Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AY

Dec 30, 2020

The course had some ups and downs, but it was a good challenge and I did it! I learned so much and I never knew I could do this kind of course. I have gained so much knowledge now from when I started.

AA

Mar 25, 2020

Great course. It is great for beginners and for people that may have forgotten a thing or two. The way it was taught makes it so much better than reading man pages or something else as dry and boring.

351 - 375 of 9,614 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By johanathan c

Jun 26, 2022

glitches i may seek refund soon i dont even know how to move on to other courses in google it until they fix the glitch

By Sarah M

Jan 12, 2022

Finished all courses in the Google cert. Didn't recieve the promised Credly badge and associated ACE credit. Scam

By Mack S

Apr 23, 2020

Some quizzes are senseless, the course itself is fool of too much information some of it I don't think its useful

By Shikha K S

Jun 27, 2020

I did not receive my certificate, though have completed the course and keeps asking me to verify ID

By Ana R

Apr 19, 2021

Horrible, cant get passed test 3 for Operating Systems, because of so many issues with qwiklab.

By Hamid N

Feb 17, 2021

Almost nothing practical, a bunch of theories which are not used at least in IT support field.

By MEHAK G

May 13, 2021

worst website. too many glitchy. students do not use this page this is a waste of time .

By ROHIT G

Jun 9, 2020

i did'nt got my certificate and this site id verification sucks really.... please help

By Stan L

Jun 14, 2021

rubbish ending week 6 quiz have bug , 2nd time i encountered in this google course

By Meme M

Sep 8, 2021

god this is death i hope no one else has to do this course

fun sometimes though :)

By Ahmet E

May 3, 2021

Less practice with more on theoretical experience.Does not fit for it experience

By Muhammad U K

Jan 12, 2023

I recently took The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking course and I am very happy with the experience. The course was incredibly informative and practical, providing me with hands-on experience and knowledge that I can apply to my future career.

The instructor was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the topic matter. The instructor provided real-world examples and case studies to illustrate the concepts being taught, which helped me to better understand and retain the material.

One of the things I appreciated most about the course was the emphasis on hands-on learning. I was given the opportunity to work on real-world projects and simulations, which allowed me to put the concepts I was learning into practice. This made the material much more meaningful and relevant to my current job and future career.

Overall, I highly recommend The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking course to anyone looking to gain a solid understanding of the basics of computer networking. The course is well-structured, engaging, and provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the field. I feel confident that the knowledge and skills I gained in this course will be invaluable to me in my current job and future career.

By Asad A

Jan 15, 2023

The course I took on "The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking" was an incredibly informative and engaging experience. The instructor was extremely knowledgeable and had a wealth of experience in the field. The course content was well-organized and covered a wide range of topics, from the basics of cloud computing/IPv6 to more advanced concepts. I appreciated the level of engagement and interaction in the course, as it allowed me to learn from my peers as well as the instructor. The assessments were challenging and helped me to measure my understanding and progress. The course materials were easily accessible and the course support was excellent. I strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in learning about Networking.

By Erica E

Nov 29, 2022

I am absolutely thrilled with this course and would recommend it to anyone looking to make a career change into IT. The information was presented very well, the topics and concepts were very organized, and the teachers made everything easy to understand. The quizzes and tests were relevant to all the concepts taught and even challenge you to make further connections with the material than what was taught in the videos (in a good way!). I felt set up for success after each learning module. If you are thinking about making the change into IT, stop thinking and start doing - with this course!

By Beverly O

Jun 1, 2022

I have always studied computer networking and read wide and large. However, none of the courses I have taken before, or content I have read before, have given me the in-deph understanding that I have gained taking this course. I loved the challenges which provided a way for me to reiterate what I have just learnt, and increase my understanding of the concepts. The instructor was very clear in his explanations. The interview roleplay at the end was also quite insightful - I got to act as the interviewee and I was glad that my thought process was same as what was actually expected.

By Waseem A

Jan 6, 2023

I recently got a certificate from Google for completing Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking course. I was really impressed by the quality of the course material and level detail that was provided. The course was comprehensive and covered a wide range of topic from basic coding to more advanced topics. The Instructor was also very knowledgeable and provided great insight into the course material. The certificate also looks great and a great way to showcase my achievements. All in all, I'm very pleased with my experience and highly recommend getting a certificate from Google.

By Kyle J

Jun 8, 2022

That was more complicated than I thought it'd be, but in a good way! Time and again, I thought of how amazingly creative and intelligent the people who designed all these networking technologies must have been/currently are. Just the fact that these technologies exist, that the physics behind them actually work in this way... it's impossible not to marvel at it all. Even if I don't ever touch networking outside of troubleshooting connections and setting up routers and the like, I'll always have a greater appreciation for the stuff happening inside the wires, now. Thank you!

By Rehan A

Jan 23, 2023

It was a super excellent experience with this course and the instructors really explained it very well. All the concepts were cleared in one go and the way of their explanation was just absolutely awsome. In a smooth and entertaining manner, they completed the whole course and delivered so much valuable and potential knowledge. That was seriously amazing. I would love to learn more from these instructors in the future.

The course itself is a great comprehensive source of learning. Each and every single module has its own worth and the content was also super defining.

By Justin M

Oct 19, 2021

This course was a lot harder than I expected. I guess I was thinking since the first course wasn't too hard that this one wouldn't be. Well, it was hard and I need to go back and study my notes because I have been consuming massive amounts of information at a fast rate and I don't want to forget what I've learned. That being said, I am so thankful for what I've learned and accomplished. I loved the course but my advice is don't rush through and take handwritten notes. I believe you will retain more of what you're learning with handwritten notes on top of the videos.

By Sandy N

Jan 16, 2023

I am very happy to take this course. starting from the introduction of computer networking then basic networking, 5 layers network, routing, subneting, wireless to IPv6 which I just learned this time. I am very grateful for being allowed to take this course. Hopefully by taking this course I can apply it to where I work. The most thrilling thing about running this course was completing the graded assessments. I was really worried about getting a substandard grade but luckily I passed it. I hope I can continue taking courses again for different subject matter.

By Michael F

Oct 11, 2022

This informative section covers the basics of networking history, including devices, domains, and core internet protocols. The course ends with an overview of advanced networking topics, including DNS, cloud computing, IPv6 tunneling, and modern network troubleshooting techniques.

The instructors are knowledgeable and qualified to be teaching this section. Despite having worked in IT for several years, I learned something new each week. I wish a program like this had been available when I first entered the field.

Thanks, Google (and Coursera)

By Faisel K

Aug 29, 2022

Difficult to get through if you are not technically minded or have any tech background (hence you have to learn by researching and not just relying on the course) especially week 2 graded assignment, but overall it was really good with loads of technical details and understanding. It's amazing to believe that Google has been able to make this course to be available with so much optimism. I like the it's rooted on the ground and is relatedable. Thank you for making me feel that I can be a part of this and strive for a career in IT

By Ronald D G

Jul 12, 2022

I really enjoyed this course and the curriculum that went along with it. I was very informative and educational, with the videos for each lesson as well as the transcript of everything the lecturers said. Not only that, but I liked how a subject would be taught and more and more information would be built upon that topic as the lessons went on. Taken one topic and breaking it down in such a detail manner. I don't know, it might just be me, but I find this information so interesting and exciting. Thank you, Coursera

By Jeph C

Jan 30, 2022

This course was exceptional. It's a very throrough sweep of computer networking as a whole. There were certain topics that could have been expanded on, but the instructors were always keen on offering a few outside source suggestions. They were very transparent when it came to "hey, we could talk forever on this topic. We strongly encourage you to research on your own.".

I definitely feel much more confident talking shop about computer networking after this course. Had a blast!

By Mohamed M K

Oct 24, 2021

The most interesting thing I learned in this course Not a specific thing, but in general a close and systematic view of many, many concepts and definitions within the world of bits and bytes The most difficult moments in which I suffered was the abundance of information in most units, so that sometimes it is difficult for me to absorb all this amount of information at once. And of course I look forward to taking the next course in IT Support Specialist certification