Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

ID
Dec 13, 2020

I'd like to recommend this course as it was instrumental in providing for me the necessary push to shift industries. The course content was well thought-of, clear, easy to absorb and very interesting.

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

51 - 75 of 1,046 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By Rebekah J I

Jul 31, 2018

Great Introductory course to Content Marketing. I found this course and the quality of information provided very valuable to my learning.

By Elsa P

Oct 25, 2017

This is a great course on content marketing! All the materials are well presented and even as a beginner you get lots of information!

By Taru B N

Apr 29, 2020

A must-have course for those who aim to have a good grip on content marketing and developing the strategies.

By Stephan S

Dec 21, 2017

Great, great, great!

By Catherine N

Sep 30, 2020

I think the information, the authority of Copyblogger, and Sonia's calm, friendly demeanor (along with her expertise) are all great. As an experienced B2B marketer I'm always looking to up my game, so I would prefer a more advanced level course on strategy and planning. Much of the stuff I knew already, though of course refreshers and confirmations are always useful. This course is perfect for somebody just getting started in content marketing because it gives a holistic overview. One final recommendation: the materials need updating in some places--for example, some of the links were no longer valid and references to Google+ need to be removed.

By L B

Sep 16, 2020

It’s a great course! Very insightful, gave me some strategies I look forward to putting into practice. However, the peer reviewed assignment system isn’t ideal. I did an assignment well... included all elements, put a lot of work into it, made it visually appealing... and a guy gave me all zeros stating I didn’t do anything. Little unfair.

By Robyn M

Sep 16, 2020

The course was great but the peer review process is bogus

By Beata M

Unfortunately following this course from the mobile application is nearly impossible, since almost every content is in the downloadable materials which is not reachable from a mobile phone.

Besides, the submissions are missing a rubric, which would be helpful for understanding what do they expect from the learners, unfortunately the misunderstanding resulted in very diverse results among the peer-reviewed submission.

Moreover, having peer-reviewed submissions may not be the best way of getting grades, since it seemed like leading to cultural differences: even if the written feedback was "everything was perfect", some peers gave 0 points, and there was no way to flag the reviews and have it checked by a professional.

Many course materials had nothing to do with the assignments, so it was great to listen to the calming voice of Sonia and it was a good addition to your general knowledge (and the ebooks are great!), it would be useful to have them in line with the assignments.

By Dewa A D D S

Mar 3, 2021

This was a very insightful fundamental course in enhancing copywriting skills. The course was very generous in giving materials and it certainly equipped with a lot of knowledge in learning content strategy.

However, I find the peer-review assignment that are supposedly workshop-based to be quite challenging particularly in understanding the content mapping strategy. Still, after understanding it in more detail, I learnt its importance and it is definitely a practice I will implement in future projects.

By Shantanu S M

Honestly, I received the course for free so I can give my non biased opinion. If you're a newbie it's okay as an introductory course. However, it won't give you the "How to" instructions. It will tell you what you need to do and give a passing reference to others. You will have to do a lot of research and reading on your own. Again, you can do that on Google or their website. It's your decision if you want to pay for it.

By Yvonne N

May 8, 2020

This course was average. The first 2 weeks were great. Somewhere along the course, it was almost all podcasts. Not a very effective tool if we had all signed up for video tutorials. There were also a lot of readings that were averaging 40+ pages. Could be better.

By PKeremidchieva

Oct 19, 2020

It is suitable only for beginners.

Please update your materials - they are really getting old. Remove Google+ from your examples.

By Sunny

Jul 23, 2020

how did it help to develop your action items to develop your content marketing strategy?

It really helps me to come up with creative headlines to grab attention of the audience. Before I had troubles grab users' attention and wondered why is my content not being viewed by many people? So, I started with the customer persona and I have realized, I didn't have a clear audience. And that really surprised me. When I had a clear goal of whom to deliver my message, it was a game-changer.

My blog views have increased by 8.4% after using the strategy of content marketing. In the era of the internet, this course has provided me tons of valuable information that is practical. I'm surprised that the internet course can bring such fruitful lessons if one has a strong dedication.

What ideas did you gain from the course and will implement it?

"Empathy map" and "Experience map" is a key thing that I have learned in this lecture. And more importantly, applying in a real-life situation boosted my competitive advantages. Realizing how to write meaningful and fascinating stories is a mind-blowing experience.

What are you already doing well? Where do you need to strengthen?

I love the fact that people all around the world give constructive feedback on my project. People love my contents and stories behind them and find them really interesting. It is a great feeling when I can be like an artist and deliver the beauty of content to the audience.

However, I have missed delivering a clear "call to action". I have learned that persuading people to take action is key to the revenue stream. And it will be my ongoing mission to strengthen this point.

plus the course helped me in understanding the numbers behind my audience's behavior with the use of data and metrics from my Google Analytics account. My learning objects were exceeded with this Strategy of Content Marketing course.

By Maria C H

Aug 7, 2020

I'm quite impressed about each and every single piece of knowledge and advice that Sonia Simone and Brian Clark have given me. Not only the knowledge itself, but the way they share it in such a nice, close, warm, clear and practical manner.

I'm actually thinking, at the end of my 40 year career as a marketer, researcher, advertiser and innovator for mass market products, to become a writer and creative for content marketing. Hearing it from them sounds so interesting!!!

This course was, simply said, GREAT!!!

The resources and all the content is everything one needs to understand the subject of Content Marketing, wether you are responsible for that, or you are the client. In any case, you have what is needed to have a good sense of what is needed.

As per Sonia and Brian, they are excellent communicators of their knowledge. And, most of it, they are so GENEROUS when sharing it. Im very grateful to them. They are truthful and they are also very ethical.

I wish I could hire them for any Content Marketing I had to develop and being a part of my team.

THANK YOU!!!

By Jia Y G

This course has been a good introduction to content developing and marketing it. It also provides tips on how to work with industry professionals, consumers and how to draft expectations that the three-way party can be agreeable with. It also considers the ethical and professional responsibilities as a content developer, which I believe imperative in today's digital age as content can be easily published online. To benefit deeply from the course, one should peruse not only the videos but the practice books provided, and apply them in your real lives. Overall a course that is easy to follow, if you are looking to get an overview of content marketing, this would be it.

By Tatiana C

Jun 13, 2020

I'm really happy to have made the decision, during this COVID quarantine, to start to invest in my knowledge. I lost my job and during the quarantine and despite the difficulties, it forced me to open new doors. And I am studying hard in an attempt to start something new, either as a freelancer or opening my own digital marketing agency and I know that now with all the knowledge I acquired in this course, which was very comprehensive and also knowledge from other courses I have taken in another areas of digital marketing and SEO, I feel very confident. I don't even remember that we are in the middle of a crisis. I only see opportunities on the way.

By Sourabh D

Jun 10, 2021

Taking up this course is the best decision I made. The course has really helped me learning, understanding and also applying the strategies of content marketing. The tutors Sonia, Brian and Stefanie were very good at imparting their knowledge and experience with respect to approaching, tackling and building our own business with the magic of content marketing.

Overall the course has shaped me into a bit of content marketer myself and developing a thought process of a content strategy. The reading material are also very useful. I will certainly buy the certificate, since it's worth that much money! Thank you UC Davis and Copyblogger!!

By Maria C R M

Oct 26, 2020

It is a fantastic course and I am really happy about what I learned !

However, an improvement point could be to have a more accurate time frames throughout the course. This, because the modules just tell you about the real time videos will take, as well as the readings and the assignments; but the podcast which are many and not short are time consuming as well and this is definitely not calculated.

Knowing the actual time that needs to be invested in the course help the students to really plan their time better, manage to submit the assignments within the deadlines and project themselves to a realistic completion date for the course.

By Louise R L

I've learned a lot from this course. I see content marketing in a different light now, and I see how and why my past professional deliverables have worked and all the places I can improve. Relationships are key - relationships with your audience, your stakeholders, your peers and all the curious minds around you. There's a science behind content marketing that is reflected in all of our different behaviors. It's been exciting to uncover some of it during this course.

I have achieved more than expected with this course, learned so many new things and even built new connections from around the world. It's been a great experience!

By Brent T

Jan 20, 2018

this course was phenomenal. if you're looking for a framework to begin or even refine your career as a content marketer, strategist or writer, this course is a great way to do that. it's very much self-directed in that you'll get out of it what you put into it. if you go into the course with an objective in mind (or an audience, it will prove even more useful). finally, the podcasts are great -- unconventional for a course -- but it lets you "study" on the go. pro-tip: the bulk of the depth of knowledge is in the ebooks. jam-packed with wisdom AND great examples of exceptional writing. A+ work on this course, guys.

By Carlos E M R

Jan 28, 2021

In my humble opinion I highly recommend taking this course even if you are not going to work as a marketer or analyst. This will give you a general and specific idea of what digital marketing, strategy of content and more backgrounds, Developing a personal brand, taking in consideration the copyright lae and other themes that will give you tools to perfom better in your work and in your life. I feel very thankful to mrs Sonia and to the entire team of coursera for this opportunity. I took this course as a help for people affected by the covid-19 and took advantage of this opportunity. Greetings to everyone.

By Aaron D

Jan 3, 2021

This was my first Coursera course, and I was very impressed with the practical information and resources (so many ebooks!) that accompany the lecture videos and podcasts.

There is also a "meta" level to "The Strategy of Content Marketing" because the act of teaching this course allows the professional content marketers to build their own "authority" as they're teaching you about building *your* authority through guest blogging and webinars. You can literally see the techniques being put into practice throughout the course (although the generic stock photos throughout the lectures are a bit weak).

By soso m

Dec 25, 2020

This is the best marketing course I have ever done. Although a challenge, the material compels one to forge ahead. The concept of empathy was a first for me and my customers, and I will benefit from my new found approach to customer service.

Thank you.

I am proud of my learning journey on "The Strategy of Content Marketing". It has given me a head-start on my blogging journey.

In conclusion, the course tutor is phenomenal. I always looked forward to her calming voice and her unique skill and craft in presenting a rather complicated topic. She makes it sound so easy. Thank you, Sonia Simone!

By Vishal O

Dec 23, 2017

This is a comprehensive course arranged in a structured manner using the content available on the Copyblogger website.

Sonia is a great presenter - which means that her experience speaks, and she doesn't let this look fluffy or boring at all.

It seems like the team has extracted all the essential information necessary to create content strategies and then put them together.

It has definitely been worth the time.

It's more than watching videos or reading PDFs - it introduces you to new perspectives and actually teaches you something that matters.

By Nathalie P

Sep 25, 2021

Before anything else, I have to say thank you to Sonia. Wishing her continued health and strength to keep up the good fight. This course was exactly that "something" that I needed.

These five weeks have been eye opening for me; while I was previously aware of some of the course content, I did learn new aspects of those same elements along with some new stuff.

The course is very comprehensive, with lots of supporting resources. I didn't start it with any expectations, and as I write can't think of anything which may have been overlooked.