Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

CC
Jun 4, 2020

I would highly recommend this course as I found it well-structured and helpful. After studying all the materials, I gained a great amount of knowledge in designing and interpretating clinical trail.

JQ
Oct 25, 2019

Excellent beginner course on design and interpretation of clinical trials, complements a lot of what I reviewed on my classes and I would like to take a more advanced course on the topic. Thank you.

201 - 225 of 594 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Ravi T

Oct 27, 2019

This course is very interesting and I learn a lot about Design and Interpretation of clinical Trials

By AJOK B L

Jul 9, 2021

Very insightful course. The facilitators are good with practical experiences. I enjoyed my learning

By Maria B

Jul 29, 2020

Very interesting and rewarding, difficulties in translating some scientific terminology in Greek.

By Deepali D

It was a perfectly paced course. This has definitely added to my knowledge about clinical trials.

By Keoni B

Mar 18, 2018

Vvery informative, even though I had some difficulties, the lectures were not hard to understand.

By Stamatina T

Dec 17, 2017

Great course! The terminology was well-explained and documented with examples and good material.

By Erica J

Jun 27, 2016

Great course! This will help me in my graduate studies and future career. I have learned a lot.

By Martyna F

Mar 17, 2021

Consise piece of information about clinical trials. Good examples and explication. I want more!

By SHALU C

Sep 4, 2020

finally completed this course and have came through new topics and learned more and new thing

By SHUBHAM C

Nov 14, 2020

The course was design so simple and elaborate . The examples were good and easy to understand.

By Ana R C A

Jun 18, 2020

Very straight to the point. It was amazing to learn something so complex in such a simple way.

By Lina C

Oct 21, 2017

Very good introductory couse, the lectures are very clear and the order is very good as well.

By Ong J J

Sep 28, 2016

Excellent primer on the types of trial designs and how to interpret study results and reports.

By Magdalena G

Sep 19, 2020

Clear and easy to understand presentations, well structured, made it easy and a joy to learn!

By Mayura S

Aug 2, 2020

Well structured course. Great course to for a newbie to get started on clinical trial design.

By Camila J L R

Dec 31, 2020

Muy buen curso. Da una idea general acerca del diseño e interpretación de ensayos clínicos.

By Rupa C

May 2, 2020

I am happy that I took this course. The authors have done a great job.Completely worth it !

By Nikita S

Jul 29, 2017

Truly a great lesson in Clinical trials! Thank you for dedicating your time to this course!

By Melina C K

Sep 14, 2020

A great introduction to Clinical Trials, their designs and confounding factors! Thank you.

By Olayiwola S E

Apr 3, 2020

Amazing introduction to clinical trials especially for rookie like myself. Well done guys.

By Vincent J

Mar 9, 2020

A beautiful course well detailed for a beginner and made simple enough. Highly recommended

By Annabelle E D

Mar 23, 2017

Understandable and enjoyable. I took home a lot of valuable inforrmation from this course!

By Montserrat P G

Jan 23, 2017

Es un buen curso para familiarizarse con el diseño y la filosofía de los Ensayos Clínicos.

By Charles O

May 25, 2021

Well designed and presented course, with a good overview of CT design and interpretation.

By Euan C

Aug 17, 2018

A great starting point for diving into the world of clinical trials. Now to learn more.