Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

SM

Jul 08, 2020

Nice

By Rebecca S

Apr 23, 2020

First of all: I learned a lot. If you're new to content marketing or have a little experience in a related field but want to refresh your knowledge about content marketing you'll definitely find useful information.

My criticism goes towards the time schedule: in most weeks there are additional podcasts you need to hear which are not in the calculated total time. Also the description says 2-3 hours a week. The calculated time - without the sometimes over one hour podcast - says total times between 2:13 h and 5:56 . Plus time for research, setting up a website, ...

The readings are often very repetitive and feel more like advertising for copyblogger than educational material. I would have loved to hear for examples for different bussiness areas.

For a not native speaker nevertheless everything was understandable, in clear English with just as much technical terms as needed.

I'm not dissapointed I took this course and feel like I know a lot more than before. Just the time schedule needs improvement.

By Gabriele A

As i said to the final feedback, this is a very interesting course, except for the lack of subtitles in any podcast and more practical example during the lessons, such as real article or sample of them.

Furthermore, i would like to clarify that the review system for assignments is very unfair. I have read of people who complain that they are evaluated with ZERO flat points, this is because many people do not even bother to read the uploaded works. It is unthinkable that in such a course there can be no control for this type of situation, at least an internal feedback system to the assessments so that those who voted with clearly low marks are at least reported to the site.

In my case, i had to reload the project 4 times before looking for a truthful feedback on my work, which therefore inevitably delayed the conclusion of the course.

So, 3 stars for these "problems".

By Pippa M

Apr 16, 2020

The course was helpful in outlining some basic aspects of writing content marketing, especially the 7A and 4A framework. Below are some aspects that the course could improve on:

Demonstrate more clearly how to structure a strategy that could be presented to colleagues (the focus mainly fell on how to write content, rather than why it's being written).

The wording of the assignment tasks needs to be clearer. From peer reviewing some papers, some other students went completely off course.

By Benedetta F

May 13, 2020

Highly strategical course on content marketing. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a more practical approach. I would recommend it for beginners, as I already work in content marketing I sometimes found it too basic. Overall though, interesting to listen to navigated professional discuss the subject. For a course that talks about engaging content, I found the video lessons and the slides used awfully boring to look at and also quite ugly design-wise

By Aditya J P

Apr 08, 2020

It's not that great. The content for the first two weeks is amazing. There are podcasts hidden in the options of downloads, that I couldn't even find and getting peer-reviewed assignments corrected is a pain in the ass with bogus reviews all over and the forums are filled with students begging to have their assignment corrected. Just skip the course if you can or audit the first two weeks for videos, if needed.

By Jamil A S F

Apr 05, 2018

It started off quite good. However, this is directed towards people who have no business experience. If you are already a business owner, then it begins to become quite irrelevant. The coursework is just tedious, especially if you have already looked at this stuff for your own business. Couldn't bring myself to complete the course past week 4, because of how tedious and irrelevant it started to become.

By Tricia H

Aug 02, 2019

Unless I missed something the videos did not say to go to downloads for the podcasts. The admin told me to do so after I contacted them.

And, the assignment instruction could have been a bit clearer. For example, my interpretation of the assignment was to do it on ONE page, save as PDF, and submit. But the paper I reviewed was the PDF Worksheet outline filled out and re-saved as a PDF.

By Patsira S

The disadvantage of this course is the podcast that you provided. It has just voices. You should make subtitle of the whole podcast for non english speakers to listen more clearly. Sometimes the podcast without images or video is kind of boring and not effective. Btw, this course has a good point and cover almost all of good lessons that content marketers should know.

By Maha A

Apr 19, 2018

The content of the course is very good till week 3, the assignment is very confused and there is no an example or a case study to teach us how to make Empathy map, mapping customer's journey and experience map.

In terms of podcasts, I prefer if there are videos instead of it or at least if there is a transcript for podcasts to make it more easy to understand.

By Bobby M

Jun 09, 2020

There is a lot of good information in this course and it had a good overview of content marketing. However, the course ebooks and podcasts are often long and meander a bit. I would have preferred the information to be more summarised rather than long and conversational. The videos were quite good though. Overall, I would recommend the course.

By Anya

Jun 20, 2020

The peer-graded instructions could have been more clear. A sample of how it should be done should be provided to make understanding better. I had a nice time learning with Sonia Simone. I found only the instructions quite confusing rest was up to the mark. Thank you, Coursera and UC Davis for such a great opportunity.

By Neil C

Apr 29, 2020

Mixed reviews. I though the video presentations were great, made me think about content in a new way. However, I did not like the segments where they mixed in 1 minute videos and then 15 minute podcasts, pick a format and stick with it, Also the assignments need tightening up, instructions were very vauge

By Shreeraj S

Nov 23, 2019

Very well presented and lots of learning points that can be applied to the real world, but the content in it seems clickbait-y sometimes. Lots of unnecessary information present in some topics and I'm afraid the course needs updating to 2019 since a lot has changed in 5 years.

By Iratxe C

Jun 08, 2020

Course provides a lot of useful information via lessons and outside reading material, but it is content marketing material on it's own for an agency. Most of the podcasts vaguely mention the subject of the conversation but don't dive into it. I think is a good start.

By Victoria B

for such course the most useful for me would have been the examples of writing styles/stories that correspond to the theory of the course. I found myself wondering on many occasions that I am not sure how I should write to be more impactful. Theory was good though.

By Elizabeth G

Mar 29, 2020

I was hoping to take this course to learn about content marketing and to be able to use this in future jobs. I got a few videos in only to find out this is a course that teaches you to build your own website. This is not what I was wanting to learn about.

By Md. M H

May 16, 2020

The course content was very large specially too much PDF to read and using podcast into the main topic like empathy map and experience map i would say its not acceptable. so my recommendations is some balance needed

By Joanne Y

Very generous in providing more resources in content marketing. Though, not all videos are available. I needed to still research on topics on my own. But this course will help me a lot in setting up my website.