Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AM
Mar 29, 2020

what an amazing course, so much information and yet so easy to understand, would recommend going over a few of the videos and supplemental reading a few times, take the time needed, it'll be worth it.

BC
Jun 23, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

326 - 350 of 7,871 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Chris S

Apr 9, 2021

Not enough descriptions or labs to help really understand what you need to know.

By Dario B

Feb 15, 2021

I had to do a lot of outside research. this is not teaching, but reading...

By Mohammed A M S K

Jun 14, 2021

T​hings are not explained in detail

By Justin M

Oct 19, 2021

This course was a lot harder than I expected. I guess I was thinking since the first course wasn't too hard that this one wouldn't be. Well, it was hard and I need to go back and study my notes because I have been consuming massive amounts of information at a fast rate and I don't want to forget what I've learned. That being said, I am so thankful for what I've learned and accomplished. I loved the course but my advice is don't rush through and take handwritten notes. I believe you will retain more of what you're learning with handwritten notes on top of the videos.

By Mohamed.m. K

Oct 24, 2021

The most interesting thing I learned in this course Not a specific thing, but in general a close and systematic view of many, many concepts and definitions within the world of bits and bytes The most difficult moments in which I suffered was the abundance of information in most units, so that sometimes it is difficult for me to absorb all this amount of information at once. And of course I look forward to taking the next course in IT Support Specialist certification

By Oziegbe V E

Jun 24, 2021

I really enjoyed the course, as a beginner somehow i wasn't lost. I had tried learning about computer networking before but it was a bit too difficult so i left it, I guess it was because they just dived right into the complexity. But this course takes you from zero upward. Though I had to watch some videos more than once to understand but that is just the process of learning. I liked the lecturer's geeky jokes to keep one's attention.

By PRAGNYA P P

Oct 18, 2021

I use to struggle with the networking concepts and tried very hard in class to get what the teacher actually meant and now after taking up this course, I feel very confident with the concepts and it is really great that this course started with the basics and it strengthened my foundation and also I have developed a keen interest in networks all credits to the teacher and course. Thank you so much :)

By Pete M H

Dec 12, 2021

The Networking section of this specialization is well organized and the facilitator is precise with his relay of valuable information, while avoiding any unnecessary filler content. The content for Networking is already dense as it is, so it was a relief to not have to go through the transcript and filter out the non-pertinent information. This was a huge benefit to my fast-intake learning style.

By Ronald L

Nov 19, 2021

Networking subnetting ipv6 were all tough , I sure am glad I finished up on the course but I know there is a lot more of these areas to learn about . It made me realize that I needed to apply more time to the different areas to stay fresh in it. I can see why it is a field of constant learning. There will always be more to learn about and I think that is the most intriguing part of IT work..

By Aleksandar T

Aug 1, 2021

I absolutely loved the second course of the proffessional certificate. It really made me polish some existing skills and also learn new and exciting things which I can use in the real world. I felt absolutely challenged and enjoyed going through the material and going through the material. My course guide was very thorough, clear and detailed on the reading material and lectures.

By Segundo T

Nov 15, 2021

Excellent material and an outstanding way of guiding the learner through the course, having us complete tasks as we follow along with the instructors. Bravo, Coursera and Google!!! I sincerely thank you, and I am finishing up the sysadmin course now! Hopefully, before X-mas, I will have completed the entire certification so as to start the new year with an inspiring new career.

By Danny D

Aug 2, 2021

Understading how networking worked was something I never thought about. Now, I think about it when I surf the web or write an email or when I update my list on my phone, and it's on my computer as well. All of the packets being constructed, torn down and reconstructued. Just to see the weather in Tokyo. I learned so many things and how it all works in unison.

By Gregory M

Jul 7, 2021

I learned a LOT from this course and I was offered a job the day of my completion. My new job starts on August 10, 2021 and it involves a LOT of the hardware specs included in this course. I truly hope that more men and WOMEN learn these skill sets. Ladies, you can do this just as well as any man. Don't let your gender keep you from learning this skill.

By Abraham M

Oct 1, 2021

The Google IT Support Specialization course is one big and straight question: Do you wish to work in the IT Support industry?. The answer to the questions, regardless of it, is going through this course. The users will have a clear answer and will be wiser in such way they can make a better decision on their next carrier step. Very well done Google.

By Charles B

Dec 22, 2020

This was a very challenging course. Networking, networking systems, troubleshooting networks, anatomy of a network were covered by this course. It really made me work and think about the concepts and subject matter a bit more deeply. Overall, I enjoyed taking the course. I am looking forward to more challenging courses to come.

By Joel G

Mar 7, 2021

This course is amazing! Though it really is technical in nature but how this course was outlined really made it easy to go through. Every new course gives out valuable learning and I love how the quizzes as well as the graded assessments are set up. I am so happy to finally completed this course! Now, on with the next module! :)

By Denis V

Feb 8, 2018

Huge amount of material for those who start from scratch. But all way through the course an instructor was explaining the material in a way that you understand the whole picture of networking. I probably have to look again through some material parts or study some additionally, but I would definenetely rate this course a 5 stars.

By Nabeel H

Apr 27, 2021

Very informative course networking systems, protocols, and devices like IP, TCP, DHCP, DNS, routers, IPV4/6, TCP 5 layer, wireless networking.

It can be a bit technical but if you can just copy important bits of info from transcript and save to a notes app or within coursera, then you can better comprehend the material as i did

By SM

Aug 10, 2020

The course teaches a lot, and teaches it well. It's like taking a college course at a very good university. I will be taking the A+ core 1 and 2 later this year. This isn't a review class for A+ but it is like a great companion course of study - to really understand networking from all layers and in a variety of implementations.

By Keirra L

Dec 9, 2020

Every time I start a new course I always worry that I won't grasps the concepts, or that I will lose interest in the material I am learning, but Google's course is inviting, fun and always pushes me to move forward in my studies. I absolutely enjoy every moment I spend staring at my computer, and am always eager to learn more!

By S J M S

Jul 13, 2020

Very DEEP course had some browser glitches and I had to retake several test over and over because some low scores cached in my browser (Chrome). When I finally figured this out it cost me several days. I finished the course in about 1 week (not 6 weeks), but it could have been less. I finished other NON-IT courses in 2-3 days.

By Aster M

Really LOVE how things are being covered. Though this is my first networking course that I have taken, it's really easy to grasp and the concepts with the analogies are perfect for beginners like me. I really enjoyed it. From now on, I will further my knowledge from this course and take it further into my career. Thank you. (:

By Dani R

Jun 24, 2020

Very exciting!!! This course is not very practical, it's mostly theory, but all these information is extremely important to understand what actually you are doing in a network and why. I'm grateful for having such good teacher, because most things were pretty technical, but Victor managed to keep it exciting, and interesting.

By Helen D

Apr 8, 2018

It was an amazing experience. I had an idea of how networks functioned but no idea that the transmission of a single 8 bit datagram was so complex to send. It is amazing that it happens in the blink of an eye, over and over again. I learned so much more beyond that but, that it was I found most interesting. I loved the class!

By Mary-Love T

Apr 23, 2021

Okay, honestly, I hated this course, cuz its complex to me, but the Instructor made it absolutely bearable, with his smiles and puns and all. I learnt a whole lot anyways, but I guess more practicals would be better, or maybe I guess not since it is a complex course. Thorough material, well done Google! And thank you Victor!