Back to Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

This course is geared towards starting undergraduate students. A solid background in biology will be helpful but not absolutely essential. The material will be of interest to those who are pursuing a career in any of the life sciences as well as anyone who has run up against their biological clock....

1 - 7 of 7 Reviews for Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life

By Roberto B

Feb 01, 2019

I learned a lot from this course and I'm glad I took it. Since I don't have a science background, I had to struggle with some of the terminology and concepts in weeks two and three. Actually, it was more technical than I had anticipated, and if I had known that I would have done some preliminary research in chronobiology before starting the course. Having said that, however, the lectures and tests are well structured and the protocol is well developed. In the end, I feel I have gained significant insight into the reality of biological rhythms and how they influence our world. This course even helped me improve my sleeping habits! I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject, but especially to those who wish to pursue formal studies in life sciences.

By PC

Mar 13, 2019

A very fruitful course that gives a wide coverage on the interactions between clock rhythm and various life forms (bacteria, plants, mammals etc.), historical experiments, and useful research tools. An eye opener on the complex feedback dynamics from RNA, to proteins, to hormons. In particular, the clock in a tube experiment is fascinating. The lectures and the warp-up sessions are delivered with great enthusiasm and clarity. Recommended.

By Shandna B

May 13, 2019

Informative!! It got me thinking about how clock genes regulate the release of neuropeptides that influence the psychiatric illness — excellent starter course for graduate school level course on biological clock courses.

By Yao-Chung C

May 20, 2019

This course includes a lot of important terms and concept in Chronobiology. It contains a lot of crucial events in the history of the development of research in this field. The wrap-up section also inspired young scientist to address questions in different aspects and to think independently. I am pleased to learn the knowledge of circadian clocks from the fantastic group at LMU.

By Zaki D

Jun 19, 2019

What an incite into this world of light and dark! Great derailed course that leads to better understanding of chronology and the clocks inside.

By Juan F J S

Jun 30, 2019

Was an excellent course. I would love if in the next courses you emphasize more about reaserches about the importance of chronobiology in other human phenomenons as children development and social clocks.

By Claudia L

Aug 28, 2019

This course was difficult stuff for me, since I'm a retired accounting person.

But finally they kept me interested, because the topic itself is highly fascinating and the teacher's are nice and famous experts.

By the way, all the technical terms were a challenge for my English knowledge.