Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

ID
Dec 13, 2020

I'd like to recommend this course as it was instrumental in providing for me the necessary push to shift industries. The course content was well thought-of, clear, easy to absorb and very interesting.

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

26 - 50 of 1,046 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By Josh T

Feb 16, 2018

This is a great course for anyone starting out their own business or in an organisation, who is aware of the enormous benefits effective content marketing can bring. Each module is divided into clear, relevant and very insightful topics. The course content is top quality, and picks apart the concepts that are crucial to the successful implementation of content marketing. The delivery is also excellent - very clear explanations, backed up by examples. The format is ideal, since you can watch, re-watch, listen and re-listen as many times as you need to.

My one criticism is that there is probably too much reading that isn't that relevant to the assignments in weeks 3 and 4. If you actually sat down and read through every reading material given you'd never get any work done. This could be refined a bit more.

By KAUSHIK G V

Apr 30, 2020

An amazing course that opens up a world of opportunities and learning for people looking to get into the Digital Marketing space. A must for any student with a great instructor in Sonia who helped elucidate the various concepts in the course. The additional material will prove to be great guidance through your content journey and your career prospects. Thanks to Coursera, UC Davis, Rainmaker Digital, Sonia, Brian and all other people who helped make this course the great experience that it was. It's a shame that it is only a one-off course but I hope many students stand to benefit from it.

By Bilal M

Feb 26, 2019

Its Excellent course to learn copy writing for new comers who want to learn copy writing. There were lot of study materials, evaluations and more over practise assignments which makes it a wonderful course. Thank you for the oppurtunity to learn.

By Liza V

Apr 26, 2020

The strength of the course is provide in exercises than the content/video lectures. I have some issues with logistics - some video lectures are very short and do not provide direction that the remaining audio of that lecture can be found in downloads. Information can be better organized.

The downside is having assignments peer-reviewed, as sometimes I have to go through several rounds of revisions and submissions due to peer scoring, but they do not provide comprehensive feedback on what I should be improving. It makes it difficult to progress. I would prefer to have instructors provide feedback on my assignments.

I did not like that the first week of the lesson was about creating a website to be a content marketer, I think it could have been used for better information. The videos are succinct and do not go very in depth as the instructors depend on the students to read heavily on the e-books that are provided.

By Hui W C

Sep 9, 2020

The course itself was great. But I can't give it more than 2 stars due to the peer-reviewed assignments. Some learners uploaded blank assignments. Others uploaded random editorial content from third party websites. Also, the comments learners receive on their work are unhelpful. Some comments are gibberish, just nonsensical consonant clusters. Thus, learners will likely be unable to complete the course, even if they do complete the coursework. It would be much better if assessment was done solely through quizzes. The peer-reviewed work should be optional and should not prevent learners from completing the course.

By Niki F

Jun 1, 2020

Unfortunately, this course was mainly filled with podcasts, no visuals, and assignments which lacked information. I had high hopes for this course and the reading material was very well written. However, for a course that was meant to teach me how to capture information and generate sales, it couldn't even capture my attention!

By Tan Y N

I started this course wanting to learn about content marketing from instructors who were experts in the field, and seemed keen and ready to share their tips.

However, this course left me sorely disappointed. There's no doubt that a lot of insightful course content is provided, but most of this content are not in the actual course videos, but rather in downloadable "podcasts" attached to each lesson in MP3 format.

The podcasts contain valuable information and tips on content marketing, but come with absolutely no visual aids, subtitles or any of the great features Coursera has equipped its platform with (scrolling subtitles, note-taking function, etc). This means that learning for those who have trouble understanding the audio, or visualising certain concepts is greatly hindered.

It also means that one should be prepared to spend a great deal of extra time on top of what's reflected in the course requirements to listen to lengthy mp3 tracks without any guides.

There also seems to be a certain slant towards various service providers in the course - for instance, WordPress is recommended as the top go-to site for creating one's personal website. This promotion of specific 3rd party brands is something I am not entirely comfortable with and I would have greatly appreciated if the instructors could have weighed the pros and cons of these services against their competitors so users can make an informed choice.

Overall, I am happy with the amount and quality of the course content, but a whole lot more could have been done to make taking in, and learning this content a less painful experience.

By Sean C

Dec 27, 2020

I'd give it zero stars if I could. This course is poorly set up with mostly separate "podcasts" as the lecture (no transcriptions by the way) which, honestly, feels like a repurposing of Copyblogger company material. It feels like they simply tried to make some more money off of material they already had. The peer-reviewed course assignments in weeks 3 and 4 are extraordinarily vague in their presentation, yet constitute so much of the graded portion that it is essentially the entire outcome of passing or failing this course. They continue to say, "Now we're going to discuss how to put your empathy map together," and then they go off on a tangent and never do it then present a 5 page PDF that has almost nothing to do with everything they just said, not to mention they give you no rubric for how these assignments are graded to begin with. Also, throughout the course they mention names and allude to people they must know in the copy world in the course as if we are supposed to know them- like they're household names. And finally, the course provides no academic or fact-based source material to provide any sort of "Strategy" to "Market" your "Content." This was 5 weeks of listening to Copyblogger's opinion on how they run their company. An unbelievable waste of time and money.

