Back to Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

This course is geared towards starting undergraduate students. A solid background in biology will be helpful but not absolutely essential. The material will be of interest to those who are pursuing a career in any of the life sciences as well as anyone who has run up against their biological clock....

SH

Oct 25, 2019

The course is very organized and interesting. I learned a lot about the basics of circadian rhythm, It is very useful for the beginners and for all biological fields.

AA

Apr 09, 2020

The course was amazing and extremely helpful to better understand how circadian clocks work and their impact on our life. I strongly recommend it.

1 - 25 of 31 Reviews for Circadian clocks: how rhythms structure life

By PC

Mar 13, 2019

A very fruitful course that gives a wide coverage on the interactions between clock rhythm and various life forms (bacteria, plants, mammals etc.), historical experiments, and useful research tools. An eye opener on the complex feedback dynamics from RNA, to proteins, to hormons. In particular, the clock in a tube experiment is fascinating. The lectures and the warp-up sessions are delivered with great enthusiasm and clarity. Recommended.

By Roberto B

Feb 01, 2019

I learned a lot from this course and I'm glad I took it. Since I don't have a science background, I had to struggle with some of the terminology and concepts in weeks two and three. Actually, it was more technical than I had anticipated, and if I had known that I would have done some preliminary research in chronobiology before starting the course. Having said that, however, the lectures and tests are well structured and the protocol is well developed. In the end, I feel I have gained significant insight into the reality of biological rhythms and how they influence our world. This course even helped me improve my sleeping habits! I would recommend it to anyone interested in the subject, but especially to those who wish to pursue formal studies in life sciences.

By Ekaterina R

Nov 26, 2019

I liked the course. It enabled me to understand circadian clocks in depth. However, some parts were rather difficult to comprehend (especially part 3). I don`t have background in biology and so I struggled with part 3 enormously. Parts 5 and 6 were the most relevant and interesting for me.

By Pedro H L C

Curso perfeito, porem vocês poderiam oferecer legendas em português! Até porque esse curso é oferecido no Brasil. My assessment was made by a person who did not know how to read Portuguese and instead of translating, he preferred not to rate me. I didn't understand or why it was done, and even if I use translation tools for the same activity and to better understand some parts of the course, because English is not my language.

By Yao-Chung C

May 20, 2019

This course includes a lot of important terms and concept in Chronobiology. It contains a lot of crucial events in the history of the development of research in this field. The wrap-up section also inspired young scientist to address questions in different aspects and to think independently. I am pleased to learn the knowledge of circadian clocks from the fantastic group at LMU.

By Odette W

Jul 10, 2020

Nice course about whole different subject in biology. As a former Biology student myself, I really enjoyed this new insight. Chronobiology is a phenomenon that is interwined in many disciplines like biology, medicine and pshychology. This course helped me to understand the basic principles of chronobiology and how it affects our lives (not only our sleep but also our health)!

By Kuat O M P D

Jul 14, 2020

Very interesting and science-justified 6-w course. Obviously that time is not well investigated yet in comparison with space. Studies related to investigating a time are <5% then space. Nevertheless, this course is trying to create research interest to study time and his influence on nature including human beings. Thank you for the Course!

By Ana M M

Jun 19, 2020

The course is very interesting and gives a general idea on many different aspects of circadian rhythms and their relation with behaviour and pathologies! It was a bit hard to follow in some more specific lectures but not in general! Thanks a lot for al the effort dedicated to this great course!!

By Mark L

Apr 19, 2020

I've been dealing with a circadian rhythm disorder and was very interested in understanding the more about the mechanisms underlying circadian rhythms. This class was very useful and gave me more information than many doctors I've spoken too. Highly recommend it.

By Shandna B

May 13, 2019

Informative!! It got me thinking about how clock genes regulate the release of neuropeptides that influence the psychiatric illness — excellent starter course for graduate school level course on biological clock courses.

By Daniel H

Feb 29, 2020

A very insightful look at just how important circadian rhythms are to our biological processes. How timing can affect drug metabolism/effectiveness and why adolescents really should be allowed to sleep later.

By Juan F J S

Jun 30, 2019

Was an excellent course. I would love if in the next courses you emphasize more about reaserches about the importance of chronobiology in other human phenomenons as children development and social clocks.

By Alice Z

May 09, 2020

WOW

Engaging, informative. One of best of best of 100* moocs on various platforms.

Personally, I understand me better - and now you and those most odd ones called "most of us'

Well worth time and effort.

By Viktoriia A

Oct 27, 2019

This was incredibly useful course for go deep to chronobiology. I'm sure, that doesn't exist in the Internet the same well structurer course of this topic, as this one. Thank you!

By Marie G

Jun 10, 2020

From the very basics to the latest research results on circadian rhythms, this course has been interesting and relevant to my formation as a PhD student in this field.

By Soha A H H

Oct 25, 2019

By Adriana A

Apr 09, 2020

By Zaki D

Jun 19, 2019

What an incite into this world of light and dark! Great derailed course that leads to better understanding of chronology and the clocks inside.

By PRIYANKA M R

May 01, 2020

It was an amazing experience learning through this course, it enables flexible timings and hence is more comfortable for any student.

By Vivek S

Jul 15, 2020

Absolutely Fun Course!! I Loved It!!! The Wrap Up Session was new and exciting...A well put course with good, engaging content.

By Pratheesha

Aug 07, 2020

I truly enjoyed the lecture throughout the course. I would like to have more of this course. And the instructors are amazing.

By Dan

This course was a bit challenging but I am glad I stuck through it. Thank you.

By Doris S

Apr 29, 2020

Material was interesting and instructors presentations were well done.

By Dr. K G S

Jul 26, 2020

Value added course, I enjoyed learning 👍🏽👏🏼👌🏽😋

By Ronan L

Jun 27, 2020

Great introductory course to circadian rhythms.