Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

WW
Nov 8, 2020

Great overview of the technical aspects of networking that, once again, started from the very "I know nothing basics" and moved to more advanced topics at a rate that this beginner could keep up with.

AM
Mar 29, 2020

what an amazing course, so much information and yet so easy to understand, would recommend going over a few of the videos and supplemental reading a few times, take the time needed, it'll be worth it.

351 - 375 of 7,682 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By David J

Aug 15, 2020

Wow it was really hard but I get a lof of knowlodge from this course, they will give you basics and after proficiencies study material. It was hard to get know this area and memorize it, but I did it. I think it will help me to get now more with network area, probably I will be able to do someting with it

By Luis

Jun 29, 2020

This was a great course. A lot of information was packed into this course but all very essential, well presented and very organized. I really enjoyed and appreciated the enthusiasm from the main instructor, and was overjoyed when I finally completed the course. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 7, 2018

Thanks for everything, it was a pleasure to finish this course satisfactorily.

The content seems to be a lot, but in the field of computer networks there are many topics that we should know and consider for the implementation and administration of information technologies.

Best regards

Gamaliel Vazquez

By April Z

Jul 7, 2020

This course was tougher than I thought it was going to be, but still super informative. I was familiar with the majority of the concepts, but this class really dove into the details of why we use things, what they were created for, how they are beneficial, when we use them, and how to use them. LOVED it!

By Patrick A

It’sa really tough course and I needed to go through the Five Layer Network model several times to get through the written portion but I’m so glad I stuck with it. The material is challenging but it needs to be because this stuff isn’t simple. Thanks to Coursera for regular emails reminding me to finish!

By Karen G

Jun 27, 2021

v​ery informative and well organized. I paused the videos often to take in depth notes, and frequently rewatched sections or whole videos. I will definetly be returing to specific videos and my notes for refreshers before interviews! This felt like a proper three credit worth class over a whole semester

By Carson B

Mar 17, 2018

Awesome course, much more intensive than the 1st, but chalked full of useful information.

Some of those quizzes are tricky. If you add or take away a space, misspell, or don't word it exactly as it's supposed to be. You might be at a standstill for 8 hours. Do your research and triple check your answers.

By Stephen G J

Sep 11, 2020

A very challenging course chock full of information!!! I found the discussions about IPv4 vs IPv6 particularly interesting. I would've liked the opportunity to use the virtual machines in real life scenarios to apply and learn more about using the networking troubleshooting skills that were introduced.

By Jussara L

Aug 20, 2020

Conteúdo excelente, abre a mente para o mundo de redes, já havia tido um contato com o assunto antes, mas esse curso me analisar o problema de uma forma diferente, as analogias feitas durante o curso para possamos assimilar o conteúdo é algo encantador. Superou minhas expectativas em todos os aspectos.

By Zaheer K

Jul 25, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and especially the troubleshooting section in week 6. The interview role play regarding networking was awesome. Adding further role-plays as a learning tool could have been valuable. Some practical assessments using quicklabs could have enhanced learning. Thank you Coursera!

By JRC 4

Feb 27, 2018

Awesome course. However you guys need to explain the rules of the compression of the iPv6 quiz. Had to go to the discussion forums to figure it out but that's what made it challenging and more fun as well. However, it still would have helped if you provided the rules written out in the first place.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course has been the most challenging for me throughout this course, I have a lot of previous knowledge on networking but i really never studied the network layers topology as thoroughly as this course did. My previous knowledge did help me grasp the curriculum a lot more efficiently.

By Castro M S

Aug 9, 2019

Sir.Victor just nailed this course not only because of so informative according to me interactive keeps a head while learning Online courses this man does includes some fun facts in the middle of the course and always keeps a smiling and a cheerful face.So I am so glad and happy to take this course.

By Daniel P

Aug 28, 2018

An excellent presentation of networking basics. This course gives a broad overview of how networking works and the underpinnings of all modern communications, useful for understanding when troubleshooting, coding a new app, or just as a fun exercise doing binary addition or calculating a subnet mask.

By Joseph C

Aug 12, 2021

this was an excellent(albeit pretty tough) introduction into how computers work over a network, each week got more and more informative but also definitely upped the difficulty(lookin at you week 2 and 6!) but all in all, it was really awesome, and a great insight to the nitty gritty of networking.

By Osoraa N

Jun 3, 2021

I sudenly know a whole lot more about these networking stuff I see all around me. While my current knowledge might not be exhaustive, the way Google has delivered this course has done nothing but pique my interest in IT. I always thought IT-Support was something very daunting, but I'm good now...😂

By Fer

Mar 22, 2021

There is a lot of great information packed into this course. I needed to repeat a lot of videos, read certain things over and over, in order to try and understand how it all makes sense about computer networking. It has been very rewarding and feeling great about moving ahead for the certification.

By Ivon C

Nov 25, 2020

I loved the course it kept me intrigued at all times. I learned things in ways that I could understand them. I fooled around a lot in college and didn't pay attention, but learning here was so interesting this time around I gave my all. thank you so much. I'm looking forward to learning much more.

By Robert H

Apr 13, 2021

This is a very well-done overview of computer networking. You will have to read and dig deeper after you learn new terms and concepts, but this field is for lifelong learners, so it shouldn't be a problem. The people at Google are pros. I was very happy to learn all of this valuable information.

By Gary L M

Jun 5, 2018

While I doubt I would be able to get a job in network administration or repair at an advanced level at this time< I feel this course would give me an advantage over other beginners applying for an entry level network position. And pointed me in directions on how to improve my skills on my own.

By Angel B

Mar 8, 2021

I loved this course. It taught me so much about how computers communicate with each other so that we have the internet. Excellent job trying to be as simple as possible. It must have been difficult but Google did a nice job explaining it. I look forward to the next course. Keep up the good job!

By Akshaykumar K

Nov 27, 2020

It's very important to cleared your basics knowledge before starting advance courses. This is course which gives you very basic concepts knowledge 📝🤔 and hands-on experience 🧐, also gives samples how give interview. Also build your confidence and how to present yourself. 😎

Thanks To All 🙂

By OLanrewaju J I

Sep 14, 2020

This course was really impact-full and well packaged for me to develop myself.

I thought i knew a lot on networking, with my networking fundamental knowledge! this course made me realize that i still have a lot and it gave me a sense of direction in understating computer networking.

By Ezra I S W

Aug 9, 2019

This course amazingly explains computer networking in general. Not too detailed but not too simple either. Visualization is excellent and the explanation is superb. For me, this course filled in the gaps for my theoretical understanding of computer networking. Highly recommended for beginners.

By Ernesto E

May 19, 2019

I really think this is an excellent course even for Professional who have been in field for decades. It will correct some assumptions you have an give you indepth greater understanding on the OSI model and its many layers upon layers you thought you knew. If you are starting out, even more so.