By Corina

Aug 14, 2020

If you like to experience what Strategic Content Marketing is about, this is how it should not be. Hopelessly frustrating... lots of chitchat without focus... lots of lnikbuilding for the publisher of the course copy blogger. Yes, content marketing is about building relationships & try to hold the attention. And link building is an important part but let's be honest and fair, this is no academic course... this is painfully mistaken advertising for copyblogger for hours... To be honest, it is the first course I have not completed although I started with the objective to complete it. Too painful that my attention is taken for a ride in this ongoing commercial, at week 4 (only 1,5 weeks to go) I could no longer bear the lack of direction. I quit.

By David T

Sep 6, 2020

I hate gradating system, we review for people and just sit there hope less that someone will review your assignment back, not just that. The information about this program was out of date, there a lots of change in business industry and not all information about this course was useful. A lots people when they do discuss the just put N/A and you get lot of spam when you need someone review your assuagement, you review them and they never review you back. And if you want to pass this class you need to pass assignment.

By Colleen O

Jun 17, 2021

Leans ENTIRELY TOO HEAVILY on Podcasts. There is nothing to hold interest. I can't just sit and listen to 2 people talking ad nauseum...my brain doesn't work that way! You are setting people, especially neurodivergent people, up for FAILURE! This is a really long commercial for the podcast, not an actually educational course! I will be demanding a refund!

By Alireza B

Aug 28, 2020

The course was too easy and it was just common sense. You could have passed the quizzes without listening to the speaker or reading any of the course materials. The talks with the invited experts was also common sense. No real skills taught.

By David V D

Sep 2, 2020

This was a really poorly run course, with very little teaching content or outline for what was needed from the assignments. The course would not be relevant for someone already working within content creation as it is extremely high-level.

By E-zan

Sep 8, 2019

The lectures were not as informative as expected. I had high hopes for this course. :(

By Egor S

Aug 23, 2020

Thank you for this incredible course!

It was so great to dive in a atmosphere of positive creativity and professionalism.

Thank you teacher, for all the lessons and examples, videos and tests.

Thank you Coursera, for giving chance to study for free in this difficult moment.

I'm refugee from Russia to Sweden, restarting my life again now in new country.

So, it's essential for me to have new skills and knowledge, for free now.

It was a blessing for me to take part in this course, really.

Thank you all!

By Ibekwe E C

Feb 3, 2019

This course takes even experienced folks through the whole process of understanding how well their content could be doing right now and how they can improve on it. Plus it helps you build a strategy for creating your content. Needless to say, you will understand the use of having a personal site as a professional. I had to get mine www.emmanueibekwe.com

By Ameenah A

Apr 18, 2020

Sonia Simone did a great job with this course. I can't imagine the number of new things I have learned as regards content creation.

I didn't just learn, I was able to put into practice what I have learned making it stick.

Thank you, Sonia Simone, UAC, and Coursera for giving me this opportunity to grow professionally.

By JAISHANKAR J L H

Nov 24, 2018

Phenomenal course which lit the spark within me to fully embrace the path of the content marketeer.

Thank you for opening up a new world to me and giving me a new vision. Simply stunning content. Don't hesitate, sign up now!

By Sven K

Apr 8, 2020

I just started getting into content marketing for my company. For a beginner like me this course was very informative. Furthermore the course is very well structured so that you can easily follow the lecturs.

By ROCIO L

Mar 6, 2019

This course is amazing, really excellent; the instructor is very clear, the structure is adequate; the assignments are really challenging, they really require to put the theory in practice, I recommend it.

By Aamir M

Apr 11, 2020

This course is super awesome. Lots of interesting tools and frameworks that are shared by the instructor and the assignments give you a wonderful chance to apply the same. I highly recommend it!

By Vickie R

Oct 13, 2019

An amazing theoretical and practical approach to content marketing for all levels but especially marketing professionals looking to fine tune their digital marketing skills.

By María S J O

Mar 6, 2019

Very helpful, and enlighting. Gives good solid advice on what you should focus on when creating content. Thank you very much Sonia and the whole UC Davis Team

By Anja P

Apr 13, 2018

Way more than I expected! Excellent course and real pleasure to read and listen to! Highly recommend it to everyone regardless of industry you work in.

By Urvashi P P

Jul 7, 2018

Very nice and decent course should be done by people who are into content marketing or people in corporates as the terms are useful for all .