Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

DL

Feb 23, 2021

This course was amazing and helped me understand so much more about networking, things I never thought I would know or understand. Very fulfilling and I can't wait to use this knowledge going forward.

BC

Jun 23, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

326 - 350 of 9,590 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Anthony R

Jul 19, 2021

Most courses are filled with mistakes and errors, the modules don't work well, the information is outdated, and annoying jokes and liberal politics are forced on the student. This course should in no way be labelled as preparation for the CompTIA A+ exam. In information and conciseness, this course is far worse than Professor Messer's free YouTube series. The only thing this is good for really is the badge and credential, though I'm still not sure how much benefit this provides.

By Saba S

Jan 6, 2022

Hi, This is the same issue from over 6 months until now not solve so please solve it as soon as possible. When I'm in the "Partitioning and Formatting a Disk Drive in Linux" Lab I pushed "Start Lab" button I get this message: Sorry, your quota has been exceeded for this lab. I asked for help from the Help center but I got worthless help so I tried again and again and this is what I got after all: {"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error"} So now What should I do?

By mark w

Jun 24, 2022

although the course is good the ipv6 compression quiz has not worked for three days. I get a confirmation that I have compressed all 10 addresses correctly but when I submit the quiz, it says I have 0 correct. It is a required quiz and you do not get credit for the course until you successfully pass the quiz. Other students are having the same issue. I have submitted 4 trouble tickets for that issue but I have had no response and it is still not working

By Jacob B

Dec 15, 2019

The first part started off great! Now I have started on week one of module two and every time I take week 1 test I receive a zero! Statistically there is no way I wouldn't get at least one right! I know some of them were correct but the format seems off and now I am locked out. Once this matter is resolved I will give a better rating but as of now it is ZERO stars!

By Nick F

Oct 24, 2021

It is just a primer. This will get you a job in the chat-box helping people perhaps. Very unhappy worst $40 I ever spent. I have had zero job responses even from employers since taking this course. If Coursera can find me a job in this field granted the chat-box is all it qualifies you for then I will re-write this review.

By Zarea S

Jun 29, 2022

IPv6 Compression quiz will not let me move foward and says "failed" even though I got all 10 answers correct. Can you guys please fix this quiz on your end. I've taken it 3 times, passed each time and "failed" keeps coming up after completing the quiz and clicking on "submit" regardless of a 10/10 grade. HELP PLEASE!

By Kameron G

Jun 24, 2022

Extremely buggy. If you do a project completely right it will still mark it inorrect and make you do it again. Having the right answers will not help you if the assignment is programmed incorrectly. Even after furiously googling the bugs and how to get around them, the workaround solutions don't always work.

By Monica H

May 21, 2021

The Quiz on Routes and Paths was a joke. Even when I clicked on the correct path and it was highlighted in green, I still received a 0. I tried at least 10 times or more. Went through the chat and I was a given a link to follow for help. I have yet to go to the links. Attempting to follow the links now.

By PUNIT M

Jun 29, 2022

don't even bother with this course. There's a glitch with IPv6 compression graded assesment which will always give you 0% even if you give all the correct answers and you won't be able to complete this course or get a certificate. Really feels bad considering this is provided by google.Pathetic!

By Sean T

Aug 24, 2021

The courses truly are an expensive version of free information you can find online, there was no additional value that any of these courses offered than any other learning outlet would have.

It is seriously putrid that that any of these courses are being lauded as a worthwhile endeavor.

By Heather S

Jun 23, 2022

If I could give this course negative stars I would. It's all because of the quiz at the end, IPv6 compression. I've probably tried this quiz at least 8 times already and even though I have all of the correct answers it says 0%, try again and failed. It ruined the entire course for me.

By Tara T

Jan 29, 2021

I did not learn anything practical in this course. It was all about memorization and test taking, but didn't teach me how to apply any of the information in a functional way in real-life support situations.

By Ryan K

Aug 31, 2021

Basically same thing as everyone else says, you're gonna do most of your learning off the platform after they say something you don't understand and you google it. Maybe that's why its a "Google IT" course?

By Adelajda K

Apr 5, 2021

The worst course I have seen. It is just filled with plain theoretic knowledge that doesn't provide any real life benefit in an IT support job. It would be better to provide some practical skills instead.

By Mitchell E

Jun 30, 2022

There is a quiz in week 6 that is bugged at the moment and you cannot pass. You cant complete the course without passing that quiz and you cant get your certificate without finishing the that course

By Hans T

Apr 2, 2018

Accessing the graded assessments was a nightmare, with completely wrong login instructions for the Windows section in Qwiklabs, as many other users have also noted. A very poorly structured course.

By Jane M T

Apr 27, 2021

With this much dense material covered, you'd expect more visual aids rather than an instructor looking you straight in the eyes for 3 minutes straight dishing out jargons every other second.

By Adrianna S

Jun 3, 2021

The IP6v compression test was broken! I had to finish the the test a week late because I had to lurk around in the forums to find out a solution, it would have been nice to have an update.

By Kevork Z

Aug 7, 2020

Just raw information. Nothing practical like the previous course. Nothing that I can do with my hands thru Remote Desktop. TO resolve any problem, just tests. School type boring.

By LaShai J

Jun 27, 2022

The course is great until you reach week 6 and can't pass the quiz because there's a bug and now you can no longer receive a certificate of completion.

By Muhammad R A P

Feb 18, 2021

The test contains a lot of question which has differing opinions online, from technical and academical standpoint, especially about OSI layers.

By Tom S

Aug 24, 2021

Aside from the fact that this course was riddled with errors, there aren't enough practical examples of using this information in real life.

By Zac B

Jan 24, 2021

Extremely complicated information packed into very dense segments. Not easy to understand in the slightest, and certainly not for beginners.

By Andre C

Jun 29, 2022

Not really great spending time and paying money on a course that has a known glitch and I can not receive the certificate for it.

By Yuan Z

Nov 15, 2020

should have more slides when giving lectures, make me very sleepy just watching a man talking their, not a very good course