Back to Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions by The George Washington University

This 7-week course provides you with key strategies to help understand the foundation of Clinical Simulations. During each module, you will learn about 7 key components of Clinical Simulation Across the Health Professions and its' impact in your current position as a healthcare professional. Please utilize all of the Resources provided by each of the modules to support and enhance your understanding of each concept. You will learn about the following topics in this course: Module 1: Getting Started in Clinical Simulation-the Fundamentals Module 2: INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation Module 3: Implementing Simulation in the Curriculum Module 4: Developing a Simulation Center Module 5: Basics of Debriefing in Simulation Module 6: Evaluation Methods in Simulation Module 7: SPs in Simulation About The George Washington University School of Nursing Ranked among the top nursing schools by U.S. News & World Report, the George Washington University School of Nursing educates and inspires nurses to provide high-quality, compassionate person-centered health care. The school develops leaders actively engaged in health promotion, patient advocacy and healthcare innovation, and prepares exceptional nurse educators who pursue quality and advance the profession. The School of Nursing is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people and communities locally, nationally and globally. The school values lifelong learning and its students advance nursing practice, leadership and education as they make a difference in the world. For more in-depth simulation education, please see the GW Nursing Simulation Initiatives. https://nursing.gwu.edu/gw-nursing-simulation-initiatives...

RW
Jan 19, 2020

I found the course easy to follow and fit in to a busy work schedule. It gave me insight in how to incorporate simulation into my teaching and the importance of following standards of best practice.

SG
Aug 8, 2019

This was a great course to familiarize myself to the process of simulation. I appreciate all the details and components of the process that help to make simulation such a great learning methodology.

51 - 75 of 220 Reviews for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

By Jillian H

Apr 13, 2020

This was great! I have accessibility factors and it was very user friendly. I really like how the questions that we had to respond to created adapt beyond answering questions like a test . Great work and thank you for this!

By Rajat S

Jul 23, 2020

The course is written with great care and can be understood by people who are new to this field of simulation in healthcare. I really enjoyed the course and the knowledge received is priceless. Thank you all.

By Mary A

Jun 8, 2020

Very helpful information. It really helped me understand my role as faculty.facilitator of learning and the promotion of the students' learning process plus the evaluation of their clinical application.

By Rhena W

Jan 20, 2020

By Karen H

Aug 2, 2021

This course reviews foundational concepts of simulation, its uses, accreditation topics and evaluation. I recommend it for those interested in pursuing the use of simulation at their institution.

By Kathleen M D

Feb 24, 2021

Excellent course with relevant content, great advice on managing simulation programs, and thoughtful questions to make the student think about how best to implement evidence-based simulation.

By Dr. V B K

Sep 2, 2020

It is a great experience to be a part of this course. All the sessions are made with perfection, and the participants can feel, as if the sessions are being conducted live

By Cynthia F

May 9, 2020

This course was very thorough but basic enough for a beginner to understand. I enjoyed it. It gave me a lot to reflect upon concerning our simulation program. Thank you!

By Shirley W B

Jun 7, 2020

This was a very informative course on clinical simulation. The SP was the most difficult, having no experience. I hope this would be a long-range goal for our program.

By Jennifer E S

Provides great resources and information essential to simulation. I recommend all faculty involved in simulation participate in the self-paced education opportunity.

By Collene T

Feb 26, 2021

Great course!

Some of the web links and references did not work. I could not access the information that I was supposed to . This course covered everything in detail!

By Tamara M

Jun 19, 2020

This was an excellent course I learned so much about simulation and improvements that I need to make in my practice. Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn!

By Susan H

May 7, 2020

Wonderful presentation with an abundance of information that I will be able to utilize as we build our simulation center! I am very thankful for this opportunity!

By Ami B

Jan 12, 2020

An excellent course for healthcare simulation educators! This course provides so many resources and ideas for development and improvement of simulation centers.

By Ashley M B

Nov 3, 2020

I learned so much. Simulations practice could be done with healthcare or business. I cant wait to add this to my resume for job opportunity. Thanks a lot!!!!

By Karen J D

Apr 24, 2021

Great course! Great helps and information! Provided guidance and overall knowledge towards my doctoral research on simulation in nursing education. Thank you!

By colleen m

Very Informative and thought provoking. In one module, unable to access simulation links which made that content difficult to review. Otherwise useful course.

By Catalina I R

Feb 4, 2021

Excellent guide to develop a simulation program, from beginners to advanced. Excellent and highly capable speakers. Thanks for the opportunity to meet them.

By Pamela R

Jul 26, 2020

Thank you for this opportunity. This a very effective course in Simulation--comprehensive and valuable for both novice and experienced Simulation Educators.

By Catherine C

Jan 17, 2021

This course is outstanding! The pace was just right. And the presenters were experts in the field as well as their own topic of interest. Very well done!

By Jennifer Y

Oct 29, 2020

Some areas were a review for me; other reinforcement; and many other areas new information. Courses were well presented. I highly recommend this course.

By Gail F

Mar 26, 2021

Excellent review of healthcare simulations. Some typos in the transcripts. Also, DR-ED is from Michigan State, not University of Michigan (module 7).

By Katherine M

Dec 18, 2020

This course was excellent. I can't believe that I was able to take it for free. I wish there were more courses like this for healthcare educators.

By Carla W

Sep 20, 2020

This class was my introduction to Clinical Simulation and now I am hooked!

Thank you for the excellent presentations and for sharing your expertise!

By Tammy R

Mar 24, 2020

This course is a great way to implement a simulation program within your university. It includes everything you need to know from start to finish.