Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

SM

26 - 50 of 771 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By JAISHANKAR J L H

Nov 24, 2018

Phenomenal course which lit the spark within me to fully embrace the path of the content marketeer.

Thank you for opening up a new world to me and giving me a new vision. Simply stunning content. Don't hesitate, sign up now!

By Sven K

Apr 08, 2020

I just started getting into content marketing for my company. For a beginner like me this course was very informative. Furthermore the course is very well structured so that you can easily follow the lecturs.

By ROCIO L

Mar 06, 2019

This course is amazing, really excellent; the instructor is very clear, the structure is adequate; the assignments are really challenging, they really require to put the theory in practice, I recommend it.

By Sehresh M

By Jeanne L C

By Aamir M

Apr 11, 2020

This course is super awesome. Lots of interesting tools and frameworks that are shared by the instructor and the assignments give you a wonderful chance to apply the same. I highly recommend it!

By Vickie R

Oct 13, 2019

An amazing theoretical and practical approach to content marketing for all levels but especially marketing professionals looking to fine tune their digital marketing skills.

By María S J O

Mar 07, 2019

Very helpful, and enlighting. Gives good solid advice on what you should focus on when creating content. Thank you very much Sonia and the whole UC Davis Team

By Anja P

Apr 13, 2018

Way more than I expected! Excellent course and real pleasure to read and listen to! Highly recommend it to everyone regardless of industry you work in.

By Urvashi P P

Jul 07, 2018

Very nice and decent course should be done by people who are into content marketing or people in corporates as the terms are useful for all .

By Rebekah J I

Jul 31, 2018

Great Introductory course to Content Marketing. I found this course and the quality of information provided very valuable to my learning.

By Elsa P

Oct 25, 2017

This is a great course on content marketing! All the materials are well presented and even as a beginner you get lots of information!

By Stephan S

Dec 21, 2017

Great, great, great!

By Beata M

Unfortunately following this course from the mobile application is nearly impossible, since almost every content is in the downloadable materials which is not reachable from a mobile phone.

Besides, the submissions are missing a rubric, which would be helpful for understanding what do they expect from the learners, unfortunately the misunderstanding resulted in very diverse results among the peer-reviewed submission.

Moreover, having peer-reviewed submissions may not be the best way of getting grades, since it seemed like leading to cultural differences: even if the written feedback was "everything was perfect", some peers gave 0 points, and there was no way to flag the reviews and have it checked by a professional.

Many course materials had nothing to do with the assignments, so it was great to listen to the calming voice of Sonia and it was a good addition to your general knowledge (and the ebooks are great!), it would be useful to have them in line with the assignments.

By Shantanu S M

Honestly, I received the course for free so I can give my non biased opinion. If you're a newbie it's okay as an introductory course. However, it won't give you the "How to" instructions. It will tell you what you need to do and give a passing reference to others. You will have to do a lot of research and reading on your own. Again, you can do that on Google or their website. It's your decision if you want to pay for it.

By Liza V

Apr 26, 2020

The strength of the course is provide in exercises than the content/video lectures. I have some issues with logistics - some video lectures are very short and do not provide direction that the remaining audio of that lecture can be found in downloads. Information can be better organized.

The downside is having assignments peer-reviewed, as sometimes I have to go through several rounds of revisions and submissions due to peer scoring, but they do not provide comprehensive feedback on what I should be improving. It makes it difficult to progress. I would prefer to have instructors provide feedback on my assignments.

I did not like that the first week of the lesson was about creating a website to be a content marketer, I think it could have been used for better information. The videos are succinct and do not go very in depth as the instructors depend on the students to read heavily on the e-books that are provided.

By Niki F

Jun 01, 2020

Unfortunately, this course was mainly filled with podcasts, no visuals, and assignments which lacked information. I had high hopes for this course and the reading material was very well written. However, for a course that was meant to teach me how to capture information and generate sales, it couldn't even capture my attention!

By Yvonne N

May 08, 2020

This course was average. The first 2 weeks were great. Somewhere along the course, it was almost all podcasts. Not a very effective tool if we had all signed up for video tutorials. There were also a lot of readings that were averaging 40+ pages. Could be better.

By Tan Y N

I started this course wanting to learn about content marketing from instructors who were experts in the field, and seemed keen and ready to share their tips.

However, this course left me sorely disappointed. There's no doubt that a lot of insightful course content is provided, but most of this content are not in the actual course videos, but rather in downloadable "podcasts" attached to each lesson in MP3 format.

The podcasts contain valuable information and tips on content marketing, but come with absolutely no visual aids, subtitles or any of the great features Coursera has equipped its platform with (scrolling subtitles, note-taking function, etc). This means that learning for those who have trouble understanding the audio, or visualising certain concepts is greatly hindered.

It also means that one should be prepared to spend a great deal of extra time on top of what's reflected in the course requirements to listen to lengthy mp3 tracks without any guides.

There also seems to be a certain slant towards various service providers in the course - for instance, WordPress is recommended as the top go-to site for creating one's personal website. This promotion of specific 3rd party brands is something I am not entirely comfortable with and I would have greatly appreciated if the instructors could have weighed the pros and cons of these services against their competitors so users can make an informed choice.

Overall, I am happy with the amount and quality of the course content, but a whole lot more could have been done to make taking in, and learning this content a less painful experience.

By IPSA G

Jun 29, 2020

This course is poorly written and seems more like promotion of their own company rather than actual teaching. It is about how to write a good content, where the speaker is simply introducing you to the topics. You will have to read a lot and listen to podcasts which are not that helpful since content like that can be easily found on google. I did NOT find this course helpful.

By Leah

Feb 25, 2017

This feels more a like a sales pitch for Copyblogger than an actual course. Kinda feels like a waste of my time. I didn't learn anything new.

By Ezan

Sep 08, 2019

The lectures were not as informative as expected. I had high hopes for this course. :(

By Seung J B

Jul 23, 2020

how did it help to develop your action items to develop your content marketing strategy?

It really helps me to come up with creative headlines to grab attention of the audience. Before I had troubles grab users' attention and wondered why is my content not being viewed by many people? So, I started with the customer persona and I have realized, I didn't have a clear audience. And that really surprised me. When I had a clear goal of whom to deliver my message, it was a game-changer.

My blog views have increased by 8.4% after using the strategy of content marketing. In the era of the internet, this course has provided me tons of valuable information that is practical. I'm surprised that the internet course can bring such fruitful lessons if one has a strong dedication.

What ideas did you gain from the course and will implement it?

"Empathy map" and "Experience map" is a key thing that I have learned in this lecture. And more importantly, applying in a real-life situation boosted my competitive advantages. Realizing how to write meaningful and fascinating stories is a mind-blowing experience.

What are you already doing well? Where do you need to strengthen?

I love the fact that people all around the world give constructive feedback on my project. People love my contents and stories behind them and find them really interesting. It is a great feeling when I can be like an artist and deliver the beauty of content to the audience.

However, I have missed delivering a clear "call to action". I have learned that persuading people to take action is key to the revenue stream. And it will be my ongoing mission to strengthen this point.

plus the course helped me in understanding the numbers behind my audience's behavior with the use of data and metrics from my Google Analytics account. My learning objects were exceeded with this Strategy of Content Marketing course.

By Maria C H

Aug 08, 2020

I'm quite impressed about each and every single piece of knowledge and advice that Sonia Simone and Brian Clark have given me. Not only the knowledge itself, but the way they share it in such a nice, close, warm, clear and practical manner.

I'm actually thinking, at the end of my 40 year career as a marketer, researcher, advertiser and innovator for mass market products, to become a writer and creative for content marketing. Hearing it from them sounds so interesting!!!

This course was, simply said, GREAT!!!

The resources and all the content is everything one needs to understand the subject of Content Marketing, wether you are responsible for that, or you are the client. In any case, you have what is needed to have a good sense of what is needed.

As per Sonia and Brian, they are excellent communicators of their knowledge. And, most of it, they are so GENEROUS when sharing it. Im very grateful to them. They are truthful and they are also very ethical.

I wish I could hire them for any Content Marketing I had to develop and being a part of my team.

THANK YOU!!!

By Jia Y G

This course has been a good introduction to content developing and marketing it. It also provides tips on how to work with industry professionals, consumers and how to draft expectations that the three-way party can be agreeable with. It also considers the ethical and professional responsibilities as a content developer, which I believe imperative in today's digital age as content can be easily published online. To benefit deeply from the course, one should peruse not only the videos but the practice books provided, and apply them in your real lives. Overall a course that is easy to follow, if you are looking to get an overview of content marketing, this would be it.