through alignment of Business, Brand and Behaviour.

The course is about breaking traditional barriers and bring-in an all new approach to Brand Management.

By Amey R

Jun 01, 2020

The course is really wonderful in terms of explaining step by step approach to brand design. Some key concepts which are more relevant to the current scenario like internal customers, 6As, 3Es, and brand health measurement have been explained with many examples. Prof. Nader is one of the finest instructors who are full of knowledge and a drive to spread the knowledge to the enthusiastic learners.

I am really thankful to him!

By Aditya S

Jun 28, 2020

This course has taught me a lot and I am sure that the things I learnt in this course will help me in the future. Professor Nader has dived into the details of brand management with great interviews in between each modules. It was just great, every student who wants to have an overview about brand management and also those who want to pursue it as a career must do this course. Also keep good notes, it will be helpful.

By Dr. B A R

Sep 15, 2020

It was really wonderful course. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it will be very much helpful for my career and real life as well. I thank my instructor professor of London business School for his motivation and guide. I also thank University of London and London business school for providing me this opportunity. I also grateful to Coursera for its mediation and making the course reach in me. Thank you very much.

By Wahaj U S

Apr 01, 2020

The course is brilliant with emphasis laid on Brand understanding from first module to the last module.The videos shared of interviews with various leaders , show the efforts put in by Professor Nader . Exceptional reasoning given to explain the importance of Purpose, Values and Branding . It is a must for any one who wants to understand why is Branding so important and how to make an impact in real life scenario.

By Riya K

Jul 07, 2020

Professor Nader made the course intriguing right from the commencement of this course. He explained the concepts in a way that was easily comprehensible with very relevant examples which made attempting the assignments exciting and fun. I would recommend this course to anyone who is also slightly interested in brands and their management as it really broadens your horizon about the subject matter as a whole.

By ipek e

I am very happy to gave this course, great contend and there was more than I expected. I feel very lucky to have attended this course. I recommend everyone to take care of it, you definitely add something to yourself. You will also evaluate your time very well.

Special thanks to Nader Tavassoli and University of London & London Business School.

I hope to take more courses from this school and Nader Tavassoli.

By Fazal M R

Apr 23, 2020

It was nicely described the relationship between business, brand & behavior for a strong brand that ensures business and keeps both internal employee and consumers a clear idea about brand purpose. However, many companies are actually running with multiple brands with same workforce; i more detail focus on how Business, Brand and Behavior may work in such environment may make it more interesting further.

By Agnieszka I

May 13, 2018

Thank you, in the last video, you said that the course was an inspiration for you, because people from all over the world take part in it. For me, this course was an inspiration for a different view of the brand and another approach to it. I hope that your experience in creating this course was positive and we can count on further classes, which I am looking forward to :) Excellent job and good luck.

By Joshua D K

Sep 23, 2019

The course was effective and articulated how business, brand and behaviour are uniquely intertwined in a successful organization. Mr. Tavassoli provided many concrete and easily understandable examples for how business, brand and behavior work together. The use of interviews with people who successfully use the combination of business, brand and behavior to promote their brands was very well done.

By Esther A

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent Lecture, you analogies, your original concepts established and shared during this course was well appreciated! Love the simplicity with which you delivered your well-personalized lectures that grasped the attention of your students, also resulting from your relaxed professionalism!!!

High Yield concepts or foundations for business management was the bulk of this course! Job well done!!!

By Olohirere L

Jul 24, 2020

Great course with a lot of helpful material that should help me later. Amazing instructor and great use of imagery with the coat hanger and the use of Newton's cradle to symbolise alignment and reiterate etc importance of the synchronisation of brand, business and behaviour. Highly recommend for those wishing to expand their understanding of branding or who wish to explore the world of business.

By Karthick

Apr 26, 2018

Wonderful Course. The art of flow/ structure of this lecture gave a deeper understanding of the subject. I'm very surprised and excited through the course. The course has been very informative and insightful on this going forward on every modules. All the way through the lecture was undeniably so good. Thanks for this course. I hope to put through these principles what i learned in practice.

By SRIDHAR K

May 01, 2020

One of the best course I have come across in recent times. I really enjoyed doing it. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I completed the course in less than 2 weeks! The new concepts such as 3Es, the new definition for 4Ps and 6As of brand engagement are really useful concept. The way the lecture was presented was really great. Overall a very useful course to understand brand management better.

By Rhea B

Jul 26, 2020

Mr. Tavalossi explained various concepts extremely well, through a ton of examples of organizations following those concepts and consequences faced by organizations that did not follow a few concepts. I will be taking back many important elements such as brand purpose, metrics, valuation, etc. Thank you for this course, it gave me a wide array of concepts that will be useful in my future.

By Carolina C D A

May 06, 2020

Prof. Nader is a great teacher who has a lot of experience in this particular field. How he mixes theory with case studies and interviews with CX level professionals, gives this course a holistic view. The cases are a little out of date cause this MOOC was filmed back in 2015, yet the thinking is as timely as ever. In my opinion, it would be really interesting to showcase current cases.

By Appu A

Aug 31, 2020

This has been a very helpful , through and detailed course and I am glad that I took this during this corona outbreak, the greatest global crisis of our times since world war 2. This course has taught me that branding should not be taken lightly and there are a lot of metrics to be evaluated for measuring success of brand, many of them i was not even aware before doing this course.

By Richard v R B

Dec 17, 2018

I can only say good things about this course. It has opened my mind about branding, expanded my knowledge and this might sound a bit extreme but it's true. It has changed my life. It has been so valuable for me and this is only the starting point of my branding journey. What a great place to start. If you have never been introduced to branding, I can totally recommend this course.

By SRINIVASAN G 1

This is my first course in Coursera and by and large, I think it will be the best course available here. This course was very engaging. Being an aspiring MBA Marketing student this MOOC has changed my whole perspective of marketing and helped me in deciding what future path I am going to pursue after an MBA degree which is going to related to BRand MAnagement in one way to other.

By jasmine s

Jul 09, 2020

This course has been carefully carved out to redefine the modern approach to brand management. I learned how brand itself is strategy. The course materiel and the assignments gave me a deeper insight into aligning brand purpose and brand promise with the how it has to be delivered. Extremely thankful to Prof. Nader, looking forward to join for more MOOCs from you.

-JASMINE SIMI-

By Sathyanarayanan m

This is my first course with Coursera I and it's been awesome . The way the professor took it with explanations along with case-studies was really excellent. It shows how much he is aligned with the latest market trends and cascade the same to the people who took this course. I really enjoyed each and every module.

I wish him the best and for great success in the future

Thx

Sathya

By namrata

Nov 12, 2019

I am very happy and pleased to have completed this course study in Brand Management. The mentors have been very helpful & so did Customer support staff. It surely taught me more than I thought it would. When I will go back to my job in graphics designs i will take all these as an examples . So thank you very much especially to the mentor and a lecturer Nadeer Tavasolli.

By Angela S

Apr 27, 2020

Our teacher was great. He provided accurate and detailed explanation at all times. He provided examples that could be understood by everyone and the course, in general, provided a different view of what Brand Management is. There is room for improvement though, I think the addition of slides is needed so the student can go through them before the lesson to be more prepared.

By Siddarth D

Aug 22, 2019

Lots of videos but very in depth discussions of each of the topics. There are a lot of interviews within the modules to better relate to the everyday person, so you can see real world applications of what is being taught. I wish there was a bit more information on slides and handouts instead of purely talking but overall I learned alot from this course. Highly recommend!

By Yijing ( G

Jun 29, 2020

This was the best course I've ever taken. Professor Tavassoli did an amazing job explaining the value of living the brand within an organization with practical suggestion for actions. His opinions are so insightful and down-to-earth. A lot of what Professor Tavassoli mentioned in the course can be put to direct use in our jobs, this is so rare and absolutely valuable!