Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Oct 22, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way I viewed Brand Management. The course is well-framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience.

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

126 - 150 of 1,825 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Siddarth D

Aug 22, 2019

Lots of videos but very in depth discussions of each of the topics. There are a lot of interviews within the modules to better relate to the everyday person, so you can see real world applications of what is being taught. I wish there was a bit more information on slides and handouts instead of purely talking but overall I learned alot from this course. Highly recommend!

By Pattamawan J

Mar 1, 2021

This course provides a perspective of how marketing and brand relate to the business as a whole. Not only the knowledge about brand, this course also leads the student to understand brand and marketing from the business point of view which is very useful for both corporate and entrepreneurs. I got knowledge, concept and framework from generating process to measurement.

By Fadi A S

Sep 1, 2021

An eye opening experience that i recommend for every marketing person even after working for 25 years i still found myself learning and focusing like a fresh graduate, professor Nader has an amazing simplified way of explaining the most complex of topics and leaves you with so much to think of about your work and career and even your personal life. highly recommended.

By Claire G

Jun 29, 2020

This was the best course I've ever taken. Professor Tavassoli did an amazing job explaining the value of living the brand within an organization with practical suggestion for actions. His opinions are so insightful and down-to-earth. A lot of what Professor Tavassoli mentioned in the course can be put to direct use in our jobs, this is so rare and absolutely valuable!

By Dawn J

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course meeting the expectations of a course from University of London . Well conceived and executed covering all aspects it promised to. Prof. Nader Tavassoli had used his knowledge and skills to transfer his learnings to the students in a well understandable manner. The interviews, cases and the materials shared maintained high quality. Totally Satified !

By Sahasranshu S P

Nov 29, 2020

The course provide a well defined and a clear understanding and frameworks for managing a brand. Professor Nader's real life examples are easy to understand and are relatable which makes the overall learning experience much better. Overall a must take course for anyone who is looking to enrich his or her understanding regarding what is a brand and how to manage it.

By Marlene C

May 14, 2020

Outstanding instructor, This is an incredibly interesting course that will inspire with innovative strategies to evaluate and build brands . The material is organized and structured. I learned so much more than I expected .The course has substance with case studies, slides clearly illustrating concepts, data and analysis and videos with transformational leaders.

By Sateesh H

Mar 10, 2019

It is a great course with new perspectives. I feel, Managers or Founders must study this course since the idea of Brand Management is shifting from ' Department' to ' Function'. I am very happy with the content delivery and design of the entire course structure. Great course by great school and look ahead for much more useful courses from University of London.

By Julie U

Sep 24, 2020

I found this to be a well organized and presented course with practical processes for integrating our brand across silos. The pace was manageable and assignments were an opportunity to brain storm and create new strategic action plans. I found it refreshing that both external and internal customers were considered. I wish the instructor offered more courses.

By Ruchika T

Jun 21, 2020

This course highly inspired me in every aspect of management involving around brand and our brilliant teacher who explained every concept in great detail and giving such informative examples helped me a lot to understand managing the brand as whole. I will definitely look into some more courses in which he will be the mentor of that MOOC. Thanks a lot teacher!!

By Ronnie V

Dec 8, 2020

I work as a maintenance worker in a large retail store and this course has given me an understanding of what my co-workers in the marketing and sales department do to keep our store relevant in these challenging times. I also believe I can now contribute more to my employer in regards to our Brand Purpose and the 6A's due to what I have learned in this course.

By Fan G

Dec 23, 2020

Previously I thought about branding as part of the responsibility of marketing team, and it was all about positioning and implanting some effusive illusion about the product in customers' mind. This course is enlightening! I got to understand branding from new perspectives and learned about how it impacts the whole business and value creation in greater depth.

By Abey T

Nov 18, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this program. Prof. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent narrator. He explained the concepts systematically and lucidly with relevant examples to drive home the message. The interviews with industry champions were insightful as it provided a practical viewpoint to the concepts. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone in management.

By Ganesh R B

The way the course contents were presented is a microcosm of what the course really discusses. Seeing myself as a customer, I can vouch for the amazing journey I had through the five weeks across all the touch points. The peer reviewed assignments and quizzes were well aligned to what the course expects of its learners. Thank you, Professor Nader Tavassoli

By Sawan M

Jan 5, 2021

Great MOOC, especially as I am from the operation side. This MOOC has helped me manage my sales /marketing team better. The fact that each module contains a peer review assignment also ensures effort in practical thinking and application of concepts learnt. Overall I would recommend this for all business leaders to get an insight into Brand Management.

By Avyaya A

May 3, 2020

Loved it, truly inspiring and very thought provoking. One of the few series of classes where I took down notes and recounted my learnings without being told by anyone. It is well researched, well taught and most importantly instills a sense of confidence within you after completing it. 100% must take course for anyone interested in the field of business.

By Anirudh S

Nov 7, 2018

A really informative course about the basics of Branding and it is explained through a lot of practical examples which makes it easy to understand the concept. Also, the changing customer landscape and the impact of technology has also been discussed in detail in this course. Thanks to Prof. Nader Tavassoli and coursera for making this content available

By Neeraj C

Jun 6, 2020

Thank you very much to Professor Nadir and Coursera for designing wonderful content in a simple language with great examples. Now with the help of these types of programs, I am always on top of my lectures before they start. Kudos to Coursera. This will help me to design my brand plan in a better way and look into the broad way to the customer journey.

By Manuel C L J

Sep 9, 2021

This is a great course that gives a fresh perspective on Brand Management that's very relevant for today. Well structured and concise with in-depth examples and great interviews. Very helpful to reinforce your branding knowledge and shift your perspective on what Business, Brand and Behavior is all about. A wonderful experience and highly recommend.

By Chris V D

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you Nader for taking me on a thoroughly enlightening journey into the strategic world of branding for business. You've created a highly accessible course filled with plenty of real-world examples and insightful interviews with people who are highly qualified to speak about their respective areas of expertise. Looking forward to your next MOOC!

By FRANCESCA O

Aug 23, 2018

It's a nice course that you can take in far less than 5 weeks if you are committed, it's taking me just 2 probably. And I've been watching all the videos & done all assignments properly (I'm working full time in the day).

The professor is very engaging. Examples are clear and explanatory. A good training for those who want to have basics of branding.

By Venkateswararaju B

Oct 18, 2020

It is a well-designed course connecting all the concepts relating to brand management with good illustrations. The interviews with the experienced CEO’s of different organizations added value to the course, their rich experience in brand building, practice and engagement clearly supports the learning process. Thanks to Professor Nader and Coursera.

By Anupriya R

Jun 21, 2020

Learned about many new terms, concepts, and operations that are held in organizations. It was overall perfect for beginners and anyone interested in business. Learned so much about the employee & brand relationship along with the company. Mr. Tavassoli is gentle, humourous, and patient with all the modules and simplified all the concepts very well.

By Vipul D

Prof. Tavassoli is one of the best teachers on Coursera. He explains everything with the best examples and with utmost clarity. I am thankful for having him as my teacher for this course. Brand Management course thought me a lot of concepts, ideologies and a whole new perception towards the brands.

Great course, one of the best courses on Coursera!

By Linda S

Apr 25, 2021

Thank you for this course, I really enjoyed it, it was very smooth and opened my eyes to many brand managing aspects. I understand now how important it is to look after my clients, and give them the experience they really deserve, after all, when I opened my business, this was my main goal, but I think I lost it somehow along the way